Updated: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.53.1 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sionascaig wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:53 pm
Just checking if I'm not missing a trick here:

If I have say three unmatched bets in the market I can tell using the above what the "latest" matched bet info is but can't relate that info to a specific unmatched bet if multiple unmatched bets are matched in a very short space of time?

e.g. there is a spike and the three unmatched bets are taken then, say bet reference for the third bet is available but info for 1st & 2nd lost?

Ideally, I want to know the matched bet info for every matched bet but there may be circumstances when this info is not available?
No just the 'latest' one for each selection is available to Automation. 'latest' being determined using the timestamp applied to the bet by betfair when money was last matched on it.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wolf1877 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:30 pm
Ladder display question for the new beta version.

Sometimes when I open the ladder for a racing market in the v1.53.1 beta, instead of the ladder being centred as previously the ladder is centred on the top ladder row displayed.
i.e. prices below the touch point are displayed but no prices above the touch point for each selection.
Easily reset to centre by pressing Enter.

Is this a bug or a deliberate feature?
Sound like a bug, but not one we've seen ourselves or had reported seperately. If you could experiment a bit and find a scenario that triggers it reliably that'd be helpful for us for recreation.
If not, just let us know more details about your setup. e.g. do you switch markets manually? Do you first have them loaded into Guardian? Are you opening the market into the ladder on the main screen or spawning a ladder in a seperate window? When you say 'sometimes', how frequently does it happen? Is it any type of market or only a certain sport type from a certain country?

Thanks.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Stats101 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:30 pm
I updated to version 1.53.1 today (from 1.51), but seem to be having a slight problem with the one-click screen.

When I change to a new market, for the first 10 seconds or so, the rows of the screen reorder based upon the movement of my cursor. I have noticed this happens in particular when the cursor moves across the header row. This stops approximately 10 seconds after switching markets.

Can anyone advise why this is happening?
Could share a video of it with us in support and we'll have a look. Are the little sort indicators on the column headers (up/down arrows) moving from column to column as you move the mouse across?
Stats101

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:53 pm
Stats101 wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:30 pm
I updated to version 1.53.1 today (from 1.51), but seem to be having a slight problem with the one-click screen.

When I change to a new market, for the first 10 seconds or so, the rows of the screen reorder based upon the movement of my cursor. I have noticed this happens in particular when the cursor moves across the header row. This stops approximately 10 seconds after switching markets.

Can anyone advise why this is happening?
Could share a video of it with us in support and we'll have a look. Are the little sort indicators on the column headers (up/down arrows) moving from column to column as you move the mouse across?
Thanks for the reply.

I have investigated the problem further, and it seems to only happen when I am sorting the rows by 'volume'. When it happens, the little sort arrows do not move and the problem only occurs for about 10 seconds after switching market.

I use the both the regular version and the server edition and it happens in both.

If you need further information, I will be able to capture screen recording, but probably not until tomorrow evening. If so, where is best to send this?
Wolf1877

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 pm
Sound like a bug, but not one we've seen ourselves or had reported seperately. If you could experiment a bit and find a scenario that triggers it reliably that'd be helpful for us for recreation.
If not, just let us know more details about your setup. e.g. do you switch markets manually? Do you first have them loaded into Guardian? Are you opening the market into the ladder on the main screen or spawning a ladder in a seperate window? When you say 'sometimes', how frequently does it happen? Is it any type of market or only a certain sport type from a certain country?

Thanks.
I have not been able to notice a pattern as to when it happens and therefore I am not able to reproduce at will. I will try to pay more attention tomorrow.
I load the days racing markets into Guardian and click manually into markets via Guardian > One Click screen > Ladder screen.
This particular instance of Bet Angel Guardian I use to manually trade and review markets does not have excel open. I run Servants sometimes but usually not Guardian Automation Rules.
I can visit a market hours before the off and then revisit an hour or two later and I think this tends to happen on markets I am revisiting but I'm not 100% sure so I'll pay more attention tomorrow.
Wolf1877

Re Ladder issue

I was just flicking around Tuedays Markets - mostly without issues then suddenly it happened again - see cropped screenshot
It rules out any links to having run servants at least. It just seems to affect markets at random.
After getting this screen I went into another market and then back to this one and all OK.
Ladder.png

...... just happened again. Different market.
Ladder2.png
Basically it just seems completely random.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wolf1877

Ladder centre issue

One unusual thing that I do is that I sometimes use Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) from another PC to connect into the PC running v1.53.1. The primary monitor size on the PC i connect from is 1920 x 1200 while the primary monitor size on the PC running v1.53.1 is 1920 x 1080. The ladder then contains more rows when I use Bet Angel via RDP from the 1920 x 1200 PC.

