How to Link Markets Using Shared Stored Values - Step by Step

Share your automation file with other users.
generation

Hi.

Sorry for beeing a little slow, maybe its because my main language is not English.
I have tried this, but can`t make it work.
What I am trying to do, is to place a bet in the place market if the odds are what I want in the win market.
Can anyone help with that?

Thanks
Dallas

generation wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:48 pm
Hi.

Sorry for beeing a little slow, maybe its because my main language is not English.
I have tried this, but can`t make it work.
What I am trying to do, is to place a bet in the place market if the odds are what I want in the win market.
Can anyone help with that?

Thanks
What part did you get up to?

Alternatively you could download either of these files which will both do what you've asked for
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16232
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17026
generation

I have seen those links, and I understand a part of it. But I just dont understand what settings i need to make for doing the only thing I want: to place a bet in the place market on a horse that has the given odds in-play in the win market.
Again, I might be a litle slow. ;)
Dallas

generation wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:03 pm
I have seen those links, and I understand a part of it. But I just dont understand what settings i need to make for doing the only thing I want: to place a bet in the place market on a horse that has the given odds in-play in the win market.
Again, I might be a litle slow. ;)
On the example below you'd change the price and set it to 'greater' or 'less' than what you want at the bottom the 'Stored Value' Condition in the rules file named 'Lay the Draw'

You haven't said which runner you want to apply it to ie, are you nominating a runner for each market yourself?

In which case the example below already has that part set up as well, so to edit those files you'd first delete the rule named 'back bet' from the file named 'back nominated selection in place market' - that file can then be applied to your win markets

Then in the file named 'back nominated selection in win market' make the same change to the stored value condition as detailed above - that file can then be applied to your place markets
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=17026
generation

Hi Dallas.

I still don`t understand.. :o
I guess my problem is that I don`t understand how the store value functions work.
I don`t pick a horse in the win market. I use the first nominated.
When that get under odds 2, I want to place a bet in the place market for that horse.
Dallas

generation wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:36 pm
Hi Dallas.

I still don`t understand.. :o
I guess my problem is that I don`t understand how the store value functions work.
I don`t pick a horse in the win market. I use the first nominated.
When that get under odds 2, I want to place a bet in the place market for that horse.
Stored Values and all their options are explained on the following page of the user guide, and one of the things they can be used for is passing information from one market to another
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/stored_values.html

So now you've said its the first below 2.0 in the win market which you want to back in the place market that makes it much easier to explain the edits required
Either of those two examples still do what you've asked for so doesn't matter which you use

So you might as well start with this one and make the following edits

Store Value O2.5 odds Rule

General tab
Apply to selection 'by order of Favouritism 1'

Conditions Tab
Fixed Odds Condition
Selections back price is less than 2.0

Stored Value Tab
With 'a Selections ID on Betfair'

Lay the Draw Rule
General Tab
Apply to Selection 'ANY'

Conditions Tab
Stored Value Condition
a Selections id on Betfair
is Equal to
a Stored Value named 'price'

Thats it, it's just those 5 edits which are needed, everything else is set up and any other rule/s etc in the files can be deleted
generation

Tanks for your patience Dallas.
I found out that I had an old version of Bet Angel and upgraded it.
Than I found some of the thing that was missing.
I have done the changes, but it does not work. I would be thankful if you want to check my files, and see what I am doing wrong.

I set the Win odds W_P file on the win market, and the Place bet W_P at the place market.
The conditions were met, but no bets were placed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spherelance

Hi Dallas,

Was trying to work out how to use the win market of greyhounds to store the name of the 6th favourite and then use that name as the selection to place a bet in the place market.

Still a pretty green novice with automation and confusing myself on the bit for the place market.

Any pointers before my remaining brain cells pack up and leave?
Dallas

spherelance wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:28 pm
Hi Dallas,

Was trying to work out how to use the win market of greyhounds to store the name of the 6th favourite and then use that name as the selection to place a bet in the place market.

