New beta version of Bet Angel v1.60.0 - Now on general release

decomez6

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:44 pm
Great work ! . thanks for all new tools especially the ability to have more history lists and the new TPD .

The ability to isolate and export specific stored values discussed here

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24961

is that possible now ?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

decomez6 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:26 am
Great work ! . thanks for all new tools especially the ability to have more history lists and the new TPD .

The ability to isolate and export specific stored values discussed here

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24961

is that possible now ?
If you were to extract & export the Stored Values you require using your own program calling the Bet Angel API, then yes you could request only the Stored Value names you need. You could also limit the search to specific market Ids, if for instance you were only interested in markets that were due to start soon.
decomez6

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:27 pm
require using your own program calling the Bet Angel API, then yes you could request only the Stored Value names you need.
the only program I use to call the Bet Angel API is Bet Angel :)
is there a structural hinderance barring the implementation of the request ? or is it a cost benefit factor due to lack of customer interest ?
just thinking ......
whte_rbt

Thanks for all of your work on these updates, folks. The API is a real game changer for how I use BA.

Is anyone else having trouble with stored value actions being carried over when switching to an empty rules file in the editor in this beta, or am I missing something obvious?

The following should show you what I mean... Tested on a fresh install of BAP_1_60_0_beta1 this morning:
  1. Create a new rules file (R1). Add a "Set/Modify a Stored Value Only" rule. Add a stored value (I think the behaviour is the same for all types). Save the rules file. Close the automation rules editor.
  2. Create an empty rules file (R2) and save it. Close the automation rules editor.
  3. Open R1 in the automation rules editor. Select the existing rule to add a stored value. Open the stored values tab.
  4. Switch to R2 using the dropdown at the top of the automation rules editor window. The stored value action from R1 now appears in R2 for me.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

decomez6 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:20 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
require using your own program calling the Bet Angel API, then yes you could request only the Stored Value names you need.
is there a structural hinderance barring the implementation of the request ? or is it a cost benefit factor due to lack of customer interest ?
just thinking ......
The Bet Angel API is completely new for this version.
If you were just asking about the suggested enhancement for Bet Angel Automation, then no that hasn't happened yet. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be possible, so it's just the it hasn't risen to the top of the workstack based on cost & demand. Bet Angel is tested in sections, so there's a testing cost (time & money) incurred when touching any area of stable code. If we are bug-fixing some code, or if it's a section currently in beta, then we can sometimes squeeze in an extra enhancement without much cost.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

whte_rbt wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:22 pm
Thanks for all of your work on these updates, folks. The API is a real game changer for how I use BA.

Is anyone else having trouble with stored value actions being carried over when switching to an empty rules file in the editor in this beta, or am I missing something obvious?

The following should show you what I mean... Tested on a fresh install of BAP_1_60_0_beta1 this morning:
Looks like a bug, but I expect it's been there for ages.
The issue is due to your R2 rule being saved completely empty. When the editor later switches from R1 to R2 it hasn't got a new rule in the file to switch to in order to initialise the screen.
For now, don't save completely empty rule files, but we'll try to fix it for the general release build.
decomez6

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:02 pm
decomez6 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:20 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
just thinking ......
The Bet Angel API is completely new for this version.
If you were just asking about the suggested enhancement for Bet Angel Automation, then no that hasn't happened yet. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be possible, so it's just the it hasn't risen to the top of the workstack based on cost & demand. Bet Angel is tested in sections, so there's a testing cost (time & money) incurred when touching any area of stable code. If we are bug-fixing some code, or if it's a section currently in beta, then we can sometimes squeeze in an extra enhancement without much cost.
Compared to the competition out there , Bet Angel is in a class of its own. Your team has gone to great lengths giving us the ultimate betting and trading tool , and for that we remain very thankful. :)
and thank you again for taking your time to reply to this question it makes everything much clearer.
cheers.
Derek27

Great stuff!! These API calls are really powerful. :D
whte_rbt

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:09 pm
whte_rbt wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:22 pm

Looks like a bug, but I expect it's been there for ages.
The issue is due to your R2 rule being saved completely empty. When the editor later switches from R1 to R2 it hasn't got a new rule in the file to switch to in order to initialise the screen.
For now, don't save completely empty rule files, but we'll try to fix it for the general release build.
Thanks for confirming. Will initialise with a placeholder rule for now, as you suggest.

(The irony is that I only saved an empty rules file with the intention of copying rules from another file. Took me a fair few attempts to realise I wasn't just doing it wrong myself :oops:)
mcgoo

Hi BA Team

I have been doing some BA setting /chart housekeeping (fun :D ) and I realise you have probably got close to final release on this one so maybe for the future and I have brought this up before in an unrelated thread so thought it would fit better here:
mcgoo wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:40 pm
Just a thought: Be great to be able to see the advanced charts (trend line, price line etc) stamped with a marker (value of any [enabling cross correlation with other SV's/Lists] SV or history list every x seconds for example)-time-stamped, or rely on time labels, too if possible :ugeek: 8-)

