New beta version of Bet Angel v1.57.0 - Now on general release

Anbell

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:21 pm
I thought SV's storing text was going to enable me to resolve a long standing shortcoming. I run many bet placing systems and always spend too much time deciphering/allocating the results around my systems so that I can monitor the performance of each system. But I fear not because I hadn't studied the other half of my 'solution'.

My first thought was great ... have two SV's activated by the bet triggering rule that hold the name of the system and the bet ID No. then concatenate the two SV's into one and add to the log. Then extract the SV from the log and match it to the Bf Bet History report. But I didn't realise the Bet Information is limited to matched bets and not bets placed so unless the bet is instantly matched (unlikely in my case because bets are placed at reverse prices) it cannot return the information I require.

Am I missing something, is there a way to create an SV consisting of "[GivenSystemID].[BfBetID]" or any other way to definitively allocate a specific bet to the specific triggering rule? It would make auditing so much easier. :(
Betfair has customerStrategyRef which would be enormously useful if implemented
foxwood

Anbell wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:45 am
+1
tlkjb

"Text Comparison condition has been enhanced to allow comparison against a Selection Name and Text held in a Stored Value"

Would be very helpful to be able to compare the Market Name / Selection Name also against a / a list of Stored Value/s

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tlkjb on Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tlkjb

+1
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

tlkjb wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:00 pm
"Text Comparison condition has been enhanced to allow comparison against a Selection Name and Text held in a Stored Value"

Would be very helpful to be able to compare the Market Name / Selection Name also against a / a list of Stored Value/s

Thanks
That particular condition only compares against a list of entered text.

However, you can already store the Market Name and the Selection Name into Text Stored Values.

i.e. Run a rule once to create MKT_NAME to hold the Market Name and SEL_NAME to hold a selection name.
Then you can use those Stored Values whenever you need them in the rest of the rules.
So you'd use a Stored Value condition to test that MKT_NAME equals STORED_VALUE1 in your example.
If you want to test against STORED_VALUE2 too, then you'd duplicate the condition and add them to a group so that only one of the conditions needs to be true.
Derek27

Anbell wrote:
I thought you were joking about that but I've just looked it up in the API docs (you can see how little I know about the API). :)

If only there was a bit of communication between the techy staff that facilitate API users and the idiots that think you shouldn't deposit more than £100!
Anbell

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:05 pm
Anbell wrote:
I thought you were joking about that but I've just looked it up in the API docs (you can see how little I know about the API). :)

If only there was a bit of communication between the techy staff that facilitate API users and the idiots that think you shouldn't deposit more than £100!
It's immensely valuable to me, There's also a similar rule file at one level below. Not only does it help testing and keeping track of strategies, it also means that you can run many strategies on each account so that you only pay net commission across all the strategies.
weemac

Don't know if it's a minor glitch, but when I enter a list of names in the Text comparison condition, the main descriptor box seems to count the number of names incorrectly e.g. I've added 55 and 26 items in 2 conditions, but the box says ' any of the 57 and 27 items' respectively.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

weemac wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:26 pm
Don't know if it's a minor glitch, but when I enter a list of names in the Text comparison condition, the main descriptor box seems to count the number of names incorrectly e.g. I've added 55 and 26 items in 2 conditions, but the box says ' any of the 57 and 27 items' respectively.
Did you press enter and add a new line after entering the last item? Sounds like each of your lists has a blank item at the end.
Blank items will be ignored when the condition runs the comparisons, but a blank line will still be counted in the item count for the summary text.
weemac

It could be blank lines, but I did enter a backspace from the bottom line to try and eliminate that. I'll re-check over the coming days and report if anything still amiss.
weemac

Am I missing a way to make the Text Comparison bit only trade a specific horse with the precise name I've entered? Entering the horse 'Reve' in the condition sees it trading every horse with 'reve' in its name.
Derek27

weemac wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:48 pm
Am I missing a way to make the Text Comparison bit only trade a specific horse with the precise name I've entered? Entering the horse 'Reve' in the condition sees it trading every horse with 'reve' in its name.
I think BA needs to add the conditions "Starts with the following" or "Contains only the following".
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Yes, we'll look to expand on the options so that you can request an exact match to the entered text.
sionascaig

The "One-click Screen, New toolbar buttons to Import/Export grid layout profiles from the one-click screen" seems to be missing?

Trying to import a Grid Layout file but little green arrows on paper are not present (using 1.57.0.b1).

The 2nd step in following post: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23981
Dallas

sionascaig wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:42 pm
The "One-click Screen, New toolbar buttons to Import/Export grid layout profiles from the one-click screen" seems to be missing?

Trying to import a Grid Layout file but little green arrows on paper are not present (using 1.57.0.b1).

The 2nd step in following post: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=23981
It's because you'll be using a profile originally saved before they were added a few versions ago, resetting the toolbar will resolve it (see second bottom post)
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=23656

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”