Newbies Trading in the Dark

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
firlandsfarm

rik wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:13 am
for me smaller default stakes and multiclicking is the faster more intuitive way of putting an appropriate stake especially if you do in running and have to decide quickly on a good amount
As a matter of interest Rik do you 'up' your refresh time in-running to try and smooth out the ladder prices?
rik

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:19 am
rik wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:13 am
for me smaller default stakes and multiclicking is the faster more intuitive way of putting an appropriate stake especially if you do in running and have to decide quickly on a good amount
As a matter of interest Rik do you 'up' your refresh time in-running to try and smooth out the ladder prices?
always have it on 20ms no matter inrunnning or prerace
rik

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:16 am

This is why I don't think there even is an average stake, because your position varies..... But I agree it would be good to know if people's presets were 10, 20, 50, 100 or 100, 200, 500, 1000
why so few presets what if you feel ideal amount is 150 your going to stake 50% lower than you should?
i go in 5s from 30 to 70, 10s from 70 to 200
then buttons on the mouse for 1updown 5up and back to default so dont have to click anything on the screen
spreadbetting

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:49 am
SB, I am not looking at/for a target, just an indicator of what good traders achieve (I'm assuming most here who respond to such issues are good traders :) ). When George Graham managed the "1-0 to the Arsenal" team I suspect he wanted to know what the average goals the other teams were scoring but he didn't set that as a target for Arsenal to score. A "nice to know" doth not a target make! :)
You've been given plenty of answers, I just suspect you haven't been given the answer you want yet. What sort of prcentage would you consider acceptable, surely you must have a figure in mind?
firlandsfarm

spreadbetting wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:47 am
You've been given plenty of answers, I just suspect you haven't been given the answer you want yet. What sort of prcentage would you consider acceptable, surely you must have a figure in mind?
Yes I've not been given the answer I want but that's not in the way people usually say that! I haven't been given the answer in the format I want (was hoping for), I have no predetermined value of that answer so have no 'want' in that area.

Nope, I have no figure in mind, I have no idea what others experience in that area. I don't believe in the novice telling the expert what's what. If I should try and answer your question I would go to Excel and enter =RANDBETWEEN(0,00) in a cell (where "00" is infinity) because that would be just as likely to be as accurate as me guessing.
ShaunWhite

rik wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:27 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:16 am

This is why I don't think there even is an average stake, because your position varies..... But I agree it would be good to know if people's presets were 10, 20, 50, 100 or 100, 200, 500, 1000
why so few presets what if you feel ideal amount is 150 your going to stake 50% lower than you should?
i go in 5s from 30 to 70, 10s from 70 to 200
then buttons on the mouse for 1updown 5up and back to default so dont have to click anything on the screen
It's was just an example of magnitude and not wanting to type a long list. I generally used to have smallish presets and hammer away on the mouse button if I wanted more on or be able to drop small offers in all over the place without changing stake much. Whatever suits though, and it's not like I was any good so probably best to do the exact opposite of what I did manually. :roll:

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”