Digital horses and digital racing

gazuty

I had not come across digital horses and racing. How would this work? Random race winners? Is it like any other “battle” between digital items on a algorithm with some randomness - Pokémon style?

https://www.smh.com.au/business/small-b ... 57uo4.html

https://zed.run/

Would digital horses 🐎 have inheritable features and would there also be random variance etc in their DNA 🧬. Will there be a Frankel? Of digital horses.
ODPaul82

I used to partake in ladbrokes digital stable where you had to train your yard, make sure they were fed, vets, all entirely virtual, buy horses at virtual auction.

You could enter races which would then be shown in the ladbrokes shops and you'd get some prize money if it won or placed.

Not touched it for a fair few years now, mine are probably in the virtual knackers yard.
johnsheppard

gazuty wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:16 am
Would digital horses 🐎 have inheritable features and would there also be random variance etc in their DNA 🧬. Will there be a Frankel? Of digital horses.
That Zed beta video thing, they orta make it go round in circles I reckon...it'd make for much more interesting watching :) Still somewhat mesmerising though.

I don't know if the youth are as enamoured with racing as the older generation...(I personally am not despite trying to trade it)...but the thought of having my own digital horse and trying to breed it to success does sorta tickle my fancy... more so than a real horse :)

As an aside...
In Au at the local eatery/pub places they got the Keno racing. I never paid any attention to it other than, briefly wondering if it was real when I first saw it...
"Keno Racing is a new addition to playing Keno. You can now play a simulated race every three minutes without having to study a form guide, check weather conditions or have knowledge of runner heritage. There is nothing complicated about Keno Racing."
alexmr2

I had thoughts of next gen horse racing being done by robots or cyborgs but crypto horses takes it a step further.

Maybe feed it a rare candy to level it up ;)

Return to “Technology”