Rescuing a trade gone wrong.

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Derek27

gazuty wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:26 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:10 pm
Let's face it, if you stand to lose £10K whichever horse wins as long as the event goes ahead and you ponder long enough about what you can do ....
... you travel to China and hang out with bats while you eat delicacies at the local seafood market. You then return home feeling slightly unwell ..... and racing is shut down.
Brilliant idea! Catch C19, go to a racecourse every day and spread it around. :lol: It would have to be an antepost market though.
Realrocknrolla

Thanks for the response guys and girls.
Realrocknrolla

Kai wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:38 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:20 pm
Definitely not trolling. The question was are there any videos of things gone wrong? Rather than everything going correct in the videos. If not no worries.

I was just looking for examples and tips to be fair. Never can stop learning.
Fair enough. Can find a few quick ones using search on the Bet Angel Youtube channel.

Dealing with losses : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly6uUc84YnA

Betting loss recovery systems & strategies : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0IngAgsoI

A losing trade : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faHJ7dZAylM

Getting it wrong : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae5yE1HG7bo
These are great. Thanks.
LeTiss

In my experience, there's no such thing as 'rescuing' a trade that's gone wrong

What you need to do is LEARN from a trade that's gone wrong, and then make sure you avoid making the same mistake again next time

Getting into a mentality of 'rescuing' a bad trade, sends you down the well trodden path to bankruptcy......chasing
Kai

Someone probably already said the obvious, but accepting losses is a normal part of many many profitable strategies :)

And if you think about it, cutting losses and bad trades in general is a profitable strategy in itself as well, and that "profit" comes from not doubling or tripling those losses further :mrgreen:
wearthefoxhat

Maybe looking at yourself as a risk manager might help.

If you let the ego in, then arrogance and a false self confidence could creep in too. Then you take more risk thinking you are invincible and then your bank, or you, blow up....or both.

I watched a documentary about investment bank traders in the city. The trait they seem to have is one of a psychopathic tendency...might explain one or two things...or maybe not....
spreadbetting

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:55 pm

I watched a documentary about investment bank traders in the city. The trait they seem to have is one of a psychopathic tendency...might explain one or two things...or maybe not....
Always easy to be a maverick when you're trading with other people's money.
LeTiss

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:10 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:

The easiest job in the world is spending other people's money
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:10 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:

It's obvious you don't know much about that world. Pay is linked to performance, if you don't deliver you just get your basic and then you're out on your ear.

Wtfh, I wouldn't read much into a documentary, if they weren't 'characters' they wouldn't be featured. The vast majority are introverted verging on savant but of course that's not a very interesting when you want to sensationalise something.
johnsheppard

wearthefoxhat wrote:
What was it called? I like documentaries, and psychopaths are interesting too (when observed via a tv screen). Shaun's probably right though about sensationalised things, I wonder if I could damaged my brain from watching such things....
wearthefoxhat

johnsheppard wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:04 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
What was it called? I like documentaries, and psychopaths are interesting too (when observed via a tv screen). Shaun's probably right though about sensationalised things, I wonder if I could damaged my brain from watching such things....
The financial brain of the London City. - Docu 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd-7A9aosw0
johnsheppard

Thank you. It's on my watch list now :)

(Sorry to interrupt the flow of the thread). I think it's the general consensus that there is no such thing as rescuing a trade gone wrong. Seems logical to me. Unless you have a time machine...in which case you'd need a cape and a logo...
Jukebox

johnsheppard wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:30 am
Thank you. It's on my watch list now :)

(Sorry to interrupt the flow of the thread). I think it's the general consensus that there is no such thing as rescuing a trade gone wrong. Seems logical to me. Unless you have a time machine...in which case you'd need a cape and a logo...
LOL:
"Help me 'R'Man, I opened a lay position on the second favorite and now the favorite is refusing to enter the stall !!"

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”