Attached an example of what I had in mind on the LTP line
I guess this would require respective naming of the/each chart and data series within the advanced chart settings but I think would be a game changer for me .Even being able to stamp a chart line with a SV when it crosses a threshold/alert would do initially. Anyway..perhaps something to think about .Comment welcome
Amazing software as always. Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

mcgoo wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:42 am
Hi BA Team

I have been doing some BA setting /chart housekeeping (fun :D ) and I realise you have probably got close to final release on this one so maybe for the future and I have brought this up before in an unrelated thread so thought it would fit better here:
mcgoo wrote:
Just a thought: Be great to be able to see the advanced charts (trend line, price line etc) stamped with a marker (value of any [enabling cross correlation with other SV's/Lists] SV or history list every x seconds for example)-time-stamped, or rely on time labels, too if possible :ugeek: 8-)

I guess this would require respective naming of the/each chart and data series within the advanced chart settings but I think would be a game changer for me .Even being able to stamp a chart line with a SV when it crosses a threshold/alert would do initially. Anyway..perhaps something to think about .Comment welcome
Not sure I completely understand the request. Are you asking that each of the chart lines being plotted have a label, or do you want multiple labels per chart line so that you set a piece of text via Automation (as you would set a SV) and have that plotted on the chart each time you assign the text? If the latter, then the storage of those labels is going to be the issue. Only History Lists have any concept of stored values over time and they are just numbers. Text uses a lot more memory than a number, so it's impractical to have hundreds of text values being stored for dozens of runners and dozens of markets over time. It also sounds like each text value being stored would also need to have a price value attached so that it knows where in the y-axis to plot it. So you're effectively setting text, time & value for each label.

If that's along the right lines then we might be able to support a limited number of those per runner, so that when the allocation is used up, the oldest one is forgotten. We'd have to calculate the memory requirements to set the allocation, it's not going to work the same way as history lists which are of known size per second and can be off-lined to disk. No promises that this will happen at all as it sounds like a chunk of work, but being able to annotate the charts would be pretty useful. If it does happen it would have to be in a future version as it is too big for a .1 update.

Anyway let us know if we've understood the concept properly.
mcgoo

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:18 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:42 am
Hi BA Team

mcgoo wrote:

Not sure I completely understand the request. Are you asking that each of the chart lines being plotted have a label, or do you want multiple labels per chart line so that you set a piece of text via Automation (as you would set a SV) and have that plotted on the chart each time you assign the text? If the latter, then the storage of those labels is going to be the issue. Only History Lists have any concept of stored values over time and they are just numbers. Text uses a lot more memory than a number, so it's impractical to have hundreds of text values being stored for dozens of runners and dozens of markets over time. It also sounds like each text value being stored would also need to have a price value attached so that it knows where in the y-axis to plot it. So you're effectively setting text, time & value for each label.

If that's along the right lines then we might be able to support a limited number of those per runner, so that when the allocation is used up, the oldest one is forgotten. We'd have to calculate the memory requirements to set the allocation, it's not going to work the same way as history lists which are of known size per second and can be off-lined to disk. No promises that this will happen at all as it sounds like a chunk of work, but being able to annotate the charts would be pretty useful. If it does happen it would have to be in a future version as it is too big for a .1 update.

Anyway let us know if we've understood the concept properly.
Thank you for the reply.Yes, you have the concept (multiple labels per chart line). Example horse race scenarios in mind:

1. If I have set an alert where I am storing a SV/History list and BA notifies me when there is > 10k matched on a runner in say 2 secs: That matched amount and/or an associated a text value (probably to make clear where the stamp came from e.g. Stored Value or Alert name) is stamped onto a last traded price chart line (Y axis plot/intersection would need to be known) at the time of the alert (not sure a time value needs to show on the chart here as they appear at the bottom of the advanced charts anyway).
2. A history list/SV is tracking/recording the average price movements or range calc on every runner over 30 seconds and that value is stamped automatically onto a volume or WOM based trend line on the chart, at set intervals e.g. every 30 seconds

If there is a limit per runner as you describe where the oldest is forgotten ,that is ok, as I think this could be quite useful even in a limited context

I hope that clarifies my thinking. Always hard to write one's thoughts down clearly (also without making assumptions) in this game especially :D I suspected this might be a bit of work so can appreciate that it might take a while to do.
Thanks again.
sniffer66

Have a question re assigning Stored Values via the new API.

On the Test page there is an API test for assigning up to 3 Stored values at the Event etc level. I'm looking to port code I use to assign football stats and scores via a baf, directly via the API. But have way more than 3 SV's per Event

Is the max 3 values on the test page just for the demo, and can I assign more than 3 per event or is that a fixed limit ? Obviously I can loop through my created SV's doing 3 at a time but would be good to be able to send them in a single line instead
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:12 am

On the Test page there is an API test for assigning up to 3 Stored values at the Event etc level. I'm looking to port code I use to assign football stats and scores via a baf, directly via the API. But have way more than 3 SV's per Event

Is the max 3 values on the test page just for the demo, and can I assign more than 3 per event or is that a fixed limit ? Obviously I can loop through my created SV's doing 3 at a time but would be good to be able to send them in a single line instead
You can set as many as you want via a single API call, the max of three is just the limit of the test page rather than the API itself.
sniffer66

Bet Angel wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:10 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:12 am

You can set as many as you want via a single API call, the max of three is just the limit of the test page rather than the API itself.

Thanks BA :)

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”