New beta version of Bet Angel v1.52.0 - Now on general release

firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:24 pm
You can run a search on Google and you'll a few sites listing them
https://www.betminded.com/countries-bet ... -8091.html

I'd have thought you'd want to use a VPS located here in the UK, then you'll have no connection problems and it will have a faster response time to the BF servers than if it was located in an eastern European country or even further away
Thanks for the Google pointer Dallas I'll have a look.

Yeah most will want a UK based VPS but I want one that falls within the definition of "Offshore" as I'm using it for many things other than BA/Betfair/betting related! ;) and that doesn't mean Isle of White! :) And as I said in my earlier post I should be just across the North Sea in Amsterdam assuming they have located me as requested. I'm not a trader so I'm not so interested in sharpest speed, the betting reason for the VPS is to run 24/7 software easily accessible from anywhere.

I often travel outside the EU (and maybe always if these MPs get their fingers out) where data can be expensive . Data in the UAE, Philippines, Seychelles can cost £5 per MB … yes MB! … with BT and yes I can get a local SIM card which I do but mobile data can still be expensive (Seychelles is £25 for 2GB) and you then need two phones since dual SIM phones became difficult to source because of the drug runners. The last time I needed to use the Internet while on a long haul flight it was £9.20 per MB :shock: So the more I can get done on the VPS and just use my device as a window on the VPS the less data usage from my device. I don't want to use my PC at home with a "GoTo" app because there will be nobody to re-boot it if needed and I find Win10 starts to slow up when you have databases running because of all the clutter they leave around and can cause it to freeze if a large data mine. At least with a VPS I have access to experts who can repair it if needed. But for most I agree with your point and if I cannot get BA to work on my VPS I will probably look for the cheapest, smallest resourced VPS in the UK and use it exclusively for BA.

I'm going to Holland on Thursday so will see if I have difficulties connecting to Betfair. If not then that leaves me confused why I cannot connect with BA because the link you gave advises Betfair is useable in both Holland and USA and my VPS should be based in Holland but may use a node in USA so I can't see the problem.
tootall

Set Modify a stored value in Event not working, the rule fires in automation but nothing is logged even though the option to log is selected. If set to market not event works OK,
I even tried it on one of Dallas examples (Signal Win Market Movers)
Dabbla

I got this error on the coupons tab in guardian. I cant remember if it was find markets or add apply.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:51 pm
I got this error on the coupons tab in guardian. I cant remember if it was find markets or add apply.
Could you tell me the Text Search criteria that you used in that 'Football Live' coupon and we'll try to recreate it.
Dabbla

Filter 1
Premier
Filter2
English Premier AND Relegation
Football Live.bcf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:26 am
Filter 1
Premier
Filter2
English Premier AND Relegation
Thanks. We've got a theory that it occurs when some of the markets that a still visible in the results set of the 'Coupon' page of Guardian are closed and settled on betfair and the main Market Tree is refreshed so that they are no longer contained within it. If the Coupon criteria contains a text search and those completely closed markets are added to the Watch List, then we think that'll trigger the exception. We should be able to test the theory using Horse Racing markets this afternoon and fix it.
tootall

tootall wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:37 pm
Set Modify a stored value in Event not working, the rule fires in automation but nothing is logged even though the option to log is selected. If set to market not event works OK,
I even tried it on one of Dallas examples (Signal Win Market Movers)
Any ideas on this.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

tootall wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:17 am
Any ideas on this.
Yes we've been looking at it this morning - confirmed that it is a bug in the beta and we'll issue a new build later today or tomorrow to fix it.
tootall

Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

New build has been uploaded (links in first post) to fix :-

- 'Stored Value at Event level' bug reported by tootall
- Exception thrown by Coupon population reported by Dabbla

(Dabbla - Regarding the Exception, we've been unable to recreate it using the markets available this afternoon, but based on the stack trace you provided, we're pretty confident that we've identified and fixed the bug. Just let us know if it happens again with this new build.)
Dabbla

Thanks
A quick question, Are the (add and apply) options at the bottom of the coupon supposed to be saveable?

These ones,
coupset.PNG
I keep catching myself out and deleting my saved list.
Don’t clear seems like a better default option if they don’t save.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:56 pm
A quick question, Are the (add and apply) options at the bottom of the coupon supposed to be saveable?
Yes they are, but you have to tell the Settings profile that you want it to save/update them:

settings.png
eightbo

Given dropdown 2. is conditional of 1. doesn't it make sense to show only the relevant 3 depending on if Back or Lay is selected initially?
Currently the user can select conflicting options.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

eightbo wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:05 pm
Given dropdown 2. is conditional of 1. doesn't it make sense to show only the relevant 3 depending on if Back or Lay is selected initially?
Currently the user can select conflicting options.
You can select different selections for 1 & 2 if you wish, so for instance you can test the money available to back on the 'current selection' at the best price (back or lay) of the Servant Context selection. Not saying that'd be a common choice, but rather than limit the options available we just kept the picklist open for users to try whichever combination they required.

I agree that for your particular setup of both 1 & 2 using the same Selection that some of the options of 2 would guarantee a £0.00 result, but seeing as the selection to be used for 2 is chosen after the price to be used, the options cannot be removed in advance. And we can't ask for the selection for 2 before the Price choice because they might chose the option that the price is entered directly (and therefore doesn't require an additional selection to be chosen). The joys of a flexible UI design!
Wolf1877

I've been getting a few cases of offset bets with greening in manual trading failing to trigger offset bets at the correct offset in the beta.
A few offset lay bets have triggered back bets at 1000 and back bets bets have triggered lay bets at 1.01.
I've uninstalled and reverted to the old version (1.51v2) for now.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”