New beta version of Bet Angel v1.55.0 - now on general release

Vovsen

Dallas wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:16 pm
Vovsen wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:14 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:50 pm

Can you post the rule file or log from it if its set up correctly there should be no problems?

There are several example rules i put on the forum in the last few weeks that use applied to 'EVERY' selection and even some also store the VWAP% so know I thats always worked exactly as it should, but just ran a test rule to show it below anyway.

When applying a rule to ANY selection it will always start by looking at the selection in betfair row 1, then row 2, then row 3, and so on, and will always trigger on the first selection to meet its criteria,so if using no conditions it will just continullly trigger on Row1
Again thats the way applying a rule to 'ANY' selection should and always has worked.

Log.jpg
Thanks Dallas for the quick response. I will try to upload more info going forward instead of typing so much as I am not very good with words.

Here is the log where you can see that Lay and Back % is working fine, but VWAP is not.
VWAPnotWorking.PNG

And here is example rule file, it uses the Condition of text "Match Odds":
VWAPtest.baf
Thanks for the rules file, and for flagging this up.

After looking into we can confirm that is a genuine bug you've found caused when using the combination of applying a rule to 'ANY' selection, and using 'Nominated' selection on the SV tab, to store the VWAP%, we also found it also the same when storing just the VWAP (all others work fine).

The build is due to go on general release shortly so we'll get that fixed before then.

In the mean time using the 'Every' selection you should be able to work around what you need to do, if not if you start a new thread we details of exactly what you want to achieve i'll take a look and see what can be advised
Thanks again Dallas,

I have been trying to come up with a way to use the every selection as a temporary work around, but have been unable to, so I will just wait for the fix.

Is there perhaps a reason why the VWAP% is there to store as a value, however High% and Low% is not?
Anbell

Here's a couple of lines from my log:

9/2/2020 07:29:47: [G_Auto] : Unable to : Store: 'Liability' for current selection. First value invalid.
9/2/2020 07:29:48: [G_Auto] : Store Value for 11. Mozzie Monster: NewLiability = 1000 - 0

For debugging purposes it would be handy if the first line (the error line) included the name of the selection (in the same manner as the 2nd line), rather than just " for current selection"
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

convoysur-2 wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:13 pm
Hi.I placed some trades just after a goal was scored ,then it was cancelled 1-2 -3 mins later. Betfair cancelled the bets and my full balance became available again, BUT on the betangel 3.5 it never corrected itself, so i waited for some time ,but its still the same 25 mins later .
It's to do with the way betfair void the matched bets and sometimes reinstate the matched bets as unmatched ones. We've flagged it to betfair development and they are looking into adding extra messaging on the API to cater for such situations. It can also occasionally happen with false starts in horse racing & greyhounds.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Anbell wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:43 am
9/2/2020 07:29:47: [G_Auto] : Unable to : Store: 'Liability' for current selection. First value invalid.
The 'first value invalid' message occurs when you lookup something that doesn't exist. e.g. A stored value that has never been initialised or using an invalid price.

We'll make a note to look into the use of 'current selection' to see if it knows enough at that point in the code to specifically log which selection by name.
Anbell

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:31 am
Anbell wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:43 am
The 'first value invalid' message occurs when you lookup something that doesn't exist. e.g. A stored value that has never been initialised or using an invalid price.

We'll make a note to look into the use of 'current selection' to see if it knows enough at that point in the code to specifically log which selection by name.
Cheers.

Yeah, I understand why *I* caused an error. I'm not complaining about that at all.

