BA on M1 MacBook

Morph

Good evening,

I wondered if anyone has yet tried running Bet Angel on an Apple M1 MacBook using Parallels? If so, please could you say if it was successful with the standard 8gb RAM configuration? I have read that their latest update works very well with some applications but won’t start others.

Yours Faithfully,

Morph
Archery1969

Morph wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:42 pm
Good evening,

I wondered if anyone has yet tried running Bet Angel on an Apple M1 MacBook using Parallels? If so, please could you say if it was successful with the standard 8gb RAM configuration? I have read that their latest update works very well with some applications but won’t start others.

Yours Faithfully,

Morph
I did this back in 2019 and it ran like a dog. Very slow refreshing markets and prices. Gave up and switched to Windows machine.
Euler

I run Parallels on a Mac and it's running perfectly, just like a normal PC. A lot of the videos you see are done on a Mac.

The problem with the new Mac's is they are not on Intel architecture so Parallels has only just been made to work on it. I don't have access to one, so can't particular advise on how it runs on the new ARM based machines.
Morph

Thank you both very much for your replies.
Certainly encouraged by your earlier experience Euler but appreciate the ARM caveat.
whittled01

Don’t know whether I’m too late here, but only just joined. I’m running Bet Angel on an 8GB M1 Mac Mini with the new version of Parallels and it works perfectly. Even let’s me control Bet Angel remotely through the Parallels virtual desktop on my IPad Pro went out/at work. Hope this helps.

Return to “Technology”