I'm just wondering if the alternating monitor size (because of RDP) might possibly be confusing the v1.53.1 Bet Angel instance so it screws up the ladder display range. I should add the issue comes and goes at random even when I havent used RDP for hours.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wolf1877 wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:20 am
I'm just wondering if the alternating monitor size (because of RDP) might possibly be confusing the v1.53.1 Bet Angel instance so it screws up the ladder display range. I should add the issue comes and goes at random even when I havent used RDP for hours.
It could be that. Resizing the ladder screen will not automatically re-centre each ladder as that could be quite annoying if someone is working away from the touch price and just rearranges the screen a bit. We'll try to recreate the issue here without resizing the screen, but could you keep an eye on it for the next few days to see if it only happens when the current market is switched from one screen size to the other.
Wolf1877

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:56 am
It could be that. Resizing the ladder screen will not automatically re-centre each ladder as that could be quite annoying if someone is working away from the touch price and just rearranges the screen a bit. We'll try to recreate the issue here without resizing the screen, but could you keep an eye on it for the next few days to see if it only happens when the current market is switched from one screen size to the other.
Issue is still happening for me but I dont think its to do with RDP. It just seems random. Happened a few times today when I hadnt used RDP at all on the affected instance. No common pattern noticed though.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wolf1877 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:51 pm
Issue is still happening for me but I dont think its to do with RDP. It just seems random. Happened a few times today when I hadnt used RDP at all on the affected instance. No common pattern noticed though.
We haven't been able to recreate it here yet, but will continue to try. Do you ever change screen layout profiles (or settings profiles) mid trading session, or do you just set up the screen and the start of the day and leave it as is? We're just trying to limit the scope for testing.

When it does occur, is it always as soon as you switch into the market? Or does it sometimes occur on a market that is at first looking centred on the ladder, only to find it suddenly jumps out of position.
KJLP60

Hi BA,
Might it be possible to fix the bug of the ghost rules editor window popping up when Microsoft RDP is closed and re-opened?
It's not the end of the world but it's a little annoying.
Cheers,
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

KJLP60 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:16 am
Might it be possible to fix the bug of the ghost rules editor window popping up when Microsoft RDP is closed and re-opened?
It's not the end of the world but it's a little annoying.
Not seen that one before - could you send a video of it into support so that we can see what state the screen is in before RDP is closed and how it looks when reopened - a few screenshots would do if that's easier.
sniffer66

Anyone seen this issue lately ? Not sure if it's related to this beta, something local to me or BF but I keep getting stuck at the "Placing Bet" point.
Seen it about 15 times on tennis this week and thought it might be the 5 sec delay but it's now happened on the horses.
It just sits there, never placing the bet and I have to kill and restart BA before it will place a bet again :(
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sa7med

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:14 pm
BrianDee wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 am
And now, perhaps we can look forward to OR conditional handling??
Actually now that we've added the arrows to re-order the conditions, that would make supporting the OR'ing of conditions more feasible.
Up to now conditions have all been AND'd together, but perhaps we can add a grouping separator into the list so that only one group of conditions has to test True for the rule to trigger.

i.e. We'd be able to support: (a AND b AND c) OR (d AND e) OR (f AND g AND h)
(letters representing different conditions that you've configured)

So the conditions list might look like:
a
b
c
<OR group separator>
d
e
<OR group separator>
f
g
h

Would that be useful?
yes please!
eightbo

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:14 pm
BrianDee wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:28 am
And now, perhaps we can look forward to OR conditional handling??
Actually now that we've added the arrows to re-order the conditions, that would make supporting the OR'ing of conditions more feasible.
Up to now conditions have all been AND'd together, but perhaps we can add a grouping separator into the list so that only one group of conditions has to test True for the rule to trigger.

i.e. We'd be able to support: (a AND b AND c) OR (d AND e) OR (f AND g AND h)
(letters representing different conditions that you've configured)

So the conditions list might look like:
a
b
c
<OR group separator>
d
e
<OR group separator>
f
g
h

Would that be useful?
yeah, if testing for a variety of scenarios you currently have to duplicate existing rules over and over again just testing for 1 slightly different variable. The increased flexibility this would provide is immense. It'd be more efficient computing-wise & not to mention save a great deal of time for users.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”