Updated beta version of Bet Angel v1.56.0 - Now on general release

Tuco

Shaung89 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:39 pm
Is there a way with custom columns to have a 'free text column'?

I used to like making brief notes for things i'd seen as a reminder for when i came back to trade later, now the 'Excel Sheet' column (which i used to use) is a forced drop down and all the custom columns have to show preset info?
...this is something I've previously requested, but in my case it was to help sort the market order (such as in team events), with a few alpha-numeric characters rather than making notes as such.
jox69

Suddenly since yesterday there is an error when trying to open Guardian: Key not found: 'Custom 11'

When I click Quit then BA closes and if click Continue then Guardian opens but there is no Markets at all.

I then tried to uninstall this version and install v1.55 and all good there, again installing this version and the same occurs.

Let me know if you need some more details from that popup window and I will scrool down and take more screenshots as I can't make the window bigger.

error1.png
error2.png
error3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beermonsterman

Tuco wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:52 am
Shaung89 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:39 pm
Is there a way with custom columns to have a 'free text column'?

I used to like making brief notes for things i'd seen as a reminder for when i came back to trade later, now the 'Excel Sheet' column (which i used to use) is a forced drop down and all the custom columns have to show preset info?
...this is something I've previously requested, but in my case it was to help sort the market order (such as in team events), with a few alpha-numeric characters rather than making notes as such.
Would be a very useful I must admit
sniffer66

I'd like to make a suggestion to improve the new CSV import functionality...

In Guardian we can check the tick box to get the Value Assignment shown in the market log for an SV. However, when a CSV is importing SV values its currently all or nothing using "Note Stored Value Creation in the markets log"

I'm importing up to 20 SV's from a CSV per selection and to check what values Guardian is using is difficult as the log is full of entries (I'm importing every second or less)

I'm suggesting a further field/column in the CSV that replicates the "Note Value assignment in Markets log" tick box so only the values we select appear in the log.

i.e ",S,SV_Name,Value, Log Y/N"

Where the extra Log column turns the entry into the log for that SV on or off

Would make fault finding issues that much easier.

Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jox69 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:53 am
Suddenly since yesterday there is an error when trying to open Guardian: Key not found: 'Custom 11'

When I click Quit then BA closes and if click Continue then Guardian opens but there is no Markets at all.

I then tried to uninstall this version and install v1.55 and all good there, again installing this version and the same occurs.
I would think that there's something in your 'default' layout or settings file that it doesn't like. Try logging in with factory default and then select each of those 'default' profiles individually to see which one is causing the problem. You get 10 custom columns by default in Guardian but can manually add five more at a time with the Markets List custom column editor, the fact it's referring to 11 sounds like there's a mismatch between the columns loaded from the layout profile and the ones being assigned values by the Market Lists profile (that would have been selected by the settings profile).

We'll see if we can recreate it so that we can at least prevent that error popup.
Jim Royle

Hi hope someone can tell me how to create a post on here ? struggling like anything to find the option
jox69

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:11 pm
jox69 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:53 am

I would think that there's something in your 'default' layout or settings file that it doesn't like. Try logging in with factory default and then select each of those 'default' profiles individually to see which one is causing the problem. You get 10 custom columns by default in Guardian but can manually add five more at a time with the Markets List custom column editor, the fact it's referring to 11 sounds like there's a mismatch between the columns loaded from the layout profile and the ones being assigned values by the Market Lists profile (that would have been selected by the settings profile).

We'll see if we can recreate it so that we can at least prevent that error popup.
The problem is the layout; the only changes I did earlier with the columns was removed the Nominated selections, adding all Rules, removed Excel, adding both Highest P&L, removed Last suspension, adding both Lower P&L and removed Soccer mystic.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jox69 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:07 pm
The problem is the layout; the only changes I did earlier with the columns was removed the Nominated selections, adding all Rules, removed Excel, adding both Highest P&L, removed Last suspension, adding both Lower P&L and removed Soccer mystic.
Could you export the layout and the settings and send it to us at [email protected] and we'll have a look. We've tried for an hour to recreate here, but can't find a combination that causes the popup error.
Anbell

Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:41 pm
Hi hope someone can tell me how to create a post on here ? struggling like anything to find the option
I have to google it every time
viewtopic.php?t=16838
Jim Royle

Anbell wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:44 pm
Jim Royle wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:41 pm
I have to google it every time
viewtopic.php?t=16838
Cheers Annbell much appreciated
Dabbla

I think I found a bug in the advanced chart.
If look at this picture, there are 3 charts all using the same rules and HL .
bands.PNG
They should all look the same, green line , red line ,green line.
The bottom chart is a volume line chart and its all green. This has been causing me some headaches.
When a rule clears a history list it should stay on the chart to give it a band(red band).
The volume line chart clears the whole line from the chart. So bands can’t be created.

Using the columns is a fine work around but I have spent ages trying to work this out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shaung89

Not specific to v 1.56 but is there a way to display any additional info (basic) on this screen within guardian? Ideally i'd be able to see racecard number also.
Guardian.png
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:59 pm
I think I found a bug in the advanced chart.
Using the columns is a fine work around but I have spent ages trying to work this out.
Yes that does look like a bug and looks like it's been there since we first allowed the charting of History List data.
We'll get that fixed.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Beta 2 has been released - updated links and description in first post
Realrocknrolla

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:17 pm
Beta 2 has been released - updated links and description in first post
Brilliant stuff!!!!!!!

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”