Strike Rate Required

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
CallumPerry

How do I work out the strike rate required to be profitable if I know my average gains and average losses?

I know if I win £10 (After commission) and lose £10 on average then anything above a 50% strike rate will be profitable (given a large enough sample). What about if I was £12 (After commission) positive and £8 negative (on average)?

Probably a really stupidly easy formula I just don't have the brain power for this evening and instead of searching, I figured I'd be lazy and come to the forum. Any help please?
arch4672

break even s/r = avg loss / (avg loss + avg win)

e.g. for your example = 8 / (8 + 12) = 8/20 = 0.4 => 40% s/r
CallumPerry

Brilliant, thank you!
Mitch567

Interesting Formula..Just. to turn it round though, and similar to Callum, trying to work it out but struggling or just lazy.

How do you transpose the formula to work out your break even average loss, so if I win £7 on average and have a strike rate of 92%, what should my losses be limited to to break even?
arch4672

The starting formula is:

(avg_profit * strike_rate) - (avg_loss * (1 - strike_rate)) = 0

You just need to sub in the things you know and rearrange to work out the thing you don't know.
Mitch567

Excellent, thank you very much
ingotregard

Batters' ability to score runs without being dismissed is more important than their strike rate in Test cricket slope unblocked. This means that batting average, rather than strike rate, is prioritized when assessing a batter's performance in a Test setting.
Kai

ingotregard wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:37 am
Batters' ability to score runs without being dismissed is more important than their strike rate in Test cricket slope unblocked. This means that batting average, rather than strike rate, is prioritized when assessing a batter's performance in a Test setting.
When you glance at the thread title without reading any of the posts
jimibt

Kai wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:12 pm
ingotregard wrote:
or when the poster is a bot reacting to thread titles :D
Kai

jimibt wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:14 pm
Kai wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:12 pm
ingotregard wrote:
or when the poster is a bot reacting to thread titles :D
Indeed Jimbo, but thought it was funnier that way :lol:

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”