New beta version of Bet Angel v1.55.0 - now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:04 am
ok, it WORKED fine after i manually created the default folder: SVExports
We'll have a look at that - normally the path would auto-create if it didn't exist, but might not be working in this instance
jimibt wrote:
it only appears to be giving me the last set of sv's - i.e. a one liner with a single set of the sv's across every selection
It outputs the current values at the time you make the call, so if you want to record the values every second, setup the rule with unlimited triggers rearming one second apart.
jimibt wrote:
So, one further question. Altho I could PARSE the file and format it into the structure I require, would it be possible to have an option to put each selection on its own line.
Presently, all sv's per call are displayed on a single line which makes any functional use of them a bit limited
What are you using to parse it? Is it something that expects repeating blocks of multiple rows?
The idea was that every call would go on a new line and then they would export in a predictable order. This format is ideal for plotting a chart or analysing with Excel as all the values will go down a column without having to skip rows.
If you're writing the parsing code by hand then each section type tells you how many name/value pairs are in it, so its easy to skip x * 2 columns to get to the new section.

I'm not saying we won't add another export option, just want to understand what you're using to parse it that requires repeating blocks of data. The rule originally started life as a debug facility used just to keep track of current values of things!
jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:37 am
jimibt wrote:
So, one further question. Altho I could PARSE the file and format it into the structure I require, would it be possible to have an option to put each selection on its own line.
Presently, all sv's per call are displayed on a single line which makes any functional use of them a bit limited
What are you using to parse it? Is it something that expects repeating blocks of multiple rows?
The idea was that every call would go on a new line and then they would export in a predictable order. This format is ideal for plotting a chart or analysing with Excel as all the values will go down a column without having to skip rows.
If you're writing the parsing code by hand then each section type tells you how many name/value pairs are in it, so its easy to skip x * 2 columns to get to the new section.

I'm not saying we won't add another export option, just want to understand what you're using to parse it that requires repeating blocks of data. The rule originally started life as a debug facility used just to keep track of current values of things!
the parsing is so that i can break things down to a level of detail that gives me a single selection per line. this fits into an exisiting format that i use for analysis. i can easily transform the file and as you mention, the fact that there's an attribute that identifies how many sv's per section will allow me to parse out with the required generic precission.

the only addition that I would dare to request is that the timestamp be down to millisecond precision, i.e 22/07/2020 11:38:41.001 etc as this would allow for seperation between calls that occur within the same second. maybe this could be an additional format specification with the default being as currently is.

thanks for all of this -everything working as expected and building the adaptor parser as we speak :D
Last edited by jimibt on Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamesg46

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:26 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:22 am
Very impressive, I can't wait to have the VWAP highlighted on the ladder along with where prices were x seconds ago. This is a heck of a serving with a load of trimmings.
yup- stuffed!! burp.........
:D Started with the VWAP Highlighted on my ladder but there is so much that I feel like a kid in a sweet shop now!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:42 am
i can easily transform the file and as you mention, the fact that there's an attribute that identifies how many sv's per section will allow me to parse out with the required generic precission.

... building the adaptor parser as we speak
OK, we'll leave it as it stands unless there's some more demand for the data spread across multiple rows.
jimibt wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:42 am
the only addition that I would dare to request is that the timestamp be down to millisecond precision, i.e 22/07/2020 11:38:41.001 etc as this would allow for seperation between calls that occur within the same second.
Yes that make sense - we can include that option when we bug fix the folder path creation.
jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:47 am
...I feel like a kid in a sweet shop now!
:D We're just glad to be able to finally put everything on display. This build has been so interconnected with a lot of the changes requiring the better memory management, that it's great to be able to draw a line and make it public. The integration of history of your own derived values into the charts, the ladder and one-click is huge; in future just a small enhancement to Stored Values is going to ripple through so much of Bet Angel and have a dramatic effect. Cue the requests for loads more Stored Value data items!
megarain

I am trying to install the VPS version on top of v1.54.2d.

I have unblocked etc and run it, but the edition number hasn't changed when I log in, and the new features are not there.

If I remove the existing version and try a clean install, will all my settings files be lost ?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

You'll be fine uninstalling and reinstalling.... your settings are held elsewhere.
megarain

Thats fixed it.

Thx
decomez6

:geek: coool..marker..cool :ugeek:
finally see my vwap from all selections on a straight line...YOU move ...i move.
those Servant context prices ,outside the current asking prices are within my sight...how cool is that!!
LEGENDERY

( ( ( (( ***** )
fly angel FLYYY !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Bet Angel wrote:
jimibt wrote:
We'll have a look at that - normally the path would auto-create if it didn't exist, but might not be working in this instance
We've just checked this and, on this Windows 10 PC, new folders are created as required. So we can't recreate the bug.
Could you test it again using other non-existent folders in the path?
megarain

The keyboard shortcuts :

Both the new features dont seem to be options in the keyboard editor.

Sorry the picture is crap, but its a nightmare getting a screen grab from a drop down box.

Believe me, the new features are not there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by megarain on Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

You're right - they seem to be missing from the server edition. Hold on, we'll rebuild it and upload again. That probably explains why it wasn't happy to upgrade over the v1.54.2d build.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

OK - please download and install the server edition again and the shortcuts will be there. It should also install over the top of the previous version properly!
Korattt

beautiful work Team BA, hats off
jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:56 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
jimibt wrote:
We've just checked this and, on this Windows 10 PC, new folders are created as required. So we can't recreate the bug.
Could you test it again using other non-existent folders in the path?
it may just have been me - after deleting the folder and running the rule from scratch, the folder and file(s) were created...

as you were!! ;)
megarain

Yes that working.

Thx

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”