Updated beta version of Bet Angel v1.56.0 - Now on general release

paspuggie48

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:36 am
MAGTRADEUK wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:25 pm
...I clicked both boxes and saved the layout before I closed Guardian...
Just to clarify on this part of your description. The assigned Rules and Nominations are saved when you click 'Save markets', not 'save layout'. i.e. You press this highlighted button and the markets loaded into Guardian will be saved (and loaded when restarting Bet Angel) and if those tick-boxes were ticked then the Rules & Nominations assigned will also be saved too.

saveMarkets.png

If that is what you are doing then please raise a ticket with support and we can discuss back and forth with more images until will isolate the issue.

The List Layout (on the List page) just relates to which columns are visible, their width and position, not the contents in the rows.
Being able to save all the Automation/Nominations is a god-send, especially if one's computer crashes etc (happened to me many times and then have to re-input all the info).

However, can it be done for 2 instances of BA running? I execute BA twice; one for Horses and their markets one for Greyhounds and their markets (to reduce clutter) and I have a multitude of Automation with multiple Nominations for each.

So, can both markets be saved? I probably think not and if not maybe one that is up for a suggestion?
Therrm

I rarely post on the forum but thought I'd do so today to thank the whole team to constantly keep improving BA. BA is already an amazing software but you keep listening to your community and improve it over and over. I'm so grateful that you guys don't take your customer base as granted.
Can't wait to try the new rule Set Stored Values using a file to finally kill Excel and save resources on my VPS. That's not much but 50 bucks less to AWS in my pocket = few more free pints at the pub each month :D
underx

This is a little unrelated to this version but i can't find an answer after searching the forum....Is there a way to store average hourly Tx made by bet angel? Both matched and matched.

Thanks

P.s I know there is an icon on the software but i was wondering in case one is running automation during the day and wants to check these values after a the day.
paspuggie48

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:08 pm
dropss81 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:57 pm
Thank You for these New features.. A video how this new features can be used... briefly.... on BA Academy videos....
Good Luck for us in Trading..
Some examples already on the forum with more on the way while the videos are finished off
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=22648
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22504
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=22655
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=21363
Looking forward to more examples of your innovative WoW (ways of working)...any chance of giving some CSV file tips or examples? Pretty new to all that stuff (even with my PQ experience), it's just something I've not got round to but would like to exploit Dallas.

Cheers, Paul
fjt1973

I've not used BetAngel for a good 12 months and decided to try and write my own stuff through the Betfair API not due to the lack of BA just to challenge myself writing my own code. I still keep checking to see what the improvements are and there quite a few that has sparked an interest.

I'm loving the Customize Guardian Columns and Market List Layout and the import of CSV I think I'm going to dip my hand in my pocket and start experimenting again :-)

One question though can you autoload markets into Guardian as they come available or is this still a manual task?

A great piece of work by the BA Team
paspuggie48

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:06 pm
jimibt wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:56 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:49 pm

Thanks - we'll look into that.
yup -can confirm seeing the same issue here ;)
We've just recreated in Live mode when streaming when a bet is matched on a market that is selected in Guardian (but the Matched bets page is not selected until after the match has occurred).

We haven't seen it happen with the unmatched bets page though, could you explain the scenario you go through to see that?
Not sure about unmatched bets tab but I definitely get no show when I look at the Matched Bets tab as the trades either show/don't show - depending on which way the markets are selected.

As you can see below I have greened up in this market, which means I have had some trades. Selecting the Odds tab at the bottom left I can see the Horses and Green figures.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 163317.png

If I select the Matched bets tab, I see no trades.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 163345.png

If I then select another market (keeping on the matched bets tab) and then go back to the original market I then see my matched bets.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 163403.png
This is after the event, if that helps?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anbell

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:40 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:06 pm
jimibt wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:56 pm

yup -can confirm seeing the same issue here ;)
We've just recreated in Live mode when streaming when a bet is matched on a market that is selected in Guardian (but the Matched bets page is not selected until after the match has occurred).

