New beta version of Bet Angel v1.60.0 - Now on general release

slickboy2

Im sure you will when the time is right but it will be great if make a youtube video on some of the new features :D
PeterLe

Running v1.60 live today, using refresh every update, liking the optimisation :)
(Didn't miss a beat by the way).
Last edited by PeterLe on Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Euler

slickboy2 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:36 pm
Im sure you will when the time is right but it will be great if make a youtube video on some of the new features :D
Will do
lavenham

Dallas wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:44 pm
Sonyclan61 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:08 pm
A button for bet fair live stream would be handy.
The 'Live Video' button has been there for several years in the centre of the Desktop screen (first screen you see following each login)

But you are better off viewing the video in an external browser due to the amount of memory the BF site leaks
https://livevideo.betfair.com/

There is also a free program called deskpins, that will enable you to use the pop-out Betfair video then pin anywhere you want and always have it on top.
Deskpins doesn't seem to work on Win 10 latest for me. The 'latest' version of deskpins is 2015 so not surprising.

I use WindowTop free version. It is much more versatile and has useful extras.
Can be downloaded direct or via Microsoft Store.
Marshy10

When using Exchange Streaming you'll now find a new option in the 'Refresh every' picklist, rather than a specific refresh rate you can now pick 'Refresh every update'. That will cause the screen to be updated as soon as new information arrives on the data stream from betfair. Note: If you are on a less active market and no data arrives in 500ms then the market is refreshed anyway to keep charts and Servants ticking over. It'll save a few milliseconds over the 20ms rate on an active market and save some CPU load on a less active market.

Am I being thick, but i can't seem to find the 'Refresh every' picklist?
Euler

Top left quadrant of the screen, tick box, 'Refresh every' - Use drop down menu, it's the top item on the list.
parrettt

Thanks for this it works wonderfully.

I have a question about betfair stream.
When it is a sky race it streams perfectly but when it is a racingtv race i get no streaming at all. Both betfair and rtv say it is working perfectly. Can you confirm that is the case because it means the fault is with my pc and phone etc.
Regards
pa
jamesedwards

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:58 am
  • When using Exchange Streaming you'll now find a new option in the 'Refresh every' picklist, rather than a specific refresh rate you can now pick 'Refresh every update'. That will cause the screen to be updated as soon as new information arrives on the data stream from betfair. Note: If you are on a less active market and no data arrives in 500ms then the market is refreshed anyway to keep charts and Servants ticking over. It'll save a few milliseconds over the 20ms rate on an active market and save some CPU load on a less active market.
How does this work with TPD data please? specifically, if TPD data has updated but there has been no update on the "data stream from Betfair", will the TPD data update between Betfair refreshes or would it wait up to 500ms for the TPD update to be shown?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:39 pm

How does this work with TPD data please? specifically, if TPD data has updated but there has been no update on the "data stream from Betfair", will the TPD data update between Betfair refreshes or would it wait up to 500ms for the TPD update to be shown?
For UK based races the betfair stream will be running at full pelt for the duration of the race, so the refresh every update option would be most optimal. However, if you are using TPD with international races with low activity on betfair then using one of the fast fixed duration refresh rates will be best.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

parrettt wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:13 pm
Thanks for this it works wonderfully.

I have a question about betfair stream.
When it is a sky race it streams perfectly but when it is a racingtv race i get no streaming at all. Both betfair and rtv say it is working perfectly. Can you confirm that is the case because it means the fault is with my pc and phone etc.
Regards
pa
Are you talking about the real-time mapping of the race course or betfair live video from their web site? If the former, then the real-time mapping requires the race course to be supported by TPD and currently they are the race courses broadcast by Sky and not the Racecourse Media Group courses.
jamesedwards

Bet Angel wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:38 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:39 pm

For UK based races the betfair stream will be running at full pelt for the duration of the race, so the refresh every update option would be most optimal. However, if you are using TPD with international races with low activity on betfair then using one of the fast fixed duration refresh rates will be best.
Thanks for the info. What will trigger a Betfair refresh on the 'every update' option? A price change? A volume change? Top 3 prices only or any point on the ladder?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:38 pm
Thanks for the info. What will trigger a Betfair refresh on the 'every update' option? A price change? A volume change? Top 3 prices only or any point on the ladder?
It's triggered by new data arriving from betfair on the data stream for the market in question, so anything could trigger it: price change, traded volume at any price, change in offered volume at any price, new total matched volume, withdrawn runners etc. It's a simple as saying there's new data for the market, so refresh Bet Angel.
PeterLe

Morning, Appreciate this could be still some way off...but do you envisage that in the future it will be possible to use the recorded data (via the new API) in conjunction with betangel in a backtest mode?
Thanks
Regards
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

PeterLe wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:04 am
Morning, Appreciate this could be still some way off...but do you envisage that in the future it will be possible to use the recorded data (via the new API) in conjunction with betangel in a backtest mode?
Thanks
Regards
Peter
The API wasn't created for recording data, it's more about remote control of certain aspects of Bet Angel from your own app and injecting certain Stored Values to help control the behaviour of Automation running in Bet Angel (i.e. an alternative to setting stored values from a CSV file).

To record and replay betfair or TPD data would breach a number of their Terms & Conditions, so no we won't be allowing the API to do that.
PeterLe

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:15 pm
PeterLe wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:04 am
Thanks
Regards
Peter
The API wasn't created for recording data, it's more about remote control of certain aspects of Bet Angel from your own app and injecting certain Stored Values to help control the behaviour of Automation running in Bet Angel (i.e. an alternative to setting stored values from a CSV file).

To record and replay betfair or TPD data would breach a number of their Terms & Conditions, so no we won't be allowing the API to do that.
Ah OK I see. Thanks for the reply

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”