Greyhound Bot - Improvements

Share your automation file with other users.
Shaung89

GreyhoundDriftLay_Automation.baf
Hi all,

Taking Xmas Eve to play around with a few things. I've used an old template and modified it slightly to try and achieve the below.

Automation
- Create stored value for all dogs prices + 3 ticks at 2 minutes pre-off (set 2.00 to 1.30 pre-off)
- Between 1.30 and 1 minute send a signal if the stored value price + 3 ticks is breached (i.e. the dog has drifted)
- Lay the selection(s) when the signal is received
- Green all pre off

Questions:
1. My stored values have a 30 second window (2 minutes to 1:30 pre-off). How do price changes impact the value which is stored. i.e. if at 2 minutes pre-off the price is 6.0 but 1.30 pre-ff the price is 5.0, which value is stored for later signalling? Do i need a 30 second window?
2. The stored value is set to store the price of the Back Book % of the selection PLUS 3 ticks (i.e. a drifter) - is PLUS correct or should it be MINUS? I..e I want a 5.0 selection to flag a signal when back price is 5.3 - not 4.7
3. Rather than just lay at the current available lay price, how would I set the parameters to be the best lay price available (i.e. fill the gap OR take the price waiting in the queue). Effectively if the selection is 6.2/7.2 I want to be 6.4 and will set this to arm a couple of times, if the selection is 6.2/6.4 im happy to take 6.4

Cheers all - merry xmas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

Shaung89 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:54 am
GreyhoundDriftLay_Automation.baf

Questions:
1. My stored values have a 30 second window (2 minutes to 1:30 pre-off). How do price changes impact the value which is stored. i.e. if at 2 minutes pre-off the price is 6.0 but 1.30 pre-ff the price is 5.0, which value is stored for later signalling? Do i need a 30 second window?
2. The stored value is set to store the price of the Back Book % of the selection PLUS 3 ticks (i.e. a drifter) - is PLUS correct or should it be MINUS? I..e I want a 5.0 selection to flag a signal when back price is 5.3 - not 4.7
3. Rather than just lay at the current available lay price, how would I set the parameters to be the best lay price available (i.e. fill the gap OR take the price waiting in the queue). Effectively if the selection is 6.2/7.2 I want to be 6.4 and will set this to arm a couple of times, if the selection is 6.2/6.4 im happy to take 6.4

Cheers all - merry xmas
1. Once you've stored a value it stays stored until either overwritten or cleared - so if it fires once and stores "5.0" - then its always "5.0"
2. Be careful not to confuse Book% for price - if you store the Book % of a runner at odds 5.0 then the stored value will be '20'. You can store a price and add or subtract ticks but if you store a book% and want to adjust it in someway then you need numbers not ticks. Note also that the shorter a price the higher the book% eg 5.0 = 20% 4.0 = 25% - so if you are hunting for a bigger price using book % you will need to be looking for a lower book%
3. The best price is the best available. You can try filling gaps - or best reverse plus1 if you think there will be gaps so close to the off. But think about what you're doing if you are going to the trouble of identifying a runner to lay that is drifting, presumably so you can benefit from a continued drift - are you really hoping that you can lay them at a lower price than it is now?
Shaung89

All understood - thanks Jukebox. I'll continue to have a play and see where I get too.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”