Step-By-Step Examples How to Set Automation Signals

Share your automation file with other users.
MemphisFlash

i was wondering, can you use a signal in a simliar way to the "if" statement in excel.
What i mean is if you set a signal with a value of 2, can you assign value 1 to one condition or multiple conditions, and then assign the value 2 to another seperate condition?
Dallas

MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:32 pm
i was wondering, can you use a signal in a simliar way to the "if" statement in excel.
What i mean is if you set a signal with a value of 2, can you assign value 1 to one condition or multiple conditions, and then assign the value 2 to another seperate condition?
Yes you can assign a signal name or specific value to any rule type when it triggers or you could have the value increase or decrease automatically as a rule triggers.

and then add a condition to test if a value and/or name is set before allowing a rule to trigger
jaketarn

Hi...can someone please explain the term "value" to me as I'm not quite getting it. In the third baf, the value is set to 99. Why?

Thanx
ShaunWhite

jaketarn wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:41 pm
Hi...can someone please explain the term "value" to me as I'm not quite getting it. In the third baf, the value is set to 99. Why?

Thanx
Signals are initialised as being set to 'null' ie not having a value assigned to them. If you use a Signal in a condition and that signal hasn't already been set, it will contain 'null'. 'Value' just means that it has been set with something, could be anything. So, Signals contain either no value, or a value and that value can be 0, 1, 2, 3 etc
ShaunWhite

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:48 pm
jaketarn wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Thanx
Signals are initialised as being set to 'null' ie not having a value assigned to them. The same is true if you 'Clear' a signal. If you use a Signal in a condition and that signal hasn't already been set, it will contain 'null'. 'Value' just means that it has been set with something, could be anything. So, Signals contain either no value, or a value and that value can be 0, 1, 2, 3 etc
jaketarn

Aaah right I was thinking it was another way of using tick size. Thanks for clearing that up Shaun.

So if I wanted to use signals multiple times I could use the same value number If I wished?
jaketarn

Hi there's something else I don't understand...why in the examples on the OP does Dallas use For "the market" and not "selection"?

Thanks
jaketarn

Morning...can anyone answer te above please?
Dallas

jaketarn wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 3:25 pm
Hi there's something else I don't understand...why in the examples on the OP does Dallas use For "the market" and not "selection"?

Thanks
It depends what it is your doing, in the example i was laying the field so was setting a signal on the 'market' to trigger that.
You can often use either to do the same job, but in certain situations you might have to use a certain one - hence having both gives you that extra control
jaketarn

Thanks Dallas but on your third example where you're backing the fav and still use "The Market" and not "The Selection" was a little confusing. In this situation because you're laying the field shouldn't the fav be named as "The Selection"?
Thanks
Dallas

jaketarn wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 10:31 am
Thanks Dallas but on your third example where you're backing the fav and still use "The Market" and not "The Selection" was a little confusing. In this situation because you're laying the field shouldn't the fav be named as "The Selection"?
Thanks
I used a combination of both, i used signal on 'selections' to track the bets on individual runner then when once of them reached the desired amount of bets i was looking for used a signal on the 'market' to prevent any further bets.
Dallas

The opening post of this thread has links to all the example files that use signals
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43&t=11238

If you look through some of them you'll see the type of situations its appropriate to use 'market' or 'selection' when setting a signal
jaketarn

Aahh so you have...I missed that. Thanks and thanks for the link.

Just one more thing. I'm not quite getting the "Number of unmatched bets". Is this condition used for each particular selection or does it prevent further bets on say two selections. For example if I'm backing or laying first on two selections in any market, can I use this condition on both selections or will it conflict?

You have the choice of specifying if you want to check if the unmatched bets are on a selection or the market as a whole, if using selection it only looks at the one the rule is running on
jaketarn

Morning all

Just wondering when using signals why it's necessary to trigger the set/modify a signal only & clear all signals for the market and selections from say 100 to 1000 times when your only have a few rules to trigger just once?

Thanks ;)
Dallas

You only need set them to trigger the amount of times you may need them to, no different from any other rule type.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”