Updated: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.54.0 - Now on general release

Wolf1877

49ers wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:45 pm
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is me or not but there might be a potential bug in the software so just wanted to check?

I'm trying to set a shared stored value with the price of the most recent matched bet but it doesn't seem to be working, nothing is recorded in the Log file and the SV value remains at 0. I have the rule set to trigger just once as I want to record the opened bet odds on the runner (Set/Modify Stored Value Only) hence there are no conditions.
Stored_Values.png

Does anybody else experience the same thing?

Thanks
49ers wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:31 am
Thanks for your reply. What I'm trying to do is record the opening odds of the first bet on a selection not the market so I don't think this would work?

I have several servants running on different runners and when a position is opened I want to record the odds of the first matched bet. I thought that this condition would work for this but it just isn't storing a value hence my checking to see if this is potentially a bug? I could do this in Excel but it seems more simple to use BA if possible?
I've set up a similar servant and done a test and it works exactly as I expected and there is no bug.
If I run the servant on a selection where I have already had a matched bet it sets my previously unset SV with the odds of MY last matched bet on the selection.
If I run the servant on a selection where I have not had a a matched bet it sets my previously unset SV with 0 .

Your first post said that you have set up a rule to execute once with no conditions. Your second post mentions that your rule is in a manually started servant.

So immediately you start your servant your rule will trigger and it will assign THE PRICE OF YOUR MOST RECENT MATCHED BET or ZERO (if you havent already had a matched bet) into the SV. Then the rule will never run again as it runs once only. If you only want to run the rule after your first bet is matched then you need to set a "Number of Matched Bets" > 0 condition. If you wanted to capture the price of the first trade for the selection (regardless of if it is one your own trades) then you need to assign Last Traded Price into your SV and add a condition that Volume of the Selection > 0.
Last edited by Wolf1877 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
49ers

Brilliant! Thank you so much for you reply.

All the best
RalfusDawes

Bet Angel wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:32 pm
Wolf1877 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:02 pm
Any info on what changes are included in BetDAQ v1.28.2 or is it just the expiry date extended?
Expiry date, plus we patched in Betdaq's charts from the web page when you click the runner name. They aren't great, because the chart animates as it draws and the scrollbar overlaps the text, but that's just how they are hosted by Betdaq..... better than nothing!
Thanks for this Team BA, the graphs are a heck of a lot better than nothing!

With the Betdaq version, Win Or Each Way markets are listed, but are never populated with any money. There is no Each Way market available through Bet Angel, but it is available via the website, and through other software (Win Or Each Way and Each Way markets are available, helpfully with exactly the same menu name...). Any chance you could add Each Way markets to the Market Selections?

Cheers
Dabbla

Im pretty sure there’s a bug with the SV condition, for the second time this week, as soon as I have used a SV condition in a rule the rule has not fired as it should. It seems ok on its own but with other conditions it fails.
It’s simple condition it should just = 1 but does not work.
I have added the file hopefully someone can have a look assess.

It’s the last rule that will not fire (SHOW ME BETS BACK (3))
I have put some numbers in ( ) at the end of some of the rules name. , this indicates the condition triggers for the conditions in the rule that’s not firing.
It will need to be tested on a market that has a gap of 1 or more ticks between any selection.

TEST.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Dabbla wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:05 am
Im pretty sure there’s a bug with the SV condition, for the second time this week, as soon as I have used a SV condition in a rule the rule has not fired as it should. It seems ok on its own but with other conditions it fails.
It’s simple condition it should just = 1 but does not work.
I have added the file hopefully someone can have a look assess.

It’s the last rule that will not fire (SHOW ME BETS BACK (3))
I have put some numbers in ( ) at the end of some of the rules name. , this indicates the condition triggers for the conditions in the rule that’s not firing.
It will need to be tested on a market that has a gap of 1 or more ticks between any selection.

TEST.baf
Its triggering ok here, perhaps you've just been looking at the log file as i noticed on the (SHOW ME BETS BACK (3) rule you don't have the 'Note signal changes in market log' ticked for the signal it sets

Guardian.JPG

Once ticked

Log1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

I was looking at Guardian, but you have help me crack the problem.
The SV should trigger against all selections that meet criteria but was only set to trigger once.

Cheers Dallas
salmanim140i

Hi all,

I have downloaded this and installed the new version. 

However when I go to run an automation over a period of time and then come back to it, the software seems to have bombed out and closed it self down. All my other applications are still up and running but bet angel has shut it self down?

I did just load it on top of the other software? Should I have uninstalled the lot and reinstall??

Any ideas?

Thanks
Jukebox

Dear BA - sorry to post here but I have misplaced the private e-mail address supplied.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the team in the BA office for inviting me to take part in the early testing for the next version of BA Pro
Some of the new features have been quite eye-opening. The feature I've found most useful has been the abilty to display stored values on the trading screens coupled with the range of stored values available and whilst that isn't new - until now I've only been able to display Projected SP in pre-play markets or Actual SP in the in-play markets. Making Actual SP available to the pre-play market in this test version has been a major breakthrough for my trading. Instead of opening a trade and nervously hoping that the market will move in the direction I hope to close at I can now open with full confidence of where the Actual SP will be.

As discussed I don't think this should be made available for general release until the ramifications and impact to future markets have been fully considered.
jimibt

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:03 am
Dear BA - sorry to post here but I have misplaced the private e-mail address supplied.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the team in the BA office for inviting me to take part in the early testing for the next version of BA Pro
Some of the new features have been quite eye-opening. The feature I've found most useful has been the abilty to display stored values on the trading screens coupled with the range of stored values available and whilst that isn't new - until now I've only been able to display Projected SP in pre-play markets or Actual SP in the in-play markets. Making Actual SP available to the pre-play market in this test version has been a major breakthrough for my trading. Instead of opening a trade and nervously hoping that the market will move in the direction I hope to close at I can now open with full confidence of where the Actual SP will be.

As discussed I don't think this should be made available for general release until the ramifications and impact to future markets have been fully considered.
amazing -i think i need *A Roof Pill* after that - lol

[edit] - btw, i think the working title of the new version that you trialed is: Oaf Ill Pro
sniffer66

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:03 am

Sounds great. I assume this was a feature only previously available to Peter, Dallas and the app devs ?
Can't wait to try it out ;)
Archery1969

I this an April fools joke by any chance ?

"Instead of opening a trade and nervously hoping that the market will move in the direction I hope to close at I can now open with full confidence of where the Actual SP will be."
Jukebox

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:28 pm
Sounds great. I assume this was a feature only previously available to Peter, Dallas and the app devs ?
Can't wait to try it out ;)
I think it is reasonable to assume that the version has been put through the wringer by a select few before being released to a second wave of wider tesing.
Jukebox

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:49 pm

"Instead of opening a trade and nervously hoping that the market will move in the direction I hope to close at I can now open with full confidence of where the Actual SP will be."
Its actually a development of the previous method of setting the computer clock forward by 30 seconds to allow the Actual SP to become available to the API ahead of the actual off.
Archery1969

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:56 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

Its actually a development of the previous method of setting the computer clock forward by 30 seconds to allow the Actual SP to become available to the API ahead of the actual off.
:lol:
sniffer66

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:56 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

I hadn't even considered that. I went down the route of not syncing my PC with an NTP server for British Summer Time and living with a decent profit in the summer and terrible results in the winter :(

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”