UPDATED: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.51.1 - Now on general release

jimibt

john_boyuk wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:49 pm
Tried to follow instructions on option 2 using services.msc but Startup type is greyed out and I can't access the drop down box to select Disabled
john - the issue is not related to java or anything else. the message was basically telling you that the installer couldn't continue due to some other installation being performed at the same time... suggest a fresh try at the base installation. java is not required for this application (it's .net based)
Tuco

TRULY FANTASTIC WORK BA! I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS UPDATE :)

2) A 'skip price gaps' option has been added to the one-click's custom column configuration. So when asking for the current best lay price + 1 tick with skip price gaps ticked, the column will now display the second best lay price. For the fourth 'best' price you'd use the best lay price + 3 ticks skipping price gaps. Works best when full market depth is refreshing at a high rate or exchange streaming is on.

...just seen this v1.51.1 update - gutted I've somehow missed this for the past month - the above number 2 update with 'skip price gaps' is truly EXCELLENT - hope everyone makes good use of this feature as much as I know I will.
Last edited by Tuco on Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:12 pm
...just seen this v1.51.1 update - gutted I've somehow missed this for the past month
It's ok you hadn't missed it, that build including the 'skip price gaps' feature has only been out for four days - we just updated the announcement text to include both the 1.51.0 and 1.51.1 features. Glad you like it!
LeTiss

Tremendous work again by the BA team - full of ideas, and happy to take on board ideas by others.

I suggest Theresa May gives Peter Webb a call - I'm sure he'd have Brexit wrapped up within 2 weeks
Tuco

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:44 pm
It's ok you hadn't missed it, that build including the 'skip price gaps' feature has only been out for four days - we just updated the announcement text to include both the 1.51.0 and 1.51.1 features. Glad you like it!
I AM SO HAPPY WITH THIS UPDATE!

-------------

A couple of words of caution to those new to creating and/or editing complex One-Click screens:

1) Save 'View' and then 'Settings' to your new chosen name to begin with.
2) Change stakes to £2 (or less) before you begin editing and then set 'Odds display' to Reverse and set 'By Liability (Lay only)' - this will prevent any unintentional clicks fired into the market that you didn't want being matched and if you do happen to do so without revese odds display it will mean you've only staked £2 (or less).
3) Take time to read through exactly what you are asking each custom column to do - when Odds display is set to reverse you should then click and check each custom column does what you are expecting it to do (naturally you will need to have selected the 'Allow Reversal' option in the column editor).
4) BetAngel is the best! ENJOY!
Last edited by Tuco on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john_boyuk

jimibt wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:07 pm
john_boyuk wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:49 pm
Tried to follow instructions on option 2 using services.msc but Startup type is greyed out and I can't access the drop down box to select Disabled
john - the issue is not related to java or anything else. the message was basically telling you that the installer couldn't continue due to some other installation being performed at the same time... suggest a fresh try at the base installation. java is not required for this application (it's .net based)

I have tried closing down and rebooting the laptop but when it's downloading the application the progress bar doesn't seem to reach the end before it has downloaded.. When I then try to install the application, I get the error message. It downloaded fine on my desktop pc
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

john_boyuk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:41 am
I have tried closing down and rebooting the laptop but when it's downloading the application the progress bar doesn't seem to reach the end before it has downloaded.. When I then try to install the application, I get the error message. It downloaded fine on my desktop pc
You could try using Windows System Restore to jump back to a previous restore point. It sounds like the installation before Bet Angel didn't complete properly, so if you restore back to before that point and try again, you should be ok.
smarttraderr

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:56 pm
Tremendous work again by the BA team - full of ideas, and happy to take on board ideas by others.

I suggest Theresa May gives Peter Webb a call - I'm sure he'd have Brexit wrapped up within 2 weeks
Yeah definitely this release is the best one so far. Good Work by the BA Team.

Yesterday I found new set of Information which we can be used on the Click on screen. You can basically show Runner's Form.. very useful for Horse Racing. Previously I had to flip back and forth between BA and my spreadsheet for this information. Here is my BA screen :)
BA Screen.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kqv91y

Only a minor thing but would like to see latest excel documents appear when selecting from guardian.
Love the main programme but feel guardian could be more user friendly for selecting markets..
megarain

[/quote]

Yesterday I found new set of Information which we can be used on the Click on screen. You can basically show Runner's Form.. very useful for Horse Racing. Previously I had to flip back and forth between BA and my spreadsheet for this information. Here is my BA screen :)

BA Screen.png
[/quote]

I love seeing other peoples set-ups, which is a great visual way of checking if u are using all the features. (not being picky, but, if your Back stake is blue, I think you would find it useful to have your back columns in the same color. You can change in one of the settings).

You sort of ask yourself, how did he do that ??

The examples drop-down box, in the new ladder editor, is a big addition. Sample layouts for the one-click screen, would also be nice.

I have often thought, layouts have a value. Not sure how much etc, but, if someone posted a picture of a layout, with maybe 50 stored values, it has to be worth .. something .. like 50 quid ?

I would encourage a space, where example layouts could be displayed/swopped etc.
Tuco

megarain wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:53 am
I love seeing other peoples set-ups, which is a great visual way of checking if u are using all the features. (not being picky, but, if your Back stake is blue, I think you would find it useful to have your back columns in the same color. You can change in one of the settings).
I think that screen layout of Smart Trader is only a lay screen setup with no options to back - correct me if I'm wrong Smart :)
LeTiss

Tuco wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:21 am
megarain wrote:
I think that screen layout of Smart Trader is only a lay screen setup with no options to back - correct me if I'm wrong Smart :)
That's certainly what it looks like to me.

I notice the layout is called 'UK Horse Racing', so that's obviously the strategy he employs on Racing
megarain

yes, he is only trying to lay.

But, here is what I think shud be blue :
BA Screen blue jpeg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JTEDL

megarain wrote:

I would encourage a space, where example layouts could be displayed/swopped etc.
Nice idea, how about a 'Pimp my one-click screen' thread?
smarttraderr

megarain wrote:

BA Screen.png
[/quote]

You sort of ask yourself, how did he do that ??

The examples drop-down box, in the new ladder editor, is a big addition. Sample layouts for the one-click screen, would also be nice.

I have often thought, layouts have a value. Not sure how much etc, but, if someone posted a picture of a layout, with maybe 50 stored values, it has to be worth .. something .. like 50 quid ?

[/quote]

Regarding the colour of the back columns, I have Lay only setting and that's why all Lay & Back columns are in red.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”