How to Link Markets Using Shared Stored Values - Step by Step

Share your automation file with other users.
Dallas

warren0 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:34 pm
Great, thanks Dallas.

One more query is to do with setting the Stored Value's 'Entered Amount' as the trigger.

It gives the option to set "Greater Than", "Less Than" and "Equal to". I wondered whether it was possible to set the conditions to, for example, Less than AND Equal to a certain value. I was just trying to think of a way to do it whereby one didn't cancel out the other.

Thanks in advance.
If your using the latest version V1.54.1 those options exsist
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warren0

Perfect, looks like I'm due an update!

Thanks again
A4r0n

Hi Dallas,

If you wanted this to check all runners in the win market and set the stored value ready to action in the place market for the selections that qualify can you use the any or every selection instead of assigning to row id and copying the rule multiple times? Or would this not work because we are storing the value for the event meaning the place bet rule in the place market would fire for all runners once it sees the store value?

Many Thanks
felixfgilhuys

Hi Dallas,
Firstly thanks for all your help, its very useful.

I have managed to link win and place markets using stored values, but I am unable to replicate it when I change the rules to trigger inplay, I am trying to back a horse in the place market once it passes through a specific set of odds in the win market in running

thanks
Dallas

felixfgilhuys wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:49 pm
Hi Dallas,
Firstly thanks for all your help, its very useful.

I have managed to link win and place markets using stored values, but I am unable to replicate it when I change the rules to trigger inplay, I am trying to back a horse in the place market once it passes through a specific set of odds in the win market in running

thanks
Glad you're finding them useful

If you haven't already seen it this example may help
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17026

From memory and without checking i'm sure that by the time of the off the win and place market runners are in sync by their Betfair row numbers, if so and the example above doesn't help then you would need to look at applying a rule to each Betfair row number (in both markets), then set a Stored value on the event in the win market rules and add stored value conditions to the place market rules to test for that

ie, the first rule in the win market would look like

Set/Modify a Stored Value
applied to Betfair row 1

Conditions
Fixed odds condition to test the price is less than

Stored Values
Store a Value with an entered amount 1

ie, the first rule in the place market would look like

Place a back bet
applied to Betfair row 1

Conditions
Stored Value condition
named (whatever you called it) is set with a value of 1

For the second rule

Set/Modify a Stored Value
applied to Betfair row 2

Conditions
Fixed odds condition to test the price is less than

Stored Values
Store a Value with an entered amount 2

ie, the first rule in the place market would look like

Place a back bet
applied to Betfair row 2

Conditions
Stored Value condition
named (whatever you called it) is set with a value of 2

and so on
generation

Hi.

Sorry for beeing a little slow, maybe its because my main language is not English.
I have tried this, but can`t make it work.
What I am trying to do, is to place a bet in the place market if the odds are what I want in the win market.
Can anyone help with that?

Thanks
Dallas

generation wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:48 pm
Hi.

Sorry for beeing a little slow, maybe its because my main language is not English.
I have tried this, but can`t make it work.
What I am trying to do, is to place a bet in the place market if the odds are what I want in the win market.
Can anyone help with that?

Thanks
What part did you get up to?

Alternatively you could download either of these files which will both do what you've asked for
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16232
generation

I have seen those links, and I understand a part of it. But I just dont understand what settings i need to make for doing the only thing I want: to place a bet in the place market on a horse that has the given odds in-play in the win market.
Again, I might be a litle slow. ;)
Dallas

generation wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:03 pm
I have seen those links, and I understand a part of it. But I just dont understand what settings i need to make for doing the only thing I want: to place a bet in the place market on a horse that has the given odds in-play in the win market.
Again, I might be a litle slow. ;)
On the example below you'd change the price and set it to 'greater' or 'less' than what you want at the bottom the 'Stored Value' Condition in the rules file named 'Lay the Draw'

You haven't said which runner you want to apply it to ie, are you nominating a runner for each market yourself?

In which case the example below already has that part set up as well, so to edit those files you'd first delete the rule named 'back bet' from the file named 'back nominated selection in place market' - that file can then be applied to your win markets

Then in the file named 'back nominated selection in win market' make the same change to the stored value condition as detailed above - that file can then be applied to your place markets
generation

Hi Dallas.

I still don`t understand.. :o
I guess my problem is that I don`t understand how the store value functions work.
I don`t pick a horse in the win market. I use the first nominated.
When that get under odds 2, I want to place a bet in the place market for that horse.
Dallas

generation wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:36 pm
Hi Dallas.

I still don`t understand.. :o
I guess my problem is that I don`t understand how the store value functions work.
I don`t pick a horse in the win market. I use the first nominated.
When that get under odds 2, I want to place a bet in the place market for that horse.
Stored Values and all their options are explained on the following page of the user guide, and one of the things they can be used for is passing information from one market to another
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/stored_values.html

So now you've said its the first below 2.0 in the win market which you want to back in the place market that makes it much easier to explain the edits required
Either of those two examples still do what you've asked for so doesn't matter which you use

So you might as well start with this one and make the following edits

Store Value O2.5 odds Rule

General tab
Apply to selection 'by order of Favouritism 1'

Conditions Tab
Fixed Odds Condition
Selections back price is less than 2.0

Stored Value Tab
With 'a Selections ID on Betfair'

Lay the Draw Rule
General Tab
Apply to Selection 'ANY'

Conditions Tab
Stored Value Condition
a Selections id on Betfair
is Equal to
a Stored Value named 'price'

Thats it, it's just those 5 edits which are needed, everything else is set up and any other rule/s etc in the files can be deleted
generation

Tanks for your patience Dallas.
I found out that I had an old version of Bet Angel and upgraded it.
Than I found some of the thing that was missing.
I have done the changes, but it does not work. I would be thankful if you want to check my files, and see what I am doing wrong.

I set the Win odds W_P file on the win market, and the Place bet W_P at the place market.
The conditions were met, but no bets were placed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spherelance

Hi Dallas,

Was trying to work out how to use the win market of greyhounds to store the name of the 6th favourite and then use that name as the selection to place a bet in the place market.

Still a pretty green novice with automation and confusing myself on the bit for the place market.

Any pointers before my remaining brain cells pack up and leave?
Dallas

spherelance wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:28 pm
Hi Dallas,

Was trying to work out how to use the win market of greyhounds to store the name of the 6th favourite and then use that name as the selection to place a bet in the place market.

Still a pretty green novice with automation and confusing myself on the bit for the place market.

Any pointers before my remaining brain cells pack up and leave?
Here you go
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=26361
MrNifty

Just trying to get my head around how the logic works in Guardian and have some questions.
First up, if I want back Over 2.5 Goals IF the Home, Away, Draw, O1.5 Goals & O2.5 Goals are at certain odds do I have to set up a SV for each market add the lines for each market and then apply the rules or is there a better way?

What is the reason that you cant select an event and apply a set of self contained rules which would alleviate having multiple lines and rules in Guardian? For example, I select certain games/events in Serie A and apply my selected strategy which backs the home win if the draw price is X and Over 1.5 Goals is Y for example?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”