Updated beta version of Bet Angel v1.56.0 - Now on general release

jimibt

Korattt wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:06 am
not sure if I’ve found a bug or not but working out two sets of averages as a stored value with using identical stored values doesn’t work, 2nd stored value as an average displays the same average as the 1st stored value

i.e.

SV’s

xxx1
xxx2

SV average of the two above = xyz

SV’s

xxx1 (as above)
xxx2 (as above)
xxx3

SV average of the three above= xyz (should be different)

.. any clues?
assuming they all have different values, then yes, the average should be different between the 2 comparisons. however, if you were to use the same values for xxx1/2 and 3, then of course, the average would be the same.

i'm sure you're not doing this -but just wanted to clarify ;)
Korattt

thanks Jim, think I’ve sorted it, I really am a bit dense with this sort of stuff
Korattt

think I’ve been a bit thick & stupid here, how embarrassing :oops:
noseve

Calling this version 1.56 doesn't really do it justice. The Guardian custom columns alone - eliminating the need to endlessly fly between logs - are enough to warrant calling it version 2.0. Thanks.
verance

I'm using the custom ranking of selections on a stored value.

If 2 or more selections have the same stored values, it seems to default to the market row index number?

Any way around this? Ideally, I'd like all ties to be given the lowest rank of that set.
Archery1969

Hi,

When you select either one of the following prices in the parameters tab then they are not shown in the description column ?

Reverse market price
2nd best reverse market price
3rd best reverse market price

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
verance

Hi, I have a rounding issue with my stored values when I set to round to nearest whole number.

If the answer is 2.5 it gets rounded down to 2, instead of 3. Example below
RoundingIssue.png
If the answer is 3.5 it does correctly round up to 4.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:13 pm
Hi,

When you select either one of the following prices in the parameters tab then they are not shown in the description column ?

Reverse market price

Thanks,
Its working fine when I just checked it
Capture.JPG

Is it always missing for you?
ie, have you tried creating a new rule from scratch to see if it happens?
Just in case its something occurring after editing a certain parameter etc that could be recreated and fixed

Also is everything else displaying OK ie, all your other menus in the rules editor
Your Windows font scaling being set to high can cause parts of Bet Angel not to display fully/correctly
Archery1969

Dallas wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:42 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Hi,

Reverse market price

Thanks,

Capture.JPG

Just in case its something occurring after editing a certain parameter etc that could be recreated and fixed

Also is everything else displaying OK ie, all your other menus in the rules editor
Your Windows font scaling being set to high can cause parts of Bet Angel not to display fully/correctly
Hi Dallas,

It’s when you select REVERSE prices.

Thanks,
Dallas

verance wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:30 am
Hi, I have a rounding issue with my stored values when I set to round to nearest whole number.

RoundingIssue.png

I'll also ask them to check this, it may be tomorrow before they reply just depends who's around
Hi Dallas,
Dallas

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:44 pm
Dallas wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:
Hi,

Reverse market price

Thanks,

Capture.JPG

Hi Dallas,

Thanks,
Ah yes I can see it now sorry I missed that initially

I've flagged it to development who'll get that fixed next build, looks like its been like that a while, I've just tried V1.55 and its the same on that too
Archery1969

Dallas wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:01 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:44 pm
Dallas wrote:

Capture.JPG

Hi Dallas,

Thanks,
Ah yes I can see it now sorry I missed that initially

I've flagged it to development who'll get that fixed next build, looks like its been like that a while, I've just tried V1.55 and its the same on that too
Great stuff.

I did mention it before in previous releases but it must have got lost.

👍
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

verance wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:30 am

RoundingIssue.png

Sounds like a tiny floating point inaccuracy on the PC. So the number is being stored internally as 2.4999999999 rather than 2.500000000.
We can look to workaround that in a future build, but for now you could probably fix the issue by multiplying by 0.250001 before rounding to nearest rather than using 0.25 exactly.
verance

Bet Angel wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:23 pm

Sounds like a tiny floating point inaccuracy on the PC. So the number is being stored internally as 2.4999999999 rather than 2.500000000.
We can look to workaround that in a future build, but for now you could probably fix the issue by multiplying by 0.250001 before rounding to nearest rather than using 0.25 exactly.
Thanks, multiplying by 0.250001 does the job!
Tuco

Sorry to trouble you Dallas but I don't appear to have the 'new toolbar buttons to Import/Export grid layout profiles' and I am running v1.56.0.

In the top image my buttons/icons are in the bottom right of the top image whereas yours are bottom left of the top image.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”