How to Link Markets Using Shared Stored Values - Step by Step

Share your automation file with other users.
Dallas

One of the most useful features and advantage of using a ‘Stored Value’ in your rule is the ability to then share it with other markets in the same event.

For example, you could have automation running on the Liverpool Vs Southampton match, now you can store a value from one market of the fixture (event) let’s say you have automation running on the O/U 2.5 then use that stored value as a condition to trigger bets into another market ie, the Correct Score market.

This also opens up the opportunity to pick us some arbs across various markets, although Betfair has more or less put an end to the majority of them with their X-market X-matching algorithm you may still find something on some fixture and ‘Stored Values’ will at least allow you to look for them.

To begin with, I’m going to show how to test the odds in one market to trigger a bet into another, so for this example, I want to Lay the Draw but only if the odds in the O/U2.5 market are greater than 2.20 for the Overs.

First, I’m going to create a new automation to store and share the value of the current price, this can then be applied to the market I want to store the price from, in this case, the O/U 2.5 market.

In the image below, I have selected the rule type ‘Set/Modify a Stored Value Only’ and armed it to trigger just once at a minute before KO on the selection in Betfair Row 2.

SV of O2.5 General.JPG

Then if I go to the ‘Stored Value’ tab I can select the action I want and enter the details, in this example I want to ‘Store a Value’ and I have given it the unique name ‘price’ (this can be any name of your choice but I’d recommend choosing something along the lines of the task it is performing so it’s easier to track later in the log if needed).

The next option is what to store the value for, here I have chosen ‘Event’ meaning that it can be used on another market within the same event, you’ll notice that ‘shared’ also gets ticked automatically when ‘event’ is selected.

SV of O2.5.JPG

That’s the file complete, it is now ready to be applied to Over/Under 2.5 markets or ANY market/selection you wish to store the value of the back odds for.

Next, I’m going to take the existing Lay the Draw automation file available from the shared files library and simply add a condition so that it will now look for and test the value set by the automation rule created above.
You can download this from the following thread; viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11309

To do this all I need to is go to the conditions tab of the ‘Lay Bet’ rule and add a ‘Stored Value Condition’ then enter what it is I’m looking for, in this case I’m looking for a stored value named ‘price’ for the ‘Event’. Below that, I can input what it Is I require from it, In the image below you can see that I have specified that it must be greater than an enter amount, which I’ve put 2.10

SV Lay the Draw.JPG

In other words, a condition of this ‘Lay the Draw’ rule triggering now is that the odds of the over 2.5 goals are more than 2.20, if not this lay rule cannot trigger.

The final thing to do is add the markets to Guardian and apply the 2 automation files to the required markets, as shown in the image below

Guardian.JPG

If you wish to download these files ready-made you can do so from the following link, but I would recomend only doing so if you get really stuck.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16232
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

If you’re into horse racing you might want to look at triggering bets from a win market into the place market or vice versa.

This time I'm going to expand a little further on the first example above and show how you can also add some conditions before storing a value and sharing it, which will allow you to trigger bets in one market based on something that has happened in another.

In this example, it will be looking for runners in a horse racing win market to shorten, those that do will have bets triggered on them in the place market.

What the Rules Will Do

At 20 seconds before the official start time an automation file applied to the win market will check the first six selections and any that have shortened in price by 10 or more ticks during the last 280secs (4mins 40secs) it will ‘Store a Value’ for them with a unique name - this automation file has now done its job.

At 7 seconds before the official start time another automation file which is applied to the place market will look for any selections who have a ‘Stored Value’ matching that unique name, any that do will have bets placed on them.

Creating the Rules

I have called the first ‘Signal Win Mkt Movers’, this will be applied to all the win markets. The second is called ‘Back Win Market Movers in Place Mkt’ and this one will be applied to all the days horse racing place markets.

For the Win Mkt automation file, I have started by creating a rule to ‘Set/Modify a Stored Value Only’ I have named this rule ‘SV odds 1’ and instructed it to trigger just one time on the selection in Betfair Row 1 at 20 seconds before start time.

1.JPG

Next, on the condition tab, I have added a ‘Historical Relative Odds Condition’ to test if the LTP of the horse in Betfair Row 1 was greater 280secs ago than now plus 10 ticks.

2.JPG

The last step is to add a ‘Stored Value’, so moving onto the stored value tab the first thing I;ve done is chosen the action ‘Store a Value’ and given it a unique name which I called ‘mover1’ (I always like to name any signals or stored values etc something along the line of their task so its easy to reference them later in the log as you’ll see).

Because were wanting to use this stored value on another market we need to set it for ‘The Event’

I’m not requiring any particular odds, vol etc to be stored for this rule so I can just select the option ‘an enter amount’ were I can put my own unique value. I have input ‘1’ this could have been any number, but it might a well be 1 as the rule relates to the selection in row 1.

At the bottom of that windown I have ticked the option "Note value assignments in the markets log" I would recomend always doing this when first setting up a Stored Value or Signal as it will make it easier to troubleshoot any possible problems at a later time

3.JPG

That’s the first part done, however that is only looking at the one horse that’s in row 1, if you want to add more instead of rewriting the whole rule out if I click on and highlight this rule name then click the icon of two green arrows that will duplicate the whole rule, all I need do then is change the ‘Applied to Betfair Row 2’ then on the stored values tab I have renamed the stored value for this one to ‘mover2’. Then you can keep repeating that until you have covered all the rows you want, below I have added 6 rules and applied them to the first 6 selections, the automation file it can then be named and saved by clicking the Disc icon at the top of the window.

