New version of Bet Angel v1.58.0 - on general release

Realrocknrolla

Euler wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:19 am
pedro1886 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:17 am
can you get the GPS data to display like the TPD website? Horses on the course map?
Or is that more so to do with TPD sub on its own?
We have more feature enhancements on the way, but I can't commit when and in what order they will arrive.
The gift that keeps on giving.
kingkobeda

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:14 am
kingkobeda wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:19 am
Hi

I have just downloaded and installed the current version of BA (v1.58) but I haven't got access to the paper with green arrow icon
so that I can import the grid layout settings file, please can you advise ?
Click the 'Reset Toolbar' option shown in the image below and the buttons will appear

Toolbar.JPG
Thank you Dallas :)
Tuco

...is there any performance loss between v1.57.0 and v1.58.0 on the features available in both versions?
zippus

Loving the new version - great job.

One question I have. When you go to settings and you have the three options for standard times, which one takes priority? For example, if I select both my own times (#2) and Betangel’s view (#3), I’m not sure which feed I’m getting.
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:58 pm
...is there any performance loss between v1.57.0 and v1.58.0 on the features available in both versions?
There is never a loss in performance in any areas between versions, the only differences between .57 and .58 are the addition of the race meter and support for Total Performance Data
Dallas

zippus wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:05 pm
Loving the new version - great job.

One question I have. When you go to settings and you have the three options for standard times, which one takes priority? For example, if I select both my own times (#2) and Betangel’s view (#3), I’m not sure which feed I’m getting.
It tells you at the top of them - its the order they are numbered in
Tuco

Tuco wrote:
Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:09 pm
There is never a loss in performance in any areas between versions, the only differences between .57 and .58 are the addition of the race meter and support for Total Performance Data
Thank you Dallas - as I don't use either the race meter or support for Total Performance Data, is there are need to update to v1.58.0 at this time?
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:24 pm
Tuco wrote:
Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:09 pm
Thank you Dallas - as I don't use either the race meter or support for Total Performance Data, is there are need to update to v1.58.0 at this time?
Not if you don't want these features, but you'll still get them anyway next time you do update ie, V1.58.1 or V1.59 etc
Dabbla

Just having a look at the stored values for the new version.
What does it mean by xx this selections location?
What is the Location ?
Dallas

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:45 pm
Just having a look at the stored values for the new version.
What does it mean by xx this selections location?
What is the Location ?
Its the average speed or stride frequency for that course at that point in the race (the selections currently at)
PeterLe

I think it would be worthwhile building in some form of integrity check of the TPD stream (maybe as a percentage, like the risk meter perhaps) and then having the ability to store that value in a SV which can be referenced in automation to check the validity..
Having used the TPD Data for a while now, I know that sometimes the data isn't always as it should be. For eg if you look at the screenshot from yesterday (in Play Plumpton 14:15 15th Nov) you can see that there was a problem with the position data (they all show 13)
I haven't actually checked the recording of this race, but lets assume it was wrong in this case (Ive seen it before not on betangel though)
So if anyone was using that as a trigger (ie anything placed position 5 or above and less odds than x then trigger etc) it could cause big issues/losses.
Its easy to mitigate this particular problem as its easy to spot but less easy to see when an erroneous value in the stream (a single value that is well out of kilter with the mean) for eg maybe a crack from the jockeys whip can cause an incorrect reading which in turn can miscalculate an average etc) (Maybe we could do something further down the line with to reject anything that is out of kilter/Standard Deviation etc)

Although i haven't seen it on betangel yet, there will be times when a GPS device will fail and all the data for that horse will not be present. Again you could build this into your program, but probably easier to capture his in the BA code and mark the TPS Integrity SV down, then only bet when the integrity is greater than 90% or whatever
Over time we could capture errors that crop up and build it into the calculation for the TPD Integrity check
Just a though to make this better, nice job by the way by the team
Regards
Peter

Edit 17th Nov. I dont think there was anything wrong with that particular race I think the mistake was on my part. The general idea above though is still valid imo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
milan853

hi i connected with newcastle race for today like on the picture just still dont see any diffferent information about race not see column like bet angel show in video ,i need change somethink as well or just connect with race(i paid subscribtion for 20races)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

milan853 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:28 am
hi i connected with newcastle race for today like on the picture just still dont see any diffferent information about race not see column like bet angel show in video ,i need change somethink as well or just connect with race(i paid subscribtion for 20races)
You create your own custom columns to display whichever of the TPD data you want to see, or rules which trigger bets and alerts using the data

To get you started there are some ready-made settings files you can download from the one-click and ladder screen customization area
viewforum.php?f=69
viewforum.php?f=65
milan853

thanks just confirm pleasse i need now only waiting fo racing yes all sorted? how many min before race be some info in columns? thanks
milan853

is not f..working and if i want connect to next newcastle raqce is error ...

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”