New beta version of Bet Angel v1.46.0

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

andrejt wrote:Market Overview windows is not refreshing (or refreshing randomly). Please see the following video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxMybyo-Dxs
Just to let you know that we've recreated this issue and it'll be fixed in the next release.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Here's the new version of the beta (now v1.46.1) with bug fixes and enhancements:

Download it from here: -

http://www.betangel.com/securedownloads ... _beta1.exe

We would encourage everyone using the beta to upgrade to this version.

Changes:

- Uses betfair's new minimum stake rules for faster placement of small stake bets and faster greening (when that requires use of small stakes).
- Bug fix to market overview grid when streaming quickly
- Bug fix when main screen refresh rate set slower than Guardian cycling rate
- Bug fix to status bar message when greening/closing bets
- Workaround for the rare stuck unmatched bet issue seen by a few users
- New diagnostics logging options when streaming (set on the Communication page of the settings editor), will allow us to diagnose any future streaming issues witnessed by customers.

If you've got a Bet Angel VPS then use this link for the Server edition: http://www.betangel.com/securedownloads ... _beta1.exe
SeaHorseRacing

I will send a message to support but thought I would post it here.

It appears in the enhanced charts its is not showing the money correctly in the volume.

It appears the same on 146 beta 4 and 146.1

Just does not seem right. I can see 2/3k orders going in the market and it is showing 25 quid stakes...
SeaHorseRacing

Figured it out.

Using the setting of 20ms. The volume is wrong. Change the setting to 200ms you can see the difference.

It is really hard to spot but when you see big moves the volume is showing 25/50/100s quickly change it over to 200ms and you can see the 1,000s.

Sometimes there looks no difference but certainly is. Not sure if the 20ms is sometimes showing correct volume or not.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

SeaHorseRacing wrote:It appears in the enhanced charts its is not showing the money correctly in the volume.
OK we'll have a look. Tick chart or candlestick?
SeaHorseRacing

On my enhanced chart. I have volume set at 1 tick in the advanced chart settings.

When I have ms set at 20ms it just doesnt seem right.

Thank you
Samo154

What are betfair minimum stake rules?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Samo154 wrote:What are betfair minimum stake rules?
For GBP currency, when bet is less than £2, the bet will still be allowed by betfair if stake * price >= £10.

They've got different limits for different currencies, but Bet Angel now just works it all out and places bets & greens up using the fastest method possible considering the stake & price.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

SeaHorseRacing wrote:On my enhanced chart. I have volume set at 1 tick in the advanced chart settings.
Confirmed. We've fixed it and patched the beta, so if you download/install it again everything should look fine regardless of refresh rate.
SeaHorseRacing

Bet Angel wrote:
SeaHorseRacing wrote:On my enhanced chart. I have volume set at 1 tick in the advanced chart settings.
Confirmed. We've fixed it and patched the beta, so if you download/install it again everything should look fine regardless of refresh rate.
Great thanks. What was the diagnosis?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

SeaHorseRacing wrote:Great thanks. What was the diagnosis?
It was just due to the fact that charts update at a maximum speed of 100ms. When streaming quicker than that, the volume arriving between chart updates was missed rather than cached. It was easy to fix.
LinusP

Bet Angel wrote: Changes:

- Uses betfair's new minimum stake rules for faster placement of small stake bets and faster greening (when that requires use of small stakes).
Did I give you the idea for that :D
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

LinusP wrote: Did I give you the idea for that :D
It's been on the list since betfair announced the change, but yes your posts did act as a reminder and get the changes into this build! Supporting currencies other than GBP prevented us from simplifying the process across the board. I wish they'd applied the 10.0 payout limit for all currencies!
LinusP

Bet Angel wrote:
LinusP wrote: Did I give you the idea for that :D
It's been on the list since betfair announced the change, but yes your posts did act as a reminder and get the changes into this build! Supporting currencies other than GBP prevented us from simplifying the process across the board. I wish they'd applied the 10.0 payout limit for all currencies!
Haha, I had exactly the same issue. Ended up using a config file allowing a global variable.

http://effbot.org/pyfaq/how-do-i-share- ... odules.htm
SeaHorseRacing

My sound alerts are out of time. I have checked my clocks. If I have a sound automation and I open a market it is pretty much playing them out of sink to the time I have authourized...

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”