New version of Bet Angel v1.54.1 - recovery from API issues

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We are pleased to announce a special release of Bet Angel Professional is available v1.54.1.

There are no new features in this release, but it contains a number of communication enhancements to safeguard against some of the betfair API issues that have occurred in recent weeks.

Betfair have been actively investigating and fixing issues as they've been reported, but we have taken this opportunity to add code to Bet Angel to spot issues with the feedback of bet information and make additional calls to attempt to recover from them.

If you've had any issues with bets not appearing/filling when expected (when using exchange streaming), fill or kill bets unable to determine if a bet was matched, or incorrect P&L following a horse withdrawal or voided Soccer bets, then we'd recommend that you install this version.

Download it from here: - https://www.betangel.com/securedownloads/BAP_1_54_1.exe

Bet Angel VPS only version: - https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... 1_54_1.exe

To install the VPS version to a server, please make sure you are aware of the following procedures for installing software on a VPS: -

https://betangel.kayako.com/article/207 ... -on-my-vps
Tuco

Thanks for the updates BA - keep them coming! (as needed)

One simple additional feature I'd like to be considered is as follows:

In the one-click custom column editor, in the general section we have the option to 'cancel selection's unmatched back and/or lay bets.'

On the line below it would be very useful to also have the option to 'cancel ALL OTHER selection's unmatched back and/or lay bets.'

In the case where I'm backing a selection, I select to 'cancel selection's unmatched lay bets' but I'd also like to select to 'cancel ALL OTHER selection's unmatched back bets' as those would be losing bets when I use the column in-play - always annoying firing a back bet in on a selection only to also have some back bets taken on selections that can't win.
Tuco

...however, the additional line would also need to specifically ask whether the user wishes to 'allow reversal' because in the case of laying the selection and cancelling it's unmatched BACK bets, it does NOT follow that I would also want to cancel all other selections LAY bets.
salmanim140i

Hi all,

I have downloaded this and installed the new version.

However when I go to run an automation over a period of time and then come back to it, the software seems to have bombed out and closed it self down. All my other applications are still up and running but bet angel has shut it self down?

I did just load it on top of the other software? Should I have uninstalled the lot and reinstall??

Any ideas?

Thanks
CallumPerry

Brilliant! Thank you Bet Angel team! :D I'll give this a try over the weekend!
jamesedwards

Hi all, I've been a Pro user for 18 months now and I've never updated my BA software. I'm keen to upgrade to the latest version now as I want to have a fiddle with spreadsheet automation.

But I'm a little scared to take the plunge. Does it keep all my settings, guardian rules, screen layouts etc? I'm sure the answer is yes but I would appreciate some confidence. Should I back anything up before I try and upgrade? Is there anything that I should consider I might lose?
Tuco

Good practice says you should create a restore point prior to changing anything on your PC, and/or take a backup.

That said, I've NEVER experienced any problems when updating BA and I always do so as soon as there is an update to do. I'm hoping for a few updates in the next version.

So to answer your question, there is nothing to fear - all of your settings will be saved (you can export your layout and settings options to a USB dongle for safe keeping).
jamesedwards

Tuco wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 2:15 am
Good practice says you should create a restore point prior to changing anything on your PC, and/or take a backup.

That said, I've NEVER experienced any problems when updating BA and I always do so as soon as there is an update to do. I'm hoping for a few updates in the next version.

So to answer your question, there is nothing to fear - all of your settings will be saved (you can export your layout and settings options to a USB dongle for safe keeping).
Thanks.
jamesedwards

I had no problems with my update to v1.54.1. One very minor bug is when I bring up the 'Price & Volume' charts from any selection in the 'one-click' screen the charts open with the window narrowed by about 50%. They can easily be dragged out to usual width but it is a mild irritation.
jamesedwards

I don;t know how much memory BA was using before I updated to 1.54.1 but it is now using around 900mb. Does this sound right?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jameegray1 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:46 pm
I had no problems with my update to v1.54.1. One very minor bug is when I bring up the 'Price & Volume' charts from any selection in the 'one-click' screen the charts open with the window narrowed by about 50%. They can easily be dragged out to usual width but it is a mild irritation.
Sounds like the state of the layout & settings profile are out of sync. Maybe open all the charts you require, arrange them to suitable size & width and then save layout & settings profiles to capture the state.
jameegray1 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:18 pm
I don;t know how much memory BA was using before I updated to 1.54.1 but it is now using around 900mb. Does this sound right?
Depends how many markets you have open for how long..... memory grows as more chart price history is captured.
jamesedwards

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:35 pm
jameegray1 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 10:46 pm
Sounds like the state of the layout & settings profile are out of sync. Maybe open all the charts you require, arrange them to suitable size & width and then save layout & settings profiles to capture the state.
jameegray1 wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 1:18 pm
Depends how many markets you have open for how long..... memory grows as more chart price history is captured.
That worked. Thanks!
longmot

Hi, does the work around increase the transaction count? Do you know what has changed? Thanks
Dallas

longmot wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:27 am
Hi, does the work around increase the transaction count? Do you know what has changed? Thanks
I think its this thread your looking for
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=20378
tennistaxi

Hi,
I have updated by downloading the new version. My previous version was quite old, but in Guardian, it allowed me to click and drag to highlight markets. I used this to delete or apply rules to them.

However, the new version only seems to allow me to click on one market only. The drag feature is gone, so I have to use the keyboard to highlight them with the cursor key. I have tried this on two separate computer's.

Has this feature been taken out on the new version, or is there a setting that I can change?

Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”