New beta version of Bet Angel v1.50.1 - Now on general release

Dr Ginhog

Already light years ahead of the rest ..you have improved on a perfect program...great work.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wolf1877 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:57 pm
I assume its a beta as you potentially expect a few bugs to surface.
Our builds are well tested before beta release, but yes occasionally a couple of bugs are found during beta testing.
Wolf1877 wrote:
(1) If I install the beta, will it run alongside v1.49 or will it wipe and replace v1.49?
By default it would replace v1.49, but you could tell it to install to a different Program Files folder. It also uses a folder in the Users\AppData\Roaming area of Windows for saved settings/layouts/automationRules, but if you give all new saves a new name they won't overwrite existing saves.
Wolf1877 wrote:
(2) Is it possible to set the Stored Values from excel? If not then I'd suggest it for a future release.
The application to Excel communications are very slow compared to normal Automation processing, so if this was to be implemented, it would be have to be fairly restricted (probably only sync values during a Guardian refresh of an Excel page).
Wolf1877 wrote:
(3) Have any bugs cropped up yet?
Not so far
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Nero Tulip wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:24 pm
Just trying this out now. The Hi Low values in excel seem slightly slow updating at times, even in well formed markets.. could this be a result of the measures in place to filter price spikes? Or is it due to the order/timings of how this extra data is updated?
For example, It often has a higher price in the Last Traded Price column, to the one in the new High column, and same effect for Low..
The additional columns in Excel (including the high low values) are updated in the same cycle as the price updates, so visually you shouldn't notice a lag. If you were reacting to a cell change in prices and taking a snapshot of the info, then perhaps you'd grab the information before the high/low has updated.
As you suggested, the most likely answer is that the price hasn't traded enough to satisfy the price spike filter. If you open the Market Overview grid, you should see the Excel high/low values match the High/Low traded prices in the overview grid, but if it isn't we'll investigate further.
Dr Ginhog

In the one click screen it seems like previous versions showed the "What if"(when unticked) for trading out ALL open positions together. It now seems like you might be able now to set up custom columns to "Whatif you closed each open position individually". ie Have as much custom columns as there are open positions or for every runner awaiting an open position( a bet).Is that possible? If thats correct then its another fantastic addition but the Jewel in the Crown has to be the saved values addition.
LeTiss

I like how you can now change the font size on the one-click screen.

Ideal for rapidly ageing traders ;)
mhorro

Been using this for 2 days and very impressed a great deal of hard work must of been put into this development, well done.

My only one concern is the memory footprint as it seems to increase significantly throughout the day.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks,

Mark :D
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

mhorro wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:46 pm
Been using this for 2 days and very impressed a great deal of hard work must of been put into this development, well done.

My only one concern is the memory footprint as it seems to increase significantly throughout the day.
Thanks - we did work very hard with this build!

Would you say the memory footprint is increasing quicker than doing the same thing with an earlier version?

If you are using Guardian, it is normal for the footprint to increase during the day as more chart data is archived, but the memory is released when the market is removed from all screens. However, there's nothing in this build that should make it use significantly more memory than v1.49.0, so if you're seeing that, we can look into it further.
mhorro

The memory increase is significantly quicker than Version 1.49 as I was watching it at 5 am this morning through the day and logged out and logged back in.

I had 15 stored variables to track price of a nominated selection from 10 hours out of start time to 1 minute before the off and the memory usage was quite high, it increased quite aggressively..

I remember my Unix 'C' programming days using malloc() function to allocate memory and not doing a free() function call to free the memory.

Is it a memory leak?

Thanks,

Mark
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

mhorro wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:14 pm
I had 15 stored variables to track price of a nominated selection from 10 hours out of start time to 1 minute before the off and the memory usage was quite high, it increased quite aggressively..
OK - we'll run some side by side comparisons. Were you just monitoring a single market or did you have all the days markets loaded into Guardian?

If multiple markets, please answer the following as it'll help us compare:

Which type of markets did you have loaded (UK/Irish, Win Only/Place markets etc).
Where you using restricted refresh in Guardian (I am assuming not considering how you wanted Automation to work)?
Were you using Exchange Streaming?
Did your Stored Values have the 'Shared' option ticked?
What was your refresh rate in Guardian?
Where you connected to Excel at all?
mhorro wrote:
I remember my Unix 'C' programming days using malloc() function to allocate memory and not doing a free() function call to free the memory.
Is it a memory leak?
Bet Angel is written in C# which fortunately has a garbage collector; it isn't quite as picky about memory management as C or C++. However you can still gets leaks of a sort by keeping a reference to an object that you didn't intend to use again. The Bet Angel code is market centric, so the objects relating to a market should all be garbage collected when the market is not needed anymore (e.g. the market is removed from Guardian and no other window is using it). So if you are monitoring memory usage, you should see the total memory used snap back within a few minutes of the markets being removed from Guardian. It won't be immediate because the garbage collector runs with a low priority in Windows unless Windows determines that memory usage is at critical levels.

So the test would be:

- run your stored value collection for a while
- see the memory usage build (which it should)
- then remove all the markets from Guardian and make sure no chart windows (or watchlists) are looking at the market
- switch to a completely new market on the main screen
- after a couple of mins, see if the memory usage has dropped to normal levels or not; if it stays at the peak then something is incorrectly keeping hold of the markets.
mhorro

Thanks for getting back to me.

I must say this Version is absolutely brilliant the stored values is the making of this product in my opinion you can achieve so much control on your trading. This is what I have been looking for I cannot thank you enough. Mark :D
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:58 am
mhorro wrote:
OK - we'll run some side by side comparisons.
To follow-up on this. We've been running v1.49.0 and v.1.50.0 side by side for a few days with the same settings and actions performed on each and haven't detected any memory leaks or any significant difference in memory usage between the two versions.
In both cases, the memory footprint increases during the day as price data for the charts is collected, but that is freed up as expected when the markets are removed from Guardian. With all markets removed, and the log page cleared, the footprint is currently sitting at 110MB for each version.

We used stored values in 1.50.0 to attempt to replicate what you saw and signals in v1.49.0 to be as similar as possible.

We'll close the issue for now, but if you (or any other forum member) run side by side comparisons and spot an area of concern, we'll take another look. In that situation, a description of all actions (and duration) applied to the versions would be very useful in attempting to recreate.
dt888

Have you had any issues reported with the new stop loss feature?

I had one on the dogs this morning where my initial bet was only partially matched, the rest was cancelled with fill or kill. Stop loss set to calculate at trigger price. Shortly afterwards it hit the stop loss and it put in a stop stake for this that would have been correct if the initial full stake had been matched. It didnt take into account it had only been partially matched so left an open position that my green all rule had to close just before race stated

Cheers
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

dt888 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:25 pm
Have you had any issues reported with the new stop loss feature?
No, your query is the first. There are parts of the code to handle partial matches before stop loss trigger, so it should have dealt with that situation.

Could you paste here the sections of the log showing the initial bet being placed, the offset with stop being placed after fill or kill expired, and the eventual stop loss triggering. We'll take a look at it.
dt888

Ive sent the relevent log and matched bets to support

Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

dt888 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:57 pm
Ive sent the relevent log and matched bets to support
Thanks - we've recreated the issue and will issue a fix as soon as possible.

Note for all: The issue relates to incorrect staking when using the new stop loss staking settings with an 'offset bet with greening and stop' when a partial match has occurred before the stop triggers. The setting 'Use offset stake' still works properly.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”