Updated: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.53.1 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

mcgoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:11 am
No not using BetAngel VPS
Will try some experience options but it seems to happen regardless if using multiple monitors or single and doesn't seem to have similar issues with other software or applications so not sure if network experience options will change anything
The ghosted window will stay in the background if you open the One Click screen, for example, but it won't go away until you open the rules editor and then close the editor
Not a biggie but curious :)
We haven't seen this ghosted window yet, but will keep looking.
Could you tell us the exact version and build number of the VPS you are using (Run 'winver' on the server to find out)?
KJLP60, if you could also give us that information, there might be a Windows version in common that'd help us see the issue.
spock

Wolf1877 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:03 am
I believe that I have now identified when the v1.53.1 Ladder Touch Point bug occurs and updated the support ticket with the probable code error and suggested fix.
Top Man Wolfy for persisting with this, many would have given up. This is the kind of feedback the developer needs to improve the product for all of us.
mcgoo

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:42 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:11 am
No not using BetAngel VPS
Will try some experience options but it seems to happen regardless if using multiple monitors or single and doesn't seem to have similar issues with other software or applications so not sure if network experience options will change anything
The ghosted window will stay in the background if you open the One Click screen, for example, but it won't go away until you open the rules editor and then close the editor
Not a biggie but curious :)
We haven't seen this ghosted window yet, but will keep looking.
Could you tell us the exact version and build number of the VPS you are using (Run 'winver' on the server to find out)?
KJLP60, if you could also give us that information, there might be a Windows version in common that'd help us see the issue.
Windows Server 2012
Version 6.3 (Build 9600)
Thanks for looking. Come to think of it I am running another VPS on on Windows Server 2016 and I can't recall seeing the issue on that :shock:
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

mcgoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:01 am
Windows Server 2012
Version 6.3 (Build 9600)
Thanks for looking. Come to think of it I am running another VPS on on Windows Server 2016 and I can't recall seeing the issue on that :shock:
It may be something peculiar with that particular build of Windows Server, we generally use Server 2016 now, but will look to test it and fix in the next version if it turns out to be something in the code that triggers it.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Version 1.53.1 is now on general release.
Apart from the fixes to the bugs spotted by Stats101 and Wolf1877 in this thread, the build is the same as the beta, so no urgency to reinstall.
mcgoo

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:05 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:01 am
Windows Server 2012
Version 6.3 (Build 9600)
It may be something peculiar with that particular build of Windows Server, we generally use Server 2016 now, but will look to test it and fix in the next version if it turns out to be something in the code that triggers it.
I stand corrected.Just seen it happen on 2016. Sorry . :shock: :)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

mcgoo wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:26 am
I stand corrected.Just seen it happen on 2016. Sorry . :shock: :)
Thanks for confirming.
If you could send screenshots of it (or a short video) into support, I'll attach them to the problem report, so that we know exactly what we're looking for and can compare with any other reports we receive.
sa7med

I usually get a ghosted Bet Angel window when I've opened the Bet Angel login screen but don't log in, then close a VPS and when I log into the VPS there's the ghosted window. Witnessed this on previous versions as well.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sa7med wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:11 am
I usually get a ghosted Bet Angel window when I've opened the Bet Angel login screen but don't log in, then close a VPS and when I log into the VPS there's the ghosted window. Witnessed this on previous versions as well.
I think when mcgoo talks about a ghosted window he means something slightly different - although we'll confirm when we see a screenshot.
What you describe is just the login screen timing-out and falling through to the main screen in a non-logged in state. Yes, it's been like that for many versions but as it does no harm (you're not connected to betfair) and is not the normal way of using Bet Angel (where you log-in fairly quickly), we've never dedicated the time to finding and fixing that bug.
sniffer66

Wolf1877 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:56 am
It would be great if Excel could be used to directly assign values into shared stored values.
This would allow Excel to calculate values for use in BAF Automation and Servant scripts that are running on the market.

I'd suggest that Excel column L could be used with a command in the format
SET_STORED_VAL:name=value

Market Shared Stored Values could be assigned via cell L6.
Selection Shared Stored Values could be assigned in cells L9:L67 (odd row numbers only)

Here is an example of how an assignment would look in the excel sheet.

stored_val_suggestion.png
Just found Wolfs request, after posting on the same question earlier today. Can I add my vote in for this as an enhancement please. Would be incredibly useful.

Thanks
lotora

Suggestion for future versions: To be able to automatically trade WITHIN a tiebreak
Westerner

ISSUE:

Not sure if you are aware of this, so thought I'd post to let you know just in case, but in cricket markets the 'Over LINE' markets aren't displayed properly on the ladder.

On these markets the back/lay prices should be replaced with the TOTAL RUNS amount e.g. 250.5

If you load a cricket market when in-play and take a look at these markets it will become obvious very quickly what I'm trying to describe :D

Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Westerner wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:28 am
Not sure if you are aware of this, so thought I'd post to let you know just in case, but in cricket markets the 'Over LINE' markets aren't displayed properly on the ladder.
On these markets the back/lay prices should be replaced with the TOTAL RUNS amount e.g. 250.5
We don't currently support the Cricket Line markets. With their concept of price increments every 0.5 and all bets being placed at odds of 2.0 with this additional 'Runs' parameter, it doesn't fit well into the normal interface and would require code changes in many places to properly support it. There has never been enough cusomter demand to warrant the development work.
hedgeupgreen

An chance BA will support High DPI displays anytime soon?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

hedgeupgreen wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:20 pm
An chance BA will support High DPI displays anytime soon?
Similar answer to the last one - the lack of demand doesn't justify the development effort. However, we fully support high resolution monitors on Windows 10 because you can apply the Windows display scaling percentage to increase the size of the fonts when it's too small to read.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”