We haven't seen it happen with the unmatched bets page though, could you explain the scenario you go through to see that?
Not sure about unmatched bets tab but I definitely get no show when I look at the Matched Bets tab as the trades either show/don't show - depending on which way the markets are selected.

As you can see below I have greened up in this market, which means I have had some trades. Selecting the Odds tab at the bottom left I can see the Horses and Green figures.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 163317.png

If I select the Matched bets tab, I see no trades.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 163345.png

If I then select another market (keeping on the matched bets tab) and then go back to the original market I then see my matched bets.

Screenshot 2021-01-23 163403.png

This is after the event, if that helps?
This is a longstanding issue. You can usually get around it by selecting/de-selecting the Average Odds toggle
tootall

Is it possible in new version to import selections into guardian from csv file?
Dabbla

Would it be possible to add more historical stored values ?
Im thinking 50 !
The reason is, I have been able to break down a lot of cluttered files and mix and match them.
Since the update I have been using 4 rules in guardian. One for ,in play, pre off, chart and a info file pushing info to guardian.
Ideally I would like 10 HSV for each of the above groups. E.g. pre off HSV 1-10 . In-Play 11-20 and so on.

One little annoyance I have with the new update is the text coulure for the P&L columns in guardian. I can’t see them clearly when the market is highlighted. If you could be made to turn white when the market is highlighted, it would save on the eye strain.

Thanks
spock

+1
Anbell

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:27 pm
Im thinking 50 !
The reason is, I have been able to break down a lot of cluttered files and mix and match them.
Since the update I have been using 4 rules in guardian. One for ,in play, pre off, chart and a info file pushing info to guardian.
Ideally I would like 10 HSV for each of the above groups. E.g. pre off HSV 1-10 . In-Play 11-20 and so on.

One little annoyance I have with the new update is the text coulure for the P&L columns in guardian. I can’t see them clearly when the market is highlighted. If you could be made to turn white when the market is highlighted, it would save on the eye strain.

Thanks
More Historical LIsts would be great. I have a system that relies on the midpoint between the back and lay price, but to get there I need to store the back price in HL1, the Lay price in HL2, then HL3 is the size of the difference, and then HL4 is the back price plus the difference.
sniffer66

tootall wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:04 am

I've not done it as yet, I'm just passing values to an SV for a selection via CSV so far, but it should be possible.

You would pass the Selection Name and a selection SV called, say, "BackThisSelection" in your CSV with the value "1". Set up your automation rule using an Applies to Every Selection - Every condition.Then within your triggering conditions check if the SV value for BackThisSelection =1 and all other market conditions are satisfied, as usual.

Basic Line in the CSV would be:

*,*,*MySelectionName*,*,S,BackThisSelection,1

I've put wildcards at each end of the selection name but you could go for an exact match
You could also add more market info etc to prevent false matches
tootall

sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:58 am
tootall wrote:

I've not done it as yet, I'm just passing values to an SV for a selection via CSV so far, but it should be possible.

You would pass the Selection Name and a selection SV called, say, "BackThisSelection" in your CSV with the value "1". Set up your automation rule using an Applies to Every Selection - Every condition.Then within your triggering conditions check if the SV value for BackThisSelection =1 and all other market conditions are satisfied, as usual.

I've put wildcards at each end of the selection name but you could go for an exact match
Thanks but how do you pass values from a CSV to Stored values?
goat68

Anbell wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:48 pm
Dabbla wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:27 pm
Im thinking 50 !

Thanks
More Historical LIsts would be great. I have a system that relies on the midpoint between the back and lay price, but to get there I need to store the back price in HL1, the Lay price in HL2, then HL3 is the size of the difference, and then HL4 is the back price plus the difference.
In a single Set/Modify StoredValue Rule you could:
Store "back+lay" with Back price Plus Lay price
Store "HL1" with "back+lay" Divided by 2
sniffer66

tootall wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:59 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:58 am
tootall wrote:

Thanks but how do you pass values from a CSV to Stored values?
In the beta there is a new rule type to assign values from a csv - "Set stored values using a file". You just browse to the location of your CSV and tell the rule to update it using the same schedule you would for any other rule. There are sample CSV's in your BA templates folder once you install the new beta

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”