Updated beta version of Bet Angel v1.56.0 - Now on general release

Atho55

You remove the character above the a, not the a itself.
F & R.jpg
Like so
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

Atho55 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:22 pm

F & R.jpg

Like so
i think sniffer was possibly referring to ascii characters that have accents etc, i.e. à ã etc... there are libraries to do replacements, but not every locale is covered
sniffer66

jimibt wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:29 pm
Atho55 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:22 pm

F & R.jpg

Like so
i think sniffer was possibly referring to ascii characters that have accents etc, i.e. à ã etc... there are libraries to do replacements, but not every locale is covered
Yes, its the extended ANSI characters. Gonna try to create a lookup table on the ANSI codes and do a lookup/replace
Atho55

VLOOKUP will do it if the accent is not a character in its own right that can be removed.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:11 pm
I believe the issue is there that Guardian will only match a single string, Galan with an accent on the a would become Galn, which wouldnt match against the selection name.
In that case you'd have to just say Gal* in the CSV file.
The best way would still be for you to convert all such characters into the characters that betfair uses before writing to the CSV, but the wildcard will be the quickest way to get it working with only a small risk of matching against other selections starting with the same text.
LeTiss

The new 'List' tab on Guardian is a sensational piece of kit

It's amazes me why any serious trader would spend money on other software.

Bet Angel is streets ahead of anything else
Shaung89

Is there a way with custom columns to have a 'free text column'?

I used to like making brief notes for things i'd seen as a reminder for when i came back to trade later, now the 'Excel Sheet' column (which i used to use) is a forced drop down and all the custom columns have to show preset info?
sionascaig

Left the Bang vs WI cricket match running on overnight and woke up to find the match "suspended" and no prices available in watch list although I could see prices on the main screen. Rebooted BA and market was running as normal. Not sure if this was just me or an issue with new version... I had bets taken at 3:49 so seemed to be working up till then...
ODPaul82

There was a planned outage on betfair which probably would have caused that
sionascaig

ODPaul82 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:29 am
There was a planned outage on betfair which probably would have caused that
ah just noticed that - thks ODPaul )
Tuco

Shaung89 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:39 pm

I used to like making brief notes for things i'd seen as a reminder for when i came back to trade later, now the 'Excel Sheet' column (which i used to use) is a forced drop down and all the custom columns have to show preset info?
...this is something I've previously requested, but in my case it was to help sort the market order (such as in team events), with a few alpha-numeric characters rather than making notes as such.
jox69

Suddenly since yesterday there is an error when trying to open Guardian: Key not found: 'Custom 11'

When I click Quit then BA closes and if click Continue then Guardian opens but there is no Markets at all.

I then tried to uninstall this version and install v1.55 and all good there, again installing this version and the same occurs.

Let me know if you need some more details from that popup window and I will scrool down and take more screenshots as I can't make the window bigger.

error1.png
error2.png
error3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beermonsterman

Tuco wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:52 am
Shaung89 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:39 pm

...this is something I've previously requested, but in my case it was to help sort the market order (such as in team events), with a few alpha-numeric characters rather than making notes as such.
Would be a very useful I must admit
sniffer66

I'd like to make a suggestion to improve the new CSV import functionality...

In Guardian we can check the tick box to get the Value Assignment shown in the market log for an SV. However, when a CSV is importing SV values its currently all or nothing using "Note Stored Value Creation in the markets log"

I'm importing up to 20 SV's from a CSV per selection and to check what values Guardian is using is difficult as the log is full of entries (I'm importing every second or less)

I'm suggesting a further field/column in the CSV that replicates the "Note Value assignment in Markets log" tick box so only the values we select appear in the log.

i.e ",S,SV_Name,Value, Log Y/N"

Where the extra Log column turns the entry into the log for that SV on or off

Would make fault finding issues that much easier.

Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jox69 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:53 am
Suddenly since yesterday there is an error when trying to open Guardian: Key not found: 'Custom 11'

When I click Quit then BA closes and if click Continue then Guardian opens but there is no Markets at all.

I then tried to uninstall this version and install v1.55 and all good there, again installing this version and the same occurs.
I would think that there's something in your 'default' layout or settings file that it doesn't like. Try logging in with factory default and then select each of those 'default' profiles individually to see which one is causing the problem. You get 10 custom columns by default in Guardian but can manually add five more at a time with the Markets List custom column editor, the fact it's referring to 11 sounds like there's a mismatch between the columns loaded from the layout profile and the ones being assigned values by the Market Lists profile (that would have been selected by the settings profile).

We'll see if we can recreate it so that we can at least prevent that error popup.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”