Need opinions of the experienced traders

Interested in learning to trade on Betfair. Check out this section for advice, knowledge and discussion on trading strategies.
cemocan70

Hello folks trader nominee here, I'm trying to learn trading in bf almost 1.5 year, Tried many different strategies mostly on football and horses(only UK and IRE) and finally come to a point where my own creation bot profitable 23 days in a row, basically my bot looking for 3 conditions to met than placing a lay bets on first and second favs for 3 ticks profit with 5 ticks stoploss. The bot traded 691 races so far(approx 30 trades each race min 4 max 101) with 10p stakes. I've won 61% percent of my trades, wins and losses vary but avg. i'm making 1.75 when win and losing 1.3 (biggest win a race 9.7p and loss 5.95p) looks good i presume but here is the question; i did all of these in practise mode so my question will should i expect similar outcome in real mode? thanks in advance for your valuable opinions btw sorry for my bad english.
Jukebox

Its unlikely that you will have the same result in live as the market is never aware of your transactions in practice mode and therefore can't react to them. Why not try a couple of markets with the same file set up in both practice and live modes to compare them side by side.
cemocan70

Thank you jukebox for your reply, first can i run ba in practise and real mode in the same time? i didn't know that, yes you're absolutely right when saying market doesn't aware my transactions tbh deep in my mind i was thinking positive because my orders are relatively small 10p always but yes it's something important to consider , it's my first time seeing some automation profitable(even in practise mode) in many markets.
Jukebox

cemocan70 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:38 am
....can i run ba in practise and real mode in the same time?....
Yes you can.
You can open several BA sessions - each time you login you select if you want practice or live mode. So you can easily choose to have a practice session and a live session open side by side.
cemocan70

Owww thank you very much, What do think for smaller stakes maybe 5p or 2p to hiding in the que? of course this will be reduce winnings but the idea is not losing yes? :)
Jukebox

cemocan70 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:58 am
Owww thank you very much, What do think for smaller stakes maybe 5p or 2p to hiding in the que? of course this will be reduce winnings but the idea is not losing yes? :)
BF have minimum stake rules - the software may allow you to get around them but BF won't allow you to abuse them if they're continually not getting a commission from your transactions. Its not very sensible to put so much of your time into developing a strategy that at best can only earn you a tiny amount for a short time before you're cut off and can't even be scaled up.
cemocan70

sorry i think you got me wrong when i say 10p,5p or 2p i mean pounds min 2 pound bets won't create any problems i presume.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”