New beta version of Bet Angel v1.55.0 - now on general release

jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:22 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:30 pm
any *news* on the suggestion by Anbell a wee while back to have a default value for SV's, so that they don't present null values during arithmetic/display??
You'll need to explicitly initialise the SVs with the required default value as the first rule to be triggered. No plans at the moment to add extra parameters for each SV to have a default value if not set.
yeah, i currently do just that. i have an *Init* rule that sets default values of the correct type for all SV's used in the workflow.

would be nice to have Default options - tho not a huge inconvenience to setup as mentioned manually.
jamesedwards

Hi, I'm just getting to grips with new 1.55.0. Love all the changes I've encountered so far apart from one, which is the new structure for logs which are now in pages. I thought at first it was one page for each market (which would be great) but I've found the way markets are stretched across more than one page tough to get to grips with.
Anbell

jameegray1 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:00 pm
Hi, I'm just getting to grips with new 1.55.0. Love all the changes I've encountered so far apart from one, which is the new structure for logs which are now in pages. I thought at first it was one page for each market (which would be great) but I've found the way markets are stretched across more than one page tough to get to grips with.
I just hit the COPY TO CLIPBOARD link and paste in Notepad
firlandsfarm

Thanks for replying Dallas and I think I have solved it by trial and error.
Dallas wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:25 pm
When it triggers it does so on every selection that meets your conditions, it then won't trigger on any of them again until it rearms.
Yes I understand that but what I was really asking is when you select Trigger 1 time on EVERY selection does the rule will stay active until it has triggered on every selection regardless of how many selections that rule has previously triggered on. I'm probably not putting this across very well … say there is a condition that Back Price must be less than 10 and in running. Some runners will trigger immediately as they start at less than 10 but the others will continue to be tested until they individually fall below 10 (if ever), yes?

So my next question was, if so then how frequently will the runners the rule has not yet triggered be re-tested? Will they be under constant watch say every 20ms if that's your refresh rate or say 5 seconds in that's your rearm rate? The reason is to understand if the Rearm rate is relevant when using EVERY selection if only 1 Trigger! Am I making sense?! :shock:
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:06 pm

Yes I understand that but what I was really asking is when you select Trigger 1 time on EVERY selection does the rule will stay active until it has triggered on every selection regardless of how many selections that rule has previously triggered on. I'm probably not putting this across very well … say there is a condition that Back Price must be less than 10 and in running. Some runners will trigger immediately as they start at less than 10 but the others will continue to be tested until they individually fall below 10 (if ever), yes?
No, it will only trigger on the selections that meet your criteria (have a back price less than 10 and its in-play), at the time it triggers.

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:06 pm

So my next question was, if so then how frequently will the runners the rule has not yet triggered be re-tested? Will they be under constant watch say every 20ms if that's your refresh rate or say 5 seconds in that's your rearm rate? The reason is to understand if the Rearm rate is relevant when using EVERY selection if only 1 Trigger! Am I making sense?! :shock:
So you don't need to worry about that part

1 trigger = check every selection and bet or do whatever the rule is meant to do on every selection that fits your conditions at that time, doesn't matter what happens after that those not included will be left out - unless the rule is set to trigger a 2nd time and they meet the conditions then
chucknorris

just using the log to record some bet data to use in excel after the day.. has anyone got some sort of excel template that filters the price information a bit better, or should i work on one from scratch?

(theres a dead link in the blog post hotlinked as 'forum') https://www.betangelacademy.com/bet-ang ... ory-lists/
Pavarotti

I need some advice. I have just updated to v1.55.0. Why can I not populate all racing markets at once ? I have to go to select a market and it only lets me put 1 market in at a time.
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:23 pm
No, it will only trigger on the selections that meet your criteria (have a back price less than 10 and its in-play), at the time it triggers.
OK, got it … so if I want it to trigger just once on every selection I need to re-arm regularly to ask it to keep checking for compliance with the Conditions and have a signal set when a selection is acted on. The same as when using Any Selection. That would explain why I couldn't figure out why the BOT was behaving as it was. Thanks Dallas. :)
firlandsfarm

I am having an unexpected outcome from a BOT. The BOT works In-Running, uses the EVERY selection option and sets a Signal when the conditions are complied with (yes, it's the same BOT that gave rise to my question above but I don't think the problem is related :) ). On occasions the Log shows the Signal has been set but no bet has been placed. I've looked in Settled, Cancelled, Lapsed and Voided lists from Betfair but cannot find them. It only happens occasionally say 10 times or so in maybe 1,000 bets in a day so not critical but I was just wondering what may be causing it.
Anbell

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:28 am
I am having an unexpected outcome from a BOT. The BOT works In-Running, uses the EVERY selection option and sets a Signal when the conditions are complied with (yes, it's the same BOT that gave rise to my question above but I don't think the problem is related :) ). On occasions the Log shows the Signal has been set but no bet has been placed. I've looked in Settled, Cancelled, Lapsed and Voided lists from Betfair but cannot find them. It only happens occasionally say 10 times or so in maybe 1,000 bets in a day so not critical but I was just wondering what may be causing it.
Are you hitting the SP minimums?
firlandsfarm

Anbell wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:34 am
Are you hitting the SP minimums?
Hi Anbell … No, they are all In-Running. But yes, they are below the £2 minimum bet because I am first live testing a new BOT … But so are the other 990 bets! :) But minimums are worth a thought so I'll see if there is any correlation between them, thanks for getting the grey matter active.
Pavarotti

How do I place multiple markets into guardian ? It used to be easy with market selection in the previous version of bet angel.
Dallas

chucknorris wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:12 pm
just using the log to record some bet data to use in excel after the day.. has anyone got some sort of excel template that filters the price information a bit better, or should i work on one from scratch?

(theres a dead link in the blog post hotlinked as 'forum') https://www.betangelacademy.com/bet-ang ... ory-lists/
Can you confirm which link?

I just tried the one highlighted near the bottom of the page and thats opening the correct forum page
Link.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Pavarotti wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:33 pm
I need some advice. I have just updated to v1.55.0. Why can I not populate all racing markets at once ? I have to go to select a market and it only lets me put 1 market in at a time.
Pavarotti wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:40 pm
How do I place multiple markets into guardian ? It used to be easy with market selection in the previous version of bet angel.

There hasn't been any changes to the ways markets are populated (nor anything new added in that area in this version) so not sure what it is your seeing or which option you are using to add them?
For UK, IRE, AUS and US markets you still just tick them on the racing tab and click 'add'

If you could confirm which market selection tab you are using and perhaps include a screenshot? that might help further
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:20 am
Dallas wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:23 pm
OK, got it … so if I want it to trigger just once on every selection I need to re-arm regularly to ask it to keep checking for compliance with the Conditions and have a signal set when a selection is acted on. The same as when using Any Selection. That would explain why I couldn't figure out why the BOT was behaving as it was. Thanks Dallas. :)
Yes, you could for example set it to trigger several times and use a 'Number of place bet triggers condition' on selection is equal to 0
To prevent it firing on the same selection more than once

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”