Help with scalping

Share your automation file with other users.
jamesg46

Serious question. Did I give an edge away :lol:
jamesg46

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:41 pm
It's a progressive skill James, progressive !!!
Tbf I see the depth in context of your comment, it shouldn't be that way though, that's why we have a lot miss leading people in the game.
sianjayjay

Thanks for all the tips guys.
I have a lot to learn. The video seemed a little misleading suggesting it was really easy.

I think I will start to learn to scalp football first as some of you say it is easier to do. I think I've done it a little bit manually before anyway.
Back at X and then lay at X minus number of ticks you want to go for.
Green up.

(I think that's correct anyway)
jamesg46

Scalping pre off is simply not.a good use of anyomes.time. I've given a credible/good alternative. Prove me wrong if you want to comment.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:00 am
Serious question. Did I give an edge away :lol:
Kai

Nah, I really don't :) No offtopic messing about in newbie threads, orders straight from the top etc.

But go for it James if you think it's dead easy and report back :)
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:22 am
Scalping pre off is simply not.a good use of anyomes.time. I've given a credible/good alternative. Prove me wrong if you want to comment.
Try scalping Randwick tonight. That and Rosehill are as easy as it gets. I've heard some people say they trade the way UK markets used to.

Make sure you're familiar with the turnover charge if you do have a go!
jamesg46

sianjayjay wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:21 am
Thanks for all the tips guys.
I have a lot to learn. The video seemed a little misleading suggesting it was really easy.

I think I will start to learn to scalp football first as some of you say it is easier to do. I think I've done it a little bit manually before anyway.
Back at X and then lay at X minus number of ticks you want to go for.
Green up.

(I think that's correct anyway)
If I can be an arse an give you one tip it's to believe what's infromt of your eyes & be open to that changing in any given moment. Most of these guys on here will have you believe that you need some duper super mathematical equation to overcome the markets, nothing could be further from the truth..GL.
jamesg46

Are you guys being followers again?
Kai

sianjayjay wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:21 am
Comes with the industry unfortunately, there's a fresh Bet Angel video that illustrates how you could scalp football : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIkCDHEq4sQ&t=1s

Be careful of inplay markets, not the ideal first market, while in preoff you can only really lose ticks in inplay you can lose whole stakes.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:40 am
Are you guys being followers again?
Huh? We all posted in this thread long before you showed up with a query of your own :)
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:31 am
Most of these guys on here will have you believe that you need some duper super mathematical equation to overcome the markets,
I haven't come across any?
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:08 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Most of these guys on here will have you believe that you need some duper super mathematical equation to overcome the markets,
You can make money without equations but you can make a lot of money with them.
rik

I think the general problem with scalping is that its a lot easier with £2 compared to £200.
You start pushing the price around or not getting fully matched you lose an edge quickly.
In general I agree that markets have become more volatile so less suited to scalping.
Automation for sure the way to go with scalping unless you have a lot of patience.
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:40 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:08 am
jamesg46 wrote:
You can make money without equations but you can make a lot of money with them.

Yep I agree but we're in a scalping thread & the math of +1 tick, -1 tick isn't super duper.

Off the rail a little bit here too but you also don't need math, or a great deal of it to see one team is dominating another, also it doesn't take a great deal of math to see liquidity... unless of course we are analysing or using automation.

Reading the posts on this page (don't know the number) is so off putting, "be careful with this" & "the problem with that is", that negativity is all relative, to personal experience & markets. We've pointed the guy/girl in the direction of some markets that are easy to scalp (imo, or relatively speaking), there is plenty of liquidity where he/she won't struggle or push the market around & the odds are stacked in his/her favour... we could all spend forever putting caution signs in the way of progress but that is the equivalent to wrapping a kid in bubble wrap to save them from getting a cut knee, experience is something gained, not something given... advice is better served with positivity.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”