Help with scalping

Share your automation file with other users.
sianjayjay

Hi,

I am brand new and trying the software in practice mode.

I am following the guide from the Bet Angel Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx2PpgnUWYA&t=694s

Everything is exactly the same. Every time I run this, I always end up with a loss. I noticed that this was created many years ago. Is this still valid and works?

The only thing I think it could be is the races I can choosing. The only ones available at the time of writing are USA races which are only trading about 10k.

I will try this tomorrow on UK races during the day, but does this still work? Do I have to be selective of the races I run this on?

Thank you.
Dallas

There's many threads on here which discuss scalping if you do a quick search for them there's a ton of information, but some brief bullet points for you

Its far harder to scalp than it used to be
You need to be very selective in your race types and even the timing when you attempt the scalp
Certainly don't try it on US markets (especially the conventional way which will have been shown in the video)

This blog series will also give you some further pointer
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... explained/
Kai

sianjayjay wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:01 am
Is this still valid and works?
I'll echo what Dallas said, search Bet Angel Youtube for more recent scalping videos, I remember several.

But goes without saying, it's not enough to just follow a guide and expect easy profit, these are only general guidelines meant to help you find an edge on your own, which everyone has to do.
Emmson

Previously on scalping Dallas gave this advice some years ago

*Dont go race to race trying to scalp everyone the sameway instead be selective and look for the race types and times that best suit this method.
*Avoid all Maidens, Novices 2yo races etc
*Avoid races with short priced fav's
*Look for a competitive h'cap or the better quality races which have the front few in the betting priced similarly (ie 4.0 - 7.0)
*Target runners trading in a tight range and ignore anything thats been trending in a direction (unless directional scalping) or has a betfair chart that looks like a heart rate monitor - or you may end up needing one!.
*Wait till the market is turning over at a decent rate somewhere around a £200 per second average increase, the quicker you can be in and out or in and scratch the better.
*Pay close attension to the previous race going in-play and especially to when it finishes - at these times there will be a influx of money as people start to take poisitions and this can change everything - even runners that have been rock solid all day could move several ticks at this time and never come back so best just holding back around these periods till things settle again.
* Use the Risk Meter on the Bet Angel over view screen this will give a clear indication to the overall activity - the lower the better when scalping.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12429

Does anyone else find old threads as quickly as I do?
:D

Whatever happened to davangel? did he crack it?
Derek27

sianjayjay wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:01 am
Hi,

I am brand new and trying the software in practice mode.

I am following the guide from the Bet Angel Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx2PpgnUWYA&t=694s

Everything is exactly the same. Every time I run this, I always end up with a loss. I noticed that this was created many years ago. Is this still valid and works?

The only thing I think it could be is the races I can choosing. The only ones available at the time of writing are USA races which are only trading about 10k.

I will try this tomorrow on UK races during the day, but does this still work? Do I have to be selective of the races I run this on?

Thank you.
I've traded US racing for years and never once even considered scalping it. Far too weak and volatile. Scalping was once much easier, it's very easy to understand which is probably why it's popular with beginners but I'm not sure it's a very good starting point now as it requires a different skill.
The Silk Run

I like manual scalping the doggies 2 mins out 20MS !!! Absolute NIGHTMARE, but great fun ..
jamesg46

Genuine question, do many traders still scalp pre off & if so how often? I've never been able to scalp pre off so I wouldn't even notice the opportunities passing by.

However, I scalped 2 football match odds markets in the week inplay, Real Madrid game & the Man City game & scalping was very very easy, I was gonna scalp the Leicester game too but my neighbour got me drunk.

I've got Liverpool, Bayern & Madrid on the list for tomorrow.
jamesg46

The Madrid game wasn't as stable as the City game (after the equaliser) but these types of games are perfect for scalping. Directional bias already inserted, bags of cash flowing through & just maybe like happend to me twice a goal will work in your favour.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archery1969

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:40 pm
I like manual scalping the doggies 2 mins out 20MS !!! Absolute NIGHTMARE, but great fun ..
😂
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:12 pm
Genuine question, do many traders still scalp pre off & if so how often? I've never been able to scalp pre off so I wouldn't even notice the opportunities passing by.

However, I scalped 2 football match odds markets in the week inplay, Real Madrid game & the Man City game & scalping was very very easy, I was gonna scalp the Leicester game too but my neighbour got me drunk.

I think the OP was mainly referring to pre-off horse racing. I was scalping the draw in my early football days (which isn't long ago), moved on to U/O 0.5 markets and settled around U/O 2.5. Scalping football is much easier as you know what direction the market's heading, know roughly what your position is if a goal is scored, and on U/O 2.5 markets you can sometimes build up enough green (or reduce stakes slightly) to put yourself in a no-lose position, and happily carry on scalping. :D
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:56 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

I think the OP was mainly referring to pre-off horse racing. I was scalping the draw in my early football days (which isn't long ago), moved on to U/O 0.5 markets and settled around U/O 2.5. Scalping football is much easier as you know what direction the market's heading, know roughly what your position is if a goal is scored, and on U/O 2.5 markets you can sometimes build up enough green (or reduce stakes slightly) to put yourself in a no-lose position, and happily carry on scalping. :D
Yep I know but worst case all I've done is give an extra option, especially as scalping pre off is so hard.

I didn't even intend on scalping them, I was messing about with them pre off and when they went inplay I couldn't believe my luck. I've not really shown much interest in trading the football but from now on I'll be found in the match odds markets of odds on teams that are dominating the game.

I though I'd give it ago using a tenner and by the end of the 2 games I came away with a tenner profit. I'll be slowly starting to ramp this up over the next few weeks and then next season I'll be putting some serious attention in to these markets.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:

Well, any markets with decent fillrate/liquidity can be good for scalping when there's not much else going on. But football preoff is pretty abysmal with the fillrates, needs a lot of patience and you really have to pick your battles.

Inplay markets overall can seem easy from the execution side since they can be quite liquid but the hard part is obviously managing risk.

All probably too advanced for OP at this stage but I always say scalping is a great way to get a foothold into the markets, if you can consistently win a tick at least then that's a start and you can build from there. And you can't consistently win a tick without learning enough about that market.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:09 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

Well, any markets with decent fillrate/liquidity can be good for scalping when there's not much else going on. But football preoff is pretty abysmal with the fillrates, needs a lot of patience and you really have to pick your battles.

Inplay markets overall can seem easy from the execution side since they can be quite liquid but the hard part is obviously managing risk.

All probably too advanced for OP at this stage but I always say scalping is a great way to get a foothold into the markets, if you can consistently win a tick at least then that's a start and you can build from there. And you can't consistently win a tick without learning enough about that market.
In all honesty I can't see how anyone could make a pigs ear of it.. I don't scalp and I don't trade football. The opportunity is there for the willing. I've been around for a few years and seen plenty of markets, not once have I seen a have your cake and as many slices as you like markets more than them.
The Silk Run

It's a progressive skill James, progressive !!!
jamesg46

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:41 pm
It's a progressive skill James, progressive !!!
Obviously not if you can use it on one market but not another.

It's a directional strategy.
Last edited by jamesg46 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”