New beta version of Bet Angel v1.57.0 - Now on general release

Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:36 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:45 am
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:36 am
I'm half-cut now so I may be missing something but I'm not sure the value based colour settings recognises zero or negative numbers. I'd expect the -£3.00 under 'Worst case' to be coloured red in all 3 of those images?
Capture2.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture.PNG
It works with zero (I've got an example same as yours that changes the P/L colour at 0

1.JPG

and I've just double checked it again using a negative and here it is using -0.48

2.JPG

So it's an alcohol error
Have you tried it in Guardian? In the screenshot below I've had to change the threshold to 0.01 to get it to work so zeros appear in red. I'm guessing the currency formatting has something to do with it?
Capture.PNG
Working OK in Guardian too

1.JPG
2.JPG

I didn't have time to check the file you posted just used my own again and edited the amount in the VBCS editor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:45 am

It works with zero (I've got an example same as yours that changes the P/L colour at 0

1.JPG

and I've just double checked it again using a negative and here it is using -0.48

2.JPG

So it's an alcohol error
Have you tried it in Guardian? In the screenshot below I've had to change the threshold to 0.01 to get it to work so zeros appear in red. I'm guessing the currency formatting has something to do with it?
Capture.PNG

1.JPG

2.JPG

I didn't have time to check the file you posted just used my own again and edited the amount in the VBCS editor
It was no alcohol error, it doens't work on text stored values. :)

The previous posts were currency text, the first shot below is two decimal place text, and the bottom one is numeric.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:36 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Capture.PNG

1.JPG

2.JPG

The previous posts were currency text, the first shot below is two decimal place text, and the bottom one is numeric.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
You could consider trying to test text against a value as an alcohol induced error ;)

But at least you know why it wasn't working now
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Derek27 wrote:

Use the ‘tag value’ option when setting the stored value with Text; just set the tag with a numeric stored value holding the actual P&L. The text will be displayed and the tag will control the colour (and the sorting when appropriate).
Derek27

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:00 am
Derek27 wrote:

Use the ‘tag value’ option when setting the stored value with Text; just set the tag with a numeric stored value holding the actual P&L. The text will be displayed and the tag will control the colour (and the sorting when appropriate).
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that checkbox, must have been pissed. :)
Dr Ginhog

I was already thrilled with the seamless generic automated * * * * SVTYPE SVNAME VALUE now we have text filtering to booth.
A lot to get through here. Are we already at the Superconducting,quantum computing,nuclear fusion,unlimited battery cycle version. If not very close
firlandsfarm

I don't know if this is a 1.57 related issue or not, probably not but it's the first time I have encountered it ever, not just since installing 1.57. I leave my computer and BA on overnight but this morning when requesting the Desktop to see what has been discussed recently I was met by ...

"Error 504 Ray ID: 68fefbc06c0f0796 • 2021-09-17 02:42:49 UTC
Gateway time-out

www.betangel.com
Host
Error"

Any thoughts?

Edit: all OK after a shutdown and re-open of BA.
decomez6

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 pm
All the options are available when storing a value as text.

can we use the obtained values to perform- stored value list ranges - calculations ?

thanks again
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:03 am
I don't know if this is a 1.57 related issue or not, probably not but it's the first time I have encountered it ever, not just since installing 1.57. I leave my computer and BA on overnight but this morning when requesting the Desktop to see what has been discussed recently I was met by ...

"Error 504 Ray ID: 68fefbc06c0f0796 • 2021-09-17 02:42:49 UTC
Gateway time-out

www.betangel.com
Host
Error"

Any thoughts?

Edit: all OK after a shutdown and re-open of BA.
If you have Microsoft Edge installed on that PC then in v1.57 it'll be using that as the embedded browser rather than Internet Explorer, but that error probably would have occurred with either browser. The Desktop page auto-refreshes from time to time and it sounds like at some point overnight the refresh failed to connect and that would stop the auto-refresh too. If you see the message again, try pressing the home button at the bottom of the Desktop page to see if it returns to normal or whether the link is completely broken until the next restart.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

decomez6 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:02 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:13 pm
All the options are available when storing a value as text.

can we use the obtained values to perform- stored value list ranges - calculations ?
Not directly, as the feature to 'store a value calculated from a range of values' requires the source value to be in numeric form. However, you could set a numeric stored value using a text stored value as the source and it'll attempt to parse the text into a number. Then you can use that number to perform your range calculations as you normally would.

You were previously talking about trying to use the text truncation on a number, so could you explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve?
If you were for instance using the text features to round to a certain number of decimal places, you might be better off keeping everything as a number, multiplying by a factor, rounding and then dividing by the factor again.
decomez6

Bet Angel wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:39 pm
You were previously talking about trying to use the text truncation on a number, so could you explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve?
If you were for instance using the text features to round to a certain number of decimal places, you might be better off keeping everything as a number, multiplying by a factor, rounding and then dividing by the factor again.
thanks for the clarification.

yes i have a couple of bots using that formula rounding down to 1 decimal place.

i am trying to make a list of values collated from different selections , with different combinations covering all possible outcomes.

this should generate multiple lists with equal number of entries each holding a group of nominated selections that differ from each other by 1(0ne).

abcd
bcde
cdef
defg
,.............etc

the values of of abcd will be added to one stored value A, and those ones of bcde to a stored value B

-will then compare values A against B to trigger a bet.

i prefer to truncate or round 1 decimal place so as to capture the quick changes . it slows down time and allow the bot to trigger.

appreciate your assistance
much thanks
Realrocknrolla

Loving the copy and paste option for rules.

Just combined four rules files into one in seconds.

Hats off to the development team!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

decomez6 wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:55 pm

this should generate multiple lists with equal number of entries each holding a group of nominated selections that differ from each other by 1(0ne).

abcd
bcde
cdef
defg
,.............etc

the values of of abcd will be added to one stored value A, and those ones of bcde to a stored value B
Yes I see what you are doing and why truncation would be useful to isolate a particular value. As long as abcd are actually numbers rather than letters, then converting between numeric SV and text SV and back to numeric again should work fine.
decomez6

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:52 pm
. As long as abcd are actually numbers rather than letters, then converting between numeric SV and text SV and back to numeric again should work fine.
Yes they are numbers .

Thank you for an update well rounded :D
firlandsfarm

I thought SV's storing text was going to enable me to resolve a long standing shortcoming. I run many bet placing systems and always spend too much time deciphering/allocating the results around my systems so that I can monitor the performance of each system. But I fear not because I hadn't studied the other half of my 'solution'.

My first thought was great ... have two SV's activated by the bet triggering rule that hold the name of the system and the bet ID No. then concatenate the two SV's into one and add to the log. Then extract the SV from the log and match it to the Bf Bet History report. But I didn't realise the Bet Information is limited to matched bets and not bets placed so unless the bet is instantly matched (unlikely in my case because bets are placed at reverse prices) it cannot return the information I require.

Am I missing something, is there a way to create an SV consisting of "[GivenSystemID].[BfBetID]" or any other way to definitively allocate a specific bet to the specific triggering rule? It would make auditing so much easier. :(

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”