What affects BF tennis live feed latency?

Brovashift

Hello all,

Anyone know what effects the betfair live feed latency, and how to improve any lagging??

I watch the BF racing, and the odd German / South American football live feeds with no problem at all, maybe a 1 second delay. But when it comes to tennis live feed... OMG it keeps stopping and then skipping forward to catch up the the present. Its soooooo anoying when a player is about to serve and it freezes mid racket swing... and the stopping and starting isn't good for my mentality :evil:

I am using my mobile to tether to my PC, not ideal I know, but am receiving 80-100+ mbps download and 50-80mbps upload, testing on mobile and desktop browser Google speed test. Looking online and BF recommend a minimum of 1mbps. Not sure how old that info is.

My average ping rate to betfair.com is around 60ms, and the recomendation is below 100ms. Check!

I am running BA on a recently built gaming rig, with a ryzen 5 cpu (6cores, 12 threads), using M.2 hard drives, 32gb RAM.... the only thing thats letting it down atm is the graphics card, being an old Geforce GTX 650 2GB which I was thinking could be the issue, but the problem only seems to be with the tennis live feed, and as I am within the recommended specs with everything else I am wondering if its my end or betfairs.

I do need to upgrade my graphics card to something with more memory, and am currently on the lookout for a 5G phone to see if this solves things... But I am not convinved that it will.

I have also tried watching the tennis live feed with nothing else running on my PC and it makes absolutly no difference.

Any ideas will be appreciated. :ugeek:

TIA
Dallas

Why not just use the score feed in Bet Angel?

That is the fastest feed you can get from any source as it comes straight from the court direct from the data provider.
There is no feed that is ahead of it, not even Betfair's web site updates as quick.

If there's any lag to that it's possible you may not be refreshing at the fastest speed possible,

If you go onto your Communications tab in your main settings and set the refresh at 350ms, this is the fastest the feed provider will allow us to update. It is defaulted to a lower speed. If you update this to the neatest speed, you will get the score shortly after it is entered courtside, in milliseconds.
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:19 pm

That is the fastest feed you can get from any source as it comes straight from the court direct from the data provider.
There is no feed that is ahead of it, not even Betfair's web site updates as quick.

If there's any lag to that it's possible you may not be refreshing at the fastest speed possible,

If you go onto your Communications tab in your main settings and set the refresh at 350ms, this is the fastest the feed provider will allow us to update. It is defaulted to a lower speed. If you update this to the neatest speed, you will get the score shortly after it is entered courtside, in milliseconds.
Cheers Dallas, I will take a look tomorrow 👍🏻

Is the score feed tennis trader, or something different? Or the Guardian Watch List?

My BA updates quick, or so I believe anyway. Prices move a good few seconds before the live feed, although that could be countrysiders of course. But also the racing goes in play same time as the live feed.
I like to watch the tennis to get a feel for how they are playing, if points are being won or given away through mistakes.

TIA
Dallas

Brovashift wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:04 pm
Dallas wrote:

Cheers Dallas, I will take a look tomorrow 👍🏻

Is the score feed tennis trader, or something different? Or the Guardian Watch List?

My BA updates quick, or so I believe anyway. Prices move a good few seconds before the live feed, although that could be countrysiders of course. But also the racing goes in play same time as the live feed.
I like to watch the tennis to get a feel for how they are playing, if points are being won or given away through mistakes.

TIA
All of Bet Angel uses the same feed (Tennis Trader, Watch List, Automation etc) so they will all update in parallel

The prices will always move slightly ahead of the actual scores changing, this can sometimes be down to courtsiders but in the majority of cases its just people pre-empting who will win the point

The Racing will go in-play the same time as the BF live feed because BF are using this same video feed, so when they see it turn in-play they push the button
ODPaul82

With regards to the video stopping/starting, nothing to do with your computer, it's just the feed provider or whatever conversion tool their using to turn the live video feed into streamable content.

Challenger matches it's even worse, I'll be on about 10-15 matches a year where it'll stop, go to refresh the stream and it will then just replay the last 5 seconds of whatever it had stored.

As Dallas says, use the BA tennis scores, there even faster than 365 by 0.5-1 second.
sniffer66

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 10:21 am
With regards to the video stopping/starting, nothing to do with your computer, it's just the feed provider or whatever conversion tool their using to turn the live video feed into streamable content.

Challenger matches it's even worse, I'll be on about 10-15 matches a year where it'll stop, go to refresh the stream and it will then just replay the last 5 seconds of whatever it had stored.

As Dallas says, use the BA tennis scores, there even faster than 365 by 0.5-1 second.
Which, if you can get your automation nailed down well, means you can be a split second ahead of most traders with an entry/exit
Brovashift

Thanks all :idea:
Brovashift

Dallas wrote:

Do you mean something like this Dallas?

I notice that if I uncheck the 'use betfair streaming' and mess about with the settings, then my refresh is limited to the standard 200ms again. Should I leave this checked and just set the tennis scores to 350ms ye?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Brovashift wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 12:48 pm
I notice that if I uncheck the 'use betfair streaming' and mess about with the settings, then my refresh is limited to the standard 200ms again.
That's because if you're not streaming, you're polling. And rather than being sent an update every time one occurs, you're asking if there's been one. And 000s of people doing that more than 5x a second is something Betfair don't want, hence the throttling to 200ms. If the score info refreshes at 350ms then most of those requests won't return any changes anyway so I'd either stream, or poll at the same frequency updates occur.

Return to “Technology”