SNIPERS

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
JollyGreen

Jeff

I would say there are plenty of people who know far more about the market than I do. I don't profess to be better than anyone, I only do what I know works for me. I get it wrong but not very often thankfully and I only get involved when the price is incorrect according to my personal view of the market. Obviously I enjoy posting lay or back (or trading) advice on here when I have the time but there simply isn't enough time in the day for me to post every day. It takes me about 1-1.5 hours of study per race before I feel I can sensibly advise fellow forumites to risk their cash. At other times I can just look at a market and know instantly when the prices are wrong. Again, I must stress that the prices are only wrong in my opinion based on my methods. These methods have proved correct often enough to tell me I can do it.

I will write a post on Markets, handicapping etc to try and help others understand why I do what I do and how it works; without passing on the Goose that lays the golden egg so to speak :D

JG

PS. lesblakeman is quite correct when he mentions lemmings at the course/shops. If you read many of my posts where I have advised a lay I also mention lemmings to the slaughter! There are plenty of them!!
icarus121

Look forward to your post on the markets JG.A small egg would be nice.. :)
thepokerst4r

A few pictures of encouragement ;)

But yeah, there's nothing more annoying. If you do hit the jackpot and decide to start sniping, let me know what markets to stay away from! :)
Iron

Hi Les Blakeman

I used to think that heavily steaming horses were good lays. I thought that, even if there was some good intelligence behind the gamble, the activities of trend traders and mug punters would push the price lower than its true price. However, I no longer see things as so clear-cut. Sometimes a steam is caused by mug punters, but sometimes it's caused by people in the know feeding their money into the market, and you often get strong steamers winning easily.

Jeff
lesblakeman wrote:At least 9 out of 10 late "gambles" are on course bookmaker "lemming" scams , no "real" money involved at all.

Ferru123 wrote:Hi Les Blakeman

I used to think that heavily steaming horses were good lays. I thought that, even if there was some good intelligence behind the gamble, the activities of trend traders and mug punters would push the price lower than its true price. However, I no longer see things as so clear-cut. Sometimes a steam is caused by mug punters, but sometimes it's caused by people in the know feeding their money into the market, and you often get strong steamers winning easily.
Jeff
My feeling is that,once upon a time,if a horse heavily steamed it was a value lay in the same way that if a horse heavily drifted it was a value back.Nowadays this is probably less true than it used to be because this information is now in the public domain and the public are now acting on it.That changes the dynamics of the market which in turn changes the value in such horses.

The internet is a wonderful thing.Forums,such as this one,are wonderful things.They enable information to be disseminated and exchanged quickly and easily.And there's the rub as the good bard wrote.Once a piece of information becomes freely available,it becomes freely used and when it becomes freely used what was so ain't so any more.
Betr_bet

I've often wondered on two things regarding the above.? Do people sit the night before manually setting in lays of 1.01 etc with hope someone makes a mistake or would this be preprogrammed bots.? The other questions is how the guys setup for say a faller which in turn sees them steal a few quid at a 1000/1 would this be automated or manual.? I vaguely remember seeing a video of a guy automating these 1000/1 lays on horses which had fell, pulled up etc. However the automation for this seemed very difficult to setup.

Cheers
rik

I dont understand how people bitch about people moving the price with big banks. You might be able to initiate a move if betting big or continuously taking top price but you will have to trade all of that out again which might just reverse the move before your able to trade out fully. In my experience much easier trading small stakes.
Derek27

Betr_bet wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:10 am
I've often wondered on two things regarding the above.? Do people sit the night before manually setting in lays of 1.01 etc with hope someone makes a mistake or would this be preprogrammed bots.? The other questions is how the guys setup for say a faller which in turn sees them steal a few quid at a 1000/1 would this be automated or manual.? I vaguely remember seeing a video of a guy automating these 1000/1 lays on horses which had fell, pulled up etc. However the automation for this seemed very difficult to setup.

Cheers
I would guess people did it all manually 10+ years ago but I'm sure it's all automated now. Don't think fallers can be automated, you'd have to be watching the race.

It would be really sad if someone has 10 years experience of trading and has progressed no further than laying fat-finger traps at 1.01 pre-race. :)
Kai

It's very interesting to read posts from 2012, thanks for resurrecting this thread :)
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:33 am
It would be really sad if someone has 10 years experience of trading and has progressed no further than laying fat-finger traps at 1.01 pre-race. :)
Very sad but probably very true, you know they're out there Derek :D

In my first month of trading I was learning how to effectively LTD from an English trader that's been around for ages, and when I saw his website again 5 years later I just couldn't believe it, he has not improved an inch and was still doing the exact same thing.

Come to think of it, out of the dozen or so traders that we have in the Balkans area practically nobody has improved past that first success point, everyone has their little niche corner of the market and they don't really care about much else. Some of them even genuinely believe that Peter is a fraud and that some of the mainstream trading styles are nothing more than Betfair propaganda, it's one thing when you limit your own potential for whatever reason but when you flat out refuse to see the bigger picture you really have no excuse.

Very sad indeed.
spreadbetting

Kai wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:16 pm
It's very interesting to read posts from 2012, thanks for resurrecting this thread :)
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:33 am
Very sad but probably very true, you know they're out there Derek :D

In my first month of trading I was learning how to effectively LTD from an English trader that's been around for ages, and when I saw his website again 5 years later I just couldn't believe it, he has not improved an inch and was still doing the exact same thing.

Come to think of it, out of the dozen or so traders that we have in the Balkans area practically nobody has improved past that first success point, everyone has their little niche corner of the market and they don't really care about much else. Some of them even genuinely believe that Peter is a fraud and that some of the mainstream trading styles are nothing more than Betfair propaganda, it's one thing when you limit your own potential for whatever reason but when you flat out refuse to see the bigger picture you really have no excuse.

Very sad indeed.
If it ain't broke why fix it 8-)

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”