Step-By-Step Examples How to Set Automation Signals

Share your automation file with other users.
cavoir

Hi Dallas.

Do you one example automatisation signals for horse racing?Or other..

In .baf.

Thanck you.
Dallas

cavoir wrote:Hi Dallas.

Do you one example automatisation signals for horse racing?Or other..

In .baf.

Thanck you.
The earlier posts in this thread have some examples for users to downlaod to help them understand the basics and how to set up automation files using signals, then there is several autoamtion files especially made using signals in the shared files library - links to them all can be found in the opening post of this thread
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11238
cavoir

Thanck you dallas.

Good library boot .
cavoir

Hi dallas.

May be we can play with the balance bankeroll and the signal.
Place back bet after 2 green all>...£ or balance value now > balance value start run.

It possible?
Dallas

cavoir wrote:Hi dallas.

May be we can play with the balance bankeroll and the signal.
Place back bet after 2 green all>...£ or balance value now > balance value start run.

It possible?
Even with signals its still not possible for the automation to use your balance as a daily profit or loss for the reasons outlined here
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12009
edulour

Hi Dallas:

Thank you for your attention.

I find it incredible that such sophisticated software need to create a complex network of automatic signals to launch a lay in-play odd 1.60, offset and green, and the software, do not bet, first back, amazing!

I lost money because of that failure. Whenever I wanted to launch lay-back, it was betting Back-Lay.

I would like to automate the following strategy:
In-play.
Lay 1st + 2nd + 3rd Fav. @ 1.70.
Offset 20 ticks + green.
Match first lay, cancell all bets.
1ºfav> 2.10

Can you do without automation?

Thanks in advance

Eduardo
Dallas

You cant do it without automation unless your going to sit and manullay cancel the other lay bets once the 1st is matched.

There is many ways to do it with automation but the simplest is probebly this way

General
Place lay bet
Applied to "By poisition (sorted in order of favourtism) 1
Allow rule to trigger 1 time
Arm 00:00:01 after event goes in play
till 00:10:00 after event goes in-play

Parmeters
Fixed odds 1.70 (or what ever odds you want to use)
Set your stake
Action "Offset Bet with Greening"
Offset ticks 20
Place fill or kill bets "ticked" 120secs
Offset Batches 1

Conditions
"Fixed odds cond"
Current "By poisition (sorted in order of favourtism) 1
Selections "Last traded price"
Is "Less" than "1.70" (or what ever odds you want to us)
Playbyte

I have put this into an automation rule and tested it in practice mode.

It has returned a profit on all races today except 1 and for such a simple bot, it could be a truly wonderful way to increase your bank by setting it in the morning and leaving it to run all day while you are away.

So, what are the pitfalls and would it be possible to make it fire more than once just by changing trigger number?

If it fired more than once would you expect to increase the return or not?

Playbyte
Dallas

Not sure if your asking me this question but ive never tried the rule just typed out how to set it up for the previous poster so cant comment on its expected return, but yes increasing the number of triggers is all thats needed for it to fire more than once.

If you wanted to fire more than once but only on different selections include the condition
Number of Matched bets condition
on selection
is equal to 0
Playbyte

Despite my earlier enthusiasm for running this and seeing some good results, I am now in a position to paste the full days result.

There were 5 races that ended in losing the liability and the remainder won at £1.05, total for the day Loss of £3.71.

Work to be done methinks but at least it has helped me understand a bit more, thanks.

Playbyte
emargrie

Hi Dallas

New to this forum and its helping me learn the in and outs of the automation side of things.

I'm currently trying to write a fairly in depth automation, to which signals will most definitely be needed.

One question on the 2nd example you gave;
The Log file clearly chows the it doesn't trigger until it finally counts 5.
The only place i can see that value 5 in the rules is under the lay rule - wait 5 seconds before rearming. Is this where it is triggered or am i missing something?

I'm also not fully understanding how a signal value can relate to any value, i.e 5 seconds, 5.0 odds or 5 bets... or again am i missing the whole logic here.

sorry if you've explained this in enought detail previously.

Thanks in advance
Dallas

In the 2nd example yes the lay rule triggers when it sees a signal name with a value of 5

By triggering the signal every second and increasing its increment each time it triggers is possible to use them as a times.

So in this example every second the 2nd fav is below 3 the signal value increases as it triggers, if this particular trigger was set to trigger every 10 secs then it would take 50secs for its value to reach 5 and the lays to be triggerd.
Jelleyboy

Hi all,

I'm working on creating a rule that places a bet on an over-under market, let's say over 1.5 goals for instance, stays in the market for 10 ticks, then cashes out, resets and begins again, with the aim of reducing time in the market, but hopefully keeping me in at the all important time when that bet wins, thus hopefully eventually leading to a small profit.

The part that i'm struggling with is how to measure the 10 ticks. The odds of such a market on different games will move at different speeds and so i'm reluctant to use Historic Relative Odds condition. I was looking at signals, hoping that I could set a signal that increments once ten ticks has passed, but I can't think of a way to measure tick movement separate of the time that has gone by.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dallas

Jelleyboy wrote:Hi all,

I'm working on creating a rule that places a bet on an over-under market, let's say over 1.5 goals for instance, stays in the market for 10 ticks, then cashes out, resets and begins again, with the aim of reducing time in the market, but hopefully keeping me in at the all important time when that bet wins, thus hopefully eventually leading to a small profit.

The part that i'm struggling with is how to measure the 10 ticks.
This can be done just by using the offset option on the parameters tab (also tick fill/kill just below it) to ensure the closing bet is only placed once the opening bet has been matched

Explained further in this thread, same principal applies to automation
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12597
Jelleyboy

Well now I feel silly! Thanks for the quick response though.

EDIT: Might make myself feel more silly, but I don't think this will work actually - I've tried the offset on a couple of games in practice mode and found it places them in the wrong direction.

Let me put up a more thorough example of what I want to do;

- Back bet on over 0.5 goals is triggered at 1.5 and £10 is placed at best available odds.
- Wait until 10 ticks have passed, and the back odds are at 1.6/
- 'Green' up, making a small loss if no goal is scored (or if a goal is scored, i'm £5 in profit)
- Repeat the process if the market is still open, placing at best available odds.

Again, i'm looking back to Signals to see if I can chart those 10 ticks, and my only idea thus far is to check the Historic Relative Odds one second ago to see if the odds have increased by 1 tick, and increment a signal if they have. Then, I can trigger the greening when the increment of the signal is above 9.

My reluctance to use this is that the odd may drop by a tick, rise again, drop, rise, etc. and count as movement towards the ten-tick target, when it isn't.

Any thoughts?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”