New beta version of Bet Angel v1.57.0 - Now on general release

Dallas

andy28 wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:56 pm
"•New rule types to 'Place a Back SP Bet' and 'Place a Lay SP Bet' with support for price limits on the parameters page. Note: SP bets are considered by betfair to be matched as soon as they are placed and cannot be cancelled, so you should be familiar with their behaviour on the web site before using them."

With all the talk about BSP I think I need to learn how they work. I have never taken a SP ever, I have seen Betfair video's where traders only use SP's so where can I read more about them, how they are calculated and when. A video would be better if BA has one
It's all explained here
https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/FAQs_theBasics.html
andy28

Thanks, and thanks for prompt reply
firlandsfarm

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:53 am
New rule types to 'Place a Back SP Bet' and 'Place a Lay SP Bet' with support for price limits on the parameters page. Note: SP bets are considered by betfair to be matched as soon as they are placed and cannot be cancelled, so you should be familiar with their behaviour on the web site before using them.
Thanks guys, much appreciated
jamesg46

"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of man than has ever been taken from the earth".

You guys give possibility the chance to collaborate with reality... nothing ever seems impossible for the BA team. Great work & thank you.
Dabbla

A couple of things that don’t feel right
Theirs a small display bug in undocked clock. The numbers are slighty too big (a pixel or 2) and the pin is half of the screen. I don’t recall this being like that before.

In the ladder settings, putting a back ground on a item hides every think else in front of it.
Once I realized this ,I start to play around there were 5 or 6 items with back grounds. When I started to put them back to default they disappeared from the ladder info. They came back when I changed the Row.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:36 am
Theirs a small display bug in undocked clock. The numbers are slighty too big (a pixel or 2) and the pin is half of the screen. I don’t recall this being like that before.
No, nothing has changed with that code. It should look like this:
clock.png
Dabbla wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:36 am
In the ladder settings, putting a back ground on a item hides every think else in front of it.
Once I realized this ,I start to play around there were 5 or 6 items with back grounds. When I started to put them back to default they disappeared from the ladder info. They came back when I changed the Row.
If two items in the additional information area share the same row & horizontal space and both have a background colour, then yes the background of the second item will hide the first, but if the background is set to Default then it'll work as per the previous version and stack the information on top of each other.
On testing, it looks like there's a issue with the editor when live editing the display and switching from a defined background colour back to Default, but I've found that as soon as I save the ladder settings or switch the ladder to a different setting and switch back, it behaves as expected. So please try that yourself to check that a saved ladder setting displays as expected.
We'll see if we can find that bug so that even live editing allows that colour change without issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ROCKY1982

Any chance to add an option on the next version to send Alerts to the phone by text messages it would be very helpfull
Dabbla

This is how my clock looks since the update, I dont recall it looking squashed before.
CLOCK.PNG

clock.png

Il check the other bits out once I wake up a bit. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spock

Hi Dabbla,
My clock is exactly like yours,
ie. half pin etc.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

First thing to try would be to open Bet Angel with 'factory default' set as the layout profile and then open a market without changing any other layout settings and see if the timer still looks as per your image.

If so, and if you are using Windows 10, run WINVER on the PC and let us know the exact build number of Windows 10 that you are using.

Also have you changed the font size of the display in any way? If you go to Windows Display Settings, see if the 'Scale & layout' is set to 100% and if not temporarily set it to 100% and then restart Bet Angel and see it that has made any difference to the time window.
Dabbla

It works fine in 'factory default' but changes back after changing layout.

Version 2004(OS build 19041, 1165)
Display settings are 100%
spock

Hi.
It's a bit strange but factory default showed same problem for me.
Build is....Version21h1(os build 19043,1165)
I've not got into this build much, so not seen anything else yet.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:08 pm
It works fine in 'factory default' but changes back after changing layout.

Version 2004(OS build 19041, 1165)
Display settings are 100%
This Test PC is a slightly later Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.1165), so you could try moving to a later version of Windows, but if your looks ok with factory default layout, then it's probably the measurements saved into the layout profile itself, and the solution will be to recreate your preferred layout from scratch and save. I don't think your settings profile will be affected, so you should be able to continue using those.

We've moved to a slightly later version of .NET with this build, so that in combination with any subtle font changes, display driver changes or Windows updates on your PC since that layout was last saved, could be causing a variation in the vertical height of that window. It doesn't sound like something we could detect in the code, so creating a new layout is the solution.
Derek27

I like the facility to format numbers as currency. Hate seeing that I've won 4.3 pounds. :D
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

spock wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:33 pm
It's a bit strange but factory default showed same problem for me.
That's odd. We'll try on a few different PCs to see if we can recreate it. Maybe we can just make the outer frame of the window resizable, so if it happens to be the wrong size on a particular PC it can be resized and saved.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”