4.JPG

For the Place Mkt automation file the process is very similar, this time I have started with a ‘Place Back Bet’ rule type and instructed it to trigger just one time on the selection in Betfair Row 1, It is set to trigger 7 seconds before start time (this is to ensure the stored values from the win market have already been set).

5.JPG

On the parameters tab, I have just set my stake as £10 and will place it at the best market price (you can, of course, add some offsetting etc here, but I’ve left it just a straight £10 for demonstration purposes).

Next is the conditions tab, the only condition we are looking for is that a ‘Stored value’ is present. After selecting the ‘Stored Value Condition’ I can fill in the details of which stored value the rule should look for (basically all the details that I input earlier on the stored values tab of the place market rule - which is a stored value named ‘mover1’ for the Event, with an amount of 1)

6.JPG

And that’s the first rule done, all you need do now is repeat the duplicating process as before and create further rules for each selection, remembering to change the ‘Applies to’ Betfair row 2 on the General tab and then the stored value name on the conditions tab to the one your looking for, in this next case its ‘mover2’ and so on.

7.JPG

After the rule is saved you're ready to apply the files to the days win and place markets. In the next image, you will see I have applied them to the next two races at Fontwell, and they have already triggered on the 14:35 race.

In the background on the left is the log tab from the main trading screen showing the 14:35 win market, on the right I have the log showing from the 14:35 place market.

You can see that at 14:34 the win market rule triggered and stored values on 2 selections which they were written to the log (we know now it was the selections in Betfair rows 3 and 5 that shortened).

If you look across at the place market log you can see the two £10 back bets were placed 7 seconds before the off on the runners in Betfair rows 3 and 5.

8.JPG

As with the first example I would recommend having a go a copying this yourself even if you make the odd change along the way, but if you do still get stuck you can download both the rules below, where you can open them up and see all parts for each individual rule.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
timevoyager

Thank you, Dallas, this is VERY helpfull to me, and no doubt to lots of others too.
Simonlofc

Amazing Thanks
Dallas

Thanks, if they help get you started then they will of done there job.
dt888

Blimey Dallas, ridiculous amounts of help as always

Many thanks

(Surely you are part of the Bet Angel team, if not you should be!)
Miro

Hi Folks.
I am more than interested in using these two "servants", however, after downloading both parts I am stuck on how to display the same two matches within the selection boxes, one underneath the other as in the example above.

If anyone can assist me I would really appreciate it, as four hours of reading and trying has alas left me somewhat frustrated. with trying. I am sure the answer is simple, probably far to simple for me to see ;-)

I also have to thank Dallas and all those who share/post their hard work for us all to use. Thank you.

Miro
warren0

Can you set an automation bot to store the value for one market to trigger a second, whilst also setting additional rules on the first bot to trade that first market.

So in effect the first market is both being traded and sending out stored value information?

Thanks.
Dallas

warren0 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:46 pm
Can you set an automation bot to store the value for one market to trigger a second, whilst also setting additional rules on the first bot to trade that first market.

So in effect the first market is both being traded and sending out stored value information?

Thanks.
Yes, you'd just add the rules to the file as normal
warren0

Great, thanks Dallas.

One more query is to do with setting the Stored Value's 'Entered Amount' as the trigger.

It gives the option to set "Greater Than", "Less Than" and "Equal to". I wondered whether it was possible to set the conditions to, for example, Less than AND Equal to a certain value. I was just trying to think of a way to do it whereby one didn't cancel out the other.

Thanks in advance.
Dallas

warren0 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:34 pm
Great, thanks Dallas.

One more query is to do with setting the Stored Value's 'Entered Amount' as the trigger.

It gives the option to set "Greater Than", "Less Than" and "Equal to". I wondered whether it was possible to set the conditions to, for example, Less than AND Equal to a certain value. I was just trying to think of a way to do it whereby one didn't cancel out the other.

Thanks in advance.
If your using the latest version V1.54.1 those options exsist
warren0

Perfect, looks like I'm due an update!

Thanks again
A4r0n

Hi Dallas,

If you wanted this to check all runners in the win market and set the stored value ready to action in the place market for the selections that qualify can you use the any or every selection instead of assigning to row id and copying the rule multiple times? Or would this not work because we are storing the value for the event meaning the place bet rule in the place market would fire for all runners once it sees the store value?

Many Thanks
felixfgilhuys

Hi Dallas,
Firstly thanks for all your help, its very useful.

I have managed to link win and place markets using stored values, but I am unable to replicate it when I change the rules to trigger inplay, I am trying to back a horse in the place market once it passes through a specific set of odds in the win market in running

thanks
Dallas

felixfgilhuys wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:49 pm
Hi Dallas,
Firstly thanks for all your help, its very useful.

I have managed to link win and place markets using stored values, but I am unable to replicate it when I change the rules to trigger inplay, I am trying to back a horse in the place market once it passes through a specific set of odds in the win market in running

thanks
Glad you're finding them useful

If you haven't already seen it this example may help
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17026

From memory and without checking i'm sure that by the time of the off the win and place market runners are in sync by their Betfair row numbers, if so and the example above doesn't help then you would need to look at applying a rule to each Betfair row number (in both markets), then set a Stored value on the event in the win market rules and add stored value conditions to the place market rules to test for that

ie, the first rule in the win market would look like

Set/Modify a Stored Value
applied to Betfair row 1

Conditions
Fixed odds condition to test the price is less than

Stored Values
Store a Value with an entered amount 1

ie, the first rule in the place market would look like

Place a back bet
applied to Betfair row 1

Conditions
Stored Value condition