Updated: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.53.1 - Now on general release

KJLP60

Hi BA,
Might it be possible to fix the bug of the ghost rules editor window popping up when Microsoft RDP is closed and re-opened?
It's not the end of the world but it's a little annoying.
Cheers,
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

KJLP60 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:16 am
Might it be possible to fix the bug of the ghost rules editor window popping up when Microsoft RDP is closed and re-opened?
Not seen that one before - could you send a video of it into support so that we can see what state the screen is in before RDP is closed and how it looks when reopened - a few screenshots would do if that's easier.
sniffer66

Anyone seen this issue lately ? Not sure if it's related to this beta, something local to me or BF but I keep getting stuck at the "Placing Bet" point.
Seen it about 15 times on tennis this week and thought it might be the 5 sec delay but it's now happened on the horses.
It just sits there, never placing the bet and I have to kill and restart BA before it will place a bet again :(
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sa7med

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:14 pm
BrianDee wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 am
And now, perhaps we can look forward to OR conditional handling??
Actually now that we've added the arrows to re-order the conditions, that would make supporting the OR'ing of conditions more feasible.
Up to now conditions have all been AND'd together, but perhaps we can add a grouping separator into the list so that only one group of conditions has to test True for the rule to trigger.

i.e. We'd be able to support: (a AND b AND c) OR (d AND e) OR (f AND g AND h)
(letters representing different conditions that you've configured)

So the conditions list might look like:
a
b
c
<OR group separator>
d
e
<OR group separator>
f
g
h

Would that be useful?
yes please!
eightbo

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:14 pm
BrianDee wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 am
And now, perhaps we can look forward to OR conditional handling??
Actually now that we've added the arrows to re-order the conditions, that would make supporting the OR'ing of conditions more feasible.
Up to now conditions have all been AND'd together, but perhaps we can add a grouping separator into the list so that only one group of conditions has to test True for the rule to trigger.

i.e. We'd be able to support: (a AND b AND c) OR (d AND e) OR (f AND g AND h)
(letters representing different conditions that you've configured)

So the conditions list might look like:
a
b
c
<OR group separator>
d
e
<OR group separator>
f
g
h

Would that be useful?
yeah, if testing for a variety of scenarios you currently have to duplicate existing rules over and over again just testing for 1 slightly different variable. The increased flexibility this would provide is immense. It'd be more efficient computing-wise & not to mention save a great deal of time for users.
KJLP60

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:07 pm
KJLP60 wrote:
Not seen that one before - could you send a video of it into support so that we can see what state the screen is in before RDP is closed and how it looks when reopened - a few screenshots would do if that's easier.
Will attempt to send pics over the next week or so. It usually happens once I've been into rules editor and save or change something, I'll then close the rules editor and keep running the same instance of Betangel. So, Guardian and the main screen are the two windows open and running in the background when I leave them, I might check half an hour later and theres a window that hasn't actually fully loaded, it's just a blank window that says rules editor and it's always maximised on the screen.
mcgoo

KJLP60 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:59 am
Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:07 pm
KJLP60 wrote:
Will attempt to send pics over the next week or so. It usually happens once I've been into rules editor and save or change something, I'll then close the rules editor and keep running the same instance of Betangel. So, Guardian and the main screen are the two windows open and running in the background when I leave them, I might check half an hour later and theres a window that hasn't actually fully loaded, it's just a blank window that says rules editor and it's always maximised on the screen.
See this often. Also if you have recently imported rules from another rule set (but have since closed all editor windows) and the RDP drops out and reconnects , the import window from the last ruleset you imported from is open and can't be closed until you open the rules editor, then try to close the import window(which fails to close) and then once you close the rules editor the screen returns to normal. Usually though it is simply a grey blank window open as described above.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Sounds like RDP caching an old image of the screen somehow - it shouldn't be able to reopen a window that has been closed, but we'll try some forced disconnects to see if we see the same thing. It doesn't sound like anything we could fix in the code though.
Are you both using Bet Angel VPS?

You could try experimenting with the 'Experience' options in the Remote Desktop Connection window to see if any of those settings change the behaviour.

When the ghosted window appears, what happens when you drag another screen over the top of it and then move it away again? Does it ghost window redraw itself as soon as the other window moves again?
kqv91y

Would it be possible to get stored values for event to be passed between the Greyhound F/C market and Win market .
If not possible due to way Betfair group events then surely we could have a couple of global variables that we could store within Bet Angel and could be accessed at anytime from a automation rule.
Thanks
MemphisFlash

+1
Dallas

Any suggestions are best being posted in their own thread in the suggestion area
viewforum.php?f=20

They will get lost, missed and forgotten very easily in this topic
Wolf1877

Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 pm
Any suggestions are best being posted in their own thread in the suggestion area
viewforum.php?f=20

Sure Dallas if you could move it then great
Dallas

Wolf1877 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:28 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 pm
viewforum.php?f=20

Sure Dallas if you could move it then great
Done
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19673
Wolf1877

I'm still getting this Ladder bug more often than not now where the ladder opens with the touch point at the top for all selection price ladders displayed.
One thing that I use that may not be widely used by other is in Bet Angel Settings > Ladder Settings > Additional Data (to display some shared stored values).
I just cloned my settings and removed the Additional Data and I havent seen the problem since - though it is early days.
So I'd suggest the developer sets up the Additional Data area to try to recreate the bug.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wolf1877 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:39 pm
I'm still getting this Ladder bug more often than not now where the ladder opens with the touch point at the top for all selection price ladders displayed.
One thing that I use that may not be widely used by other is in Bet Angel Settings > Ladder Settings > Additional Data (to display some shared stored values).
I just cloned my settings and removed the Additional Data and I havent seen the problem since - though it is early days.
So I'd suggest the developer sets up the Additional Data area to try to recreate the bug.
We've tried to recreate this using the Additional Information area and are still yet to see the issue. Could you export your settings and send them to us as a support ticket and we'll test with your exact settings.

To all: Has anyone else seen this issue?

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”