Need opinions of the experienced traders

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
jamesedwards

Practise mode is a vital part of Bet Angel as it allows automations to be tested without fear of errors costing real £££s. Saved me thousands no doubt!

However, I never use practise mode for profitability testing and instead will use smallest possible stakes in real mode. This is for two reasons:
1) in real mode you will make some difference to the market and even a tiny impact can make a difference between long term profit and loss.
2) the practise mode algorithm means it will match any size of your stake against any stake available in the market at the best possible price so often you will find better value in practise mode vs real mode. eg if the market has £50 available to back at 6.0 and 10p at 6.2, practise mode will allow you to back £10 @ 6.2 whereas in real mode you would have only got £0.10 matched at 6.2 with the balance £9.90 matching at 6.0.
Derek27

cemocan70 wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 12:22 am
thanks for your response Derek, the thing i'm really surprised is my 2p stakes is changing the behavior of the market, So let's say my 3 conditions are met and the bot lay the horse at odds of 2.00 so my good scenario(expecting) is the odds rises till 2.06 and close the trade with greening or bad scenario(not expecting but sometimes) odds fell down till 1.94 and and close trade with red, without touching the market(practice mode) after those conditions are met price moves 75-80% accordingly with my assumption, but when my 2p stakes enters the que everything changes tataaaaa that's weird for me i could understand if my stakes are higher let's say 100p or more but 2 p stakes in que where usually 300-500 waiting changing the movement of the price Waowww i say :-)
You're £2 won't change the behaviour of the market drastically, the market may have move that way anyway. Markets always jolt and it's bound to happen sometimes just as you enter a bet. There may also bots that react to any change in prices plus bots reacting to other bot bets so it may appear random at times.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”