Updated: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.53.1 - Now on general release

Dallas

Any suggestions are best being posted in their own thread in the suggestion area
viewforum.php?f=20

They will get lost, missed and forgotten very easily in this topic
Wolf1877

Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 pm
Any suggestions are best being posted in their own thread in the suggestion area
viewforum.php?f=20

Sure Dallas if you could move it then great
Dallas

Wolf1877 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:28 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 pm
viewforum.php?f=20

Sure Dallas if you could move it then great
Done
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19673
Wolf1877

I'm still getting this Ladder bug more often than not now where the ladder opens with the touch point at the top for all selection price ladders displayed.
One thing that I use that may not be widely used by other is in Bet Angel Settings > Ladder Settings > Additional Data (to display some shared stored values).
I just cloned my settings and removed the Additional Data and I havent seen the problem since - though it is early days.
So I'd suggest the developer sets up the Additional Data area to try to recreate the bug.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wolf1877 wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:39 pm
I'm still getting this Ladder bug more often than not now where the ladder opens with the touch point at the top for all selection price ladders displayed.
One thing that I use that may not be widely used by other is in Bet Angel Settings > Ladder Settings > Additional Data (to display some shared stored values).
I just cloned my settings and removed the Additional Data and I havent seen the problem since - though it is early days.
So I'd suggest the developer sets up the Additional Data area to try to recreate the bug.
We've tried to recreate this using the Additional Information area and are still yet to see the issue. Could you export your settings and send them to us as a support ticket and we'll test with your exact settings.

To all: Has anyone else seen this issue?
Wolf1877

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:38 pm
Could you export your settings and send them to us as a support ticket and we'll test with your exact settings.
....done.

Exact route I use into markets is load days UK/Ireland race win markets into Guardian, then from Guardian list > One Click > Ladder and problem occurs immediately.
Note it is not every market & it seems to vary day by day.
Shared stored values displayed in additional area do not need to be set for issue to occur.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wolf1877 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:46 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:38 pm
Could you export your settings and send them to us as a support ticket and we'll test with your exact settings.
....done.
Thanks, we've got those files and will try to recreate.
mcgoo

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:42 pm
Sounds like RDP caching an old image of the screen somehow - it shouldn't be able to reopen a window that has been closed, but we'll try some forced disconnects to see if we see the same thing. It doesn't sound like anything we could fix in the code though.
Are you both using Bet Angel VPS?

You could try experimenting with the 'Experience' options in the Remote Desktop Connection window to see if any of those settings change the behaviour.

When the ghosted window appears, what happens when you drag another screen over the top of it and then move it away again? Does it ghost window redraw itself as soon as the other window moves again?
No not using BetAngel VPS
Will try some experience options but it seems to happen regardless if using multiple monitors or single and doesn't seem to have similar issues with other software or applications so not sure if network experience options will change anything
The ghosted window will stay in the background if you open the One Click screen, for example, but it won't go away until you open the rules editor and then close the editor
Not a biggie but curious :)
Wolf1877

I believe that I have now identified when the v1.53.1 Ladder Touch Point bug occurs and updated the support ticket with the probable code error and suggested fix.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wolf1877 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:03 am
I believe that I have now identified when the v1.53.1 Ladder Touch Point bug occurs and updated the support ticket with the probable code error and suggested fix.
This has now been fixed and the download links in the first post have been updated. For everyone's info: the bug of the ladder not finding the centre price properly would only occur if the screen was minimised before changing to a new market.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

mcgoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:11 am
Will try some experience options but it seems to happen regardless if using multiple monitors or single and doesn't seem to have similar issues with other software or applications so not sure if network experience options will change anything
The ghosted window will stay in the background if you open the One Click screen, for example, but it won't go away until you open the rules editor and then close the editor
We haven't seen this ghosted window yet, but will keep looking.
Could you tell us the exact version and build number of the VPS you are using (Run 'winver' on the server to find out)?
KJLP60, if you could also give us that information, there might be a Windows version in common that'd help us see the issue.
spock

Wolf1877 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:03 am
Top Man Wolfy for persisting with this, many would have given up. This is the kind of feedback the developer needs to improve the product for all of us.
mcgoo

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:42 pm
mcgoo wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:11 am
We haven't seen this ghosted window yet, but will keep looking.
Could you tell us the exact version and build number of the VPS you are using (Run 'winver' on the server to find out)?
KJLP60, if you could also give us that information, there might be a Windows version in common that'd help us see the issue.
Windows Server 2012
Version 6.3 (Build 9600)
Thanks for looking. Come to think of it I am running another VPS on on Windows Server 2016 and I can't recall seeing the issue on that :shock:
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

mcgoo wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:01 am
Windows Server 2012
Version 6.3 (Build 9600)
Thanks for looking. Come to think of it I am running another VPS on on Windows Server 2016 and I can't recall seeing the issue on that :shock:
It may be something peculiar with that particular build of Windows Server, we generally use Server 2016 now, but will look to test it and fix in the next version if it turns out to be something in the code that triggers it.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Version 1.53.1 is now on general release.
Apart from the fixes to the bugs spotted by Stats101 and Wolf1877 in this thread, the build is the same as the beta, so no urgency to reinstall.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”