Help with scalping

Share your automation file with other users.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:56 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:12 pm
Genuine question, do many traders still scalp pre off & if so how often? I've never been able to scalp pre off so I wouldn't even notice the opportunities passing by.

However, I scalped 2 football match odds markets in the week inplay, Real Madrid game & the Man City game & scalping was very very easy, I was gonna scalp the Leicester game too but my neighbour got me drunk.

I've got Liverpool, Bayern & Madrid on the list for tomorrow.
I think the OP was mainly referring to pre-off horse racing. I was scalping the draw in my early football days (which isn't long ago), moved on to U/O 0.5 markets and settled around U/O 2.5. Scalping football is much easier as you know what direction the market's heading, know roughly what your position is if a goal is scored, and on U/O 2.5 markets you can sometimes build up enough green (or reduce stakes slightly) to put yourself in a no-lose position, and happily carry on scalping. :D
Yep I know but worst case all I've done is give an extra option, especially as scalping pre off is so hard.

I didn't even intend on scalping them, I was messing about with them pre off and when they went inplay I couldn't believe my luck. I've not really shown much interest in trading the football but from now on I'll be found in the match odds markets of odds on teams that are dominating the game.

I though I'd give it ago using a tenner and by the end of the 2 games I came away with a tenner profit. I'll be slowly starting to ramp this up over the next few weeks and then next season I'll be putting some serious attention in to these markets.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Genuine question, do many traders still scalp pre off & if so how often? I've never been able to scalp pre off so I wouldn't even notice the opportunities passing by.

However, I scalped 2 football match odds markets in the week inplay, Real Madrid game & the Man City game & scalping was very very easy, I was gonna scalp the Leicester game too but my neighbour got me drunk.
Well, any markets with decent fillrate/liquidity can be good for scalping when there's not much else going on. But football preoff is pretty abysmal with the fillrates, needs a lot of patience and you really have to pick your battles.

Inplay markets overall can seem easy from the execution side since they can be quite liquid but the hard part is obviously managing risk.

All probably too advanced for OP at this stage but I always say scalping is a great way to get a foothold into the markets, if you can consistently win a tick at least then that's a start and you can build from there. And you can't consistently win a tick without learning enough about that market.
jamesg46

Kai wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:09 pm
jamesg46 wrote:

Well, any markets with decent fillrate/liquidity can be good for scalping when there's not much else going on. But football preoff is pretty abysmal with the fillrates, needs a lot of patience and you really have to pick your battles.

Inplay markets overall can seem easy from the execution side since they can be quite liquid but the hard part is obviously managing risk.

All probably too advanced for OP at this stage but I always say scalping is a great way to get a foothold into the markets, if you can consistently win a tick at least then that's a start and you can build from there. And you can't consistently win a tick without learning enough about that market.
In all honesty I can't see how anyone could make a pigs ear of it.. I don't scalp and I don't trade football. The opportunity is there for the willing. I've been around for a few years and seen plenty of markets, not once have I seen a have your cake and as many slices as you like markets more than them.
The Silk Run

It's a progressive skill James, progressive !!!
jamesg46

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:41 pm
Obviously not if you can use it on one market but not another.

It's a directional strategy.
Last edited by jamesg46 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesg46

Serious question. Did I give an edge away :lol:
jamesg46

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:41 pm
Tbf I see the depth in context of your comment, it shouldn't be that way though, that's why we have a lot miss leading people in the game.
sianjayjay

Thanks for all the tips guys.
I have a lot to learn. The video seemed a little misleading suggesting it was really easy.

I think I will start to learn to scalp football first as some of you say it is easier to do. I think I've done it a little bit manually before anyway.
Back at X and then lay at X minus number of ticks you want to go for.
Green up.

(I think that's correct anyway)
jamesg46

Scalping pre off is simply not.a good use of anyomes.time. I've given a credible/good alternative. Prove me wrong if you want to comment.
Kai

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:00 am
Serious question. Did I give an edge away :lol:
Kai

Nah, I really don't :) No offtopic messing about in newbie threads, orders straight from the top etc.

But go for it James if you think it's dead easy and report back :)
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:22 am
Scalping pre off is simply not.a good use of anyomes.time. I've given a credible/good alternative. Prove me wrong if you want to comment.
Try scalping Randwick tonight. That and Rosehill are as easy as it gets. I've heard some people say they trade the way UK markets used to.

Make sure you're familiar with the turnover charge if you do have a go!
jamesg46

sianjayjay wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:21 am
Thanks for all the tips guys.
I have a lot to learn. The video seemed a little misleading suggesting it was really easy.

I think I will start to learn to scalp football first as some of you say it is easier to do. I think I've done it a little bit manually before anyway.
Back at X and then lay at X minus number of ticks you want to go for.
Green up.

(I think that's correct anyway)
If I can be an arse an give you one tip it's to believe what's infromt of your eyes & be open to that changing in any given moment. Most of these guys on here will have you believe that you need some duper super mathematical equation to overcome the markets, nothing could be further from the truth..GL.
jamesg46

Are you guys being followers again?
Kai

sianjayjay wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:21 am
Comes with the industry unfortunately, there's a fresh Bet Angel video that illustrates how you could scalp football : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIkCDHEq4sQ&t=1s

Be careful of inplay markets, not the ideal first market, while in preoff you can only really lose ticks in inplay you can lose whole stakes.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”