Still a pretty green novice with automation and confusing myself on the bit for the place market.

Any pointers before my remaining brain cells pack up and leave?
Here you go
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=26361
MrNifty

Just trying to get my head around how the logic works in Guardian and have some questions.
First up, if I want back Over 2.5 Goals IF the Home, Away, Draw, O1.5 Goals & O2.5 Goals are at certain odds do I have to set up a SV for each market add the lines for each market and then apply the rules or is there a better way?

What is the reason that you cant select an event and apply a set of self contained rules which would alleviate having multiple lines and rules in Guardian? For example, I select certain games/events in Serie A and apply my selected strategy which backs the home win if the draw price is X and Over 1.5 Goals is Y for example?
Dallas

MrNifty wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:13 pm
Just trying to get my head around how the logic works in Guardian and have some questions.
First up, if I want back Over 2.5 Goals IF the Home, Away, Draw, O1.5 Goals & O2.5 Goals are at certain odds do I have to set up a SV for each market add the lines for each market and then apply the rules or is there a better way?

What is the reason that you cant select an event and apply a set of self contained rules which would alleviate having multiple lines and rules in Guardian? For example, I select certain games/events in Serie A and apply my selected strategy which backs the home win if the draw price is X and Over 1.5 Goals is Y for example?
You'd need a rules file applied to the MO market to store the prices of home, away, draw on the event
A rules file applied to the O/U 1.5 market to store whatever it is you want from that market on the event

You'd then add a stored value condition your back bet rule and use a fixed odds condition to test its price
and four stored value conditions to test for each stored value you have

Because the same row numbers are used in each market and each market will have a different order of favouritism etc
ie you create a rule to place a back bet on row 1 in the event, it would trigger that bet on the home team in the MO market, 0-0 in the CS market, all the unders in the O/U goals markets, Yes, in the BTTS market etc etc
MrNifty

Thanks Dallas.
I would have thought each market would have its own unique reference so MO would be A then 1,2,3 within and then CS Market would be B and numbered within etc.
Just curious as in my mind it could be simplified but I guess you are beholden to how Betfair manage the info/data.

I'll run some test rules on games this evening & hopefully nail it.

Appreciate the help Dallas. :)
Dallas

MrNifty wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:36 pm
Thanks Dallas.
I would have thought each market would have its own unique reference so MO would be A then 1,2,3 within and then CS Market would be B and numbered within etc.
Just curious as in my mind it could be simplified but I guess you are beholden to how Betfair manage the info/data.

I'll run some test rules on games this evening & hopefully nail it.

Appreciate the help Dallas. :)
Each market and every selection in it does have it's own Betfair ID's (up to nine characters each which look like 1.6548436) but to use them would mean first looking up them all up for a match
ie, look up the market id of the Liverpool V Man City MO market, the selection ID of the the home team in that market, the selection ID of the away team in that market, the selection ID of the draw in that market
Then the market id of the CS market for Liverpool V Man City, the selection ID of 0-0, the selection id of 0-1 and so on

Then create a rules file to trigger on and check/test conditions against those specfic ID's
and then do that and create a new rules file selecting all the new IDs for every match you want to run automation on each day

Much easier to create one rules file, and then apply it to a specfic market type in every match whenever you want to use it :)
MartinJWilliams

Is there a way of getting this rule to work with the 'any' selection rather than row specific selections?
I've implemented it without any problems using row specific selections in the win markets but I can't seem to get it to work when the selections in the win market are based on the 'any' row selection.
Thanks.
Dallas

MartinJWilliams wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:29 pm
Is there a way of getting this rule to work with the 'any' selection rather than row specific selections?
I've implemented it without any problems using row specific selections in the win markets but I can't seem to get it to work when the selections in the win market are based on the 'any' row selection.
Thanks.
What exactly is it you are wanting to do?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”