It would be handy to specify the specific 'current selection' if you could. I'd be surprised if you couldn't, but I don't know a whole lot.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

FYI.... First post updated - v1.55.0 is now on general release. The user guide has also been updated to include the v1.55 features.
Jukebox

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:53 am
FYI.... First post updated - v1.55.0 is now on general release. The user guide has also been updated to include the v1.55 features.
If we're already running 1.55.0.b3 do we need to update?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Jukebox wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:57 am
Your choice - we won't be switching off the beta version.
The general release is the same as beta 3 apart from including a fix for the VWAP bug that Vovsen found (when setting a SV with VWAP from a nominated selection)
jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:28 pm
Jukebox wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:57 am
Your choice - we won't be switching off the beta version.
The general release is the same as beta 3 apart from including a fix for the VWAP bug that Vovsen found (when setting a SV with VWAP from a nominated selection)
any *news* on the suggestion by Anbell a wee while back to have a default value for SV's, so that they don't present null values during arithmetic/display??
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jimibt wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:30 pm
any *news* on the suggestion by Anbell a wee while back to have a default value for SV's, so that they don't present null values during arithmetic/display??
You'll need to explicitly initialise the SVs with the required default value as the first rule to be triggered. No plans at the moment to add extra parameters for each SV to have a default value if not set.
jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:22 pm
jimibt wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:30 pm
You'll need to explicitly initialise the SVs with the required default value as the first rule to be triggered. No plans at the moment to add extra parameters for each SV to have a default value if not set.
yeah, i currently do just that. i have an *Init* rule that sets default values of the correct type for all SV's used in the workflow.

would be nice to have Default options - tho not a huge inconvenience to setup as mentioned manually.
jamesedwards

Hi, I'm just getting to grips with new 1.55.0. Love all the changes I've encountered so far apart from one, which is the new structure for logs which are now in pages. I thought at first it was one page for each market (which would be great) but I've found the way markets are stretched across more than one page tough to get to grips with.
Anbell

jameegray1 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:00 pm
Hi, I'm just getting to grips with new 1.55.0. Love all the changes I've encountered so far apart from one, which is the new structure for logs which are now in pages. I thought at first it was one page for each market (which would be great) but I've found the way markets are stretched across more than one page tough to get to grips with.
I just hit the COPY TO CLIPBOARD link and paste in Notepad
firlandsfarm

Thanks for replying Dallas and I think I have solved it by trial and error.
Dallas wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:25 pm
When it triggers it does so on every selection that meets your conditions, it then won't trigger on any of them again until it rearms.
Yes I understand that but what I was really asking is when you select Trigger 1 time on EVERY selection does the rule will stay active until it has triggered on every selection regardless of how many selections that rule has previously triggered on. I'm probably not putting this across very well … say there is a condition that Back Price must be less than 10 and in running. Some runners will trigger immediately as they start at less than 10 but the others will continue to be tested until they individually fall below 10 (if ever), yes?

So my next question was, if so then how frequently will the runners the rule has not yet triggered be re-tested? Will they be under constant watch say every 20ms if that's your refresh rate or say 5 seconds in that's your rearm rate? The reason is to understand if the Rearm rate is relevant when using EVERY selection if only 1 Trigger! Am I making sense?! :shock:
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:06 pm

Yes I understand that but what I was really asking is when you select Trigger 1 time on EVERY selection does the rule will stay active until it has triggered on every selection regardless of how many selections that rule has previously triggered on. I'm probably not putting this across very well … say there is a condition that Back Price must be less than 10 and in running. Some runners will trigger immediately as they start at less than 10 but the others will continue to be tested until they individually fall below 10 (if ever), yes?
No, it will only trigger on the selections that meet your criteria (have a back price less than 10 and its in-play), at the time it triggers.

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:06 pm

So my next question was, if so then how frequently will the runners the rule has not yet triggered be re-tested? Will they be under constant watch say every 20ms if that's your refresh rate or say 5 seconds in that's your rearm rate? The reason is to understand if the Rearm rate is relevant when using EVERY selection if only 1 Trigger! Am I making sense?! :shock:
So you don't need to worry about that part

1 trigger = check every selection and bet or do whatever the rule is meant to do on every selection that fits your conditions at that time, doesn't matter what happens after that those not included will be left out - unless the rule is set to trigger a 2nd time and they meet the conditions then

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”