New beta version of Bet Angel v1.59.0 - Now on general release

ODPaul82

Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:24 pm
This happened on the first beta, but we released a patch to stop this. You will need to download the beta again to eliminate this issue.
Thanks Peter, yep am on b1
Derek27

Before this update when a market closed there was no way of knowing whether a goal was scored or the ref blew the final whistle. :D
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:26 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:35 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:31 pm
Thanks for looking into it. Hopefully it can be changed without issue. It always sorted them the correct way (1 then 1A) when both horses had the "1" cloth, don't know how it did this.
We've fixed this and patched the build (at least it worked on a 1A selection last night!). Please download and install again from the link in the first post.
Thanks, the speedy fix is very much appreciated.

I've not been able to check it myself yet because there are no markets today with coupled horses but will confirm asap later in the week.
All looks good to me with the order of coupled horses now. Thanks again! :D
Tuco

Tuco wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:07 pm
well done BA for once again upgrading the best trading software available!

once again, don't think there's much for a non-horse racing trader but I'll take a good look into how the new features can be used in the events I do trade which is everything except horses and dogs.

just wondered whether the inplay trader could include 4th best market price, 5th best market price and 6th best market price in the drop-down list which begins with "price based on mouse position" - hope that would be an easy addition to upgrade those three price points into the software final release.

thanks in advance of this simple upgrade :)
...another way would be to have the ability to enter a custom user defined different back/lay prices from a 1-9 drop-down list - so you perhaps select the 7th best price for inplay one-click backing (left-click) or the 4th best price for inplay one-click laying (right-click).
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:05 am
...another way would be to have the ability to enter a custom user defined different back/lay prices from a 1-9 drop-down list - so you perhaps select the 7th best price for inplay one-click backing (left-click) or the 4th best price for inplay one-click laying (right-click).
Best price only covers 1 to 3, beyond that you need to switch to using ticks from the best price.
You can already specify a custom number of ticks outside of the best market price on the In-play Trader screen.

To use a different number of ticks on one side rather than the other you'll need to place the bets using Servants. i.e. You could define a number of Servants with different betting parameters and assign them to keyboard shortcuts. The context of which selection to use can come from the mouse position on in-play trader and you can trigger the Servants either directly from the keyboard or via a gaming mouse (with their extra configurable buttons).
Tuco

...the problem is that I all too often think BA only looks at things through the eyes of a horse racing market where there is plenty of liquidity and no gaps between prices, so 6 ticks outside the best market price would actually be the 6th best price - well that's not the case with many other markets where there are all sorts of gaps between prices and often limited liquidity. I managed to get the one-click screen updated to allow this so hopefully you will be able to see what a success that was and apply the same to the inplay trader. If a custom best price can't be set for each side, then could you please add 4th, 5th and 6th best prices into the drop-down. As the code is already written for the best price, 2nd best price and 3rd best price this should be a very quick and easy update.

...or using the same 'custom ticks' style, simply add a 'custom best price' where the used then adds the best price number to the exisiting adjacent box.
gstar1975

Just noticed the description for the 15:10 Taunton Mon 14 Mar 3m4f Hcap Chs Hrd shows as a Chase Hurdle, but on Racingpost only a Hurdle race.

Must be a Betfair error.

1520 Taun Betangel Race Description Chase & Hurdle for a Hurdle race.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

A chase hurdle would be an interesting race though!
jamesedwards

Love that this version keeps the race info after the market has closed. This helps so much with tracking and logging performance.

Also Guardian seems to run much quicker since I updated on my automation PCs, although not sure how old a version I upgraded from.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:24 pm
Love that this version keeps the race info after the market has closed. This helps so much with tracking and logging performance.
:)
jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:24 pm
Also Guardian seems to run much quicker since I updated on my automation PCs, although not sure how old a version I upgraded from.
We spent some time optimising Guardian during the development of this version, only subtle things here and there, but it makes a big difference to CPU load when multiple instances are run on the same PC (or one instance on a slow PC) or when Guardian is loaded with hundreds of markets.

Glad you've noticed the difference!
Tuco

...would it be possible for the saddle cloth column to be made into a 3-digit alpha-numberic box which could then be used in markets which are not auto-filled? (I would find this most useful - I currently need to change the stakes to order into a desired order, but saddle-cloth numbers would be most useful).
Tuco

Ladder
•A new setting ‘Bet Placement - In-play Delay Countdown’ on the Unmatched Bets page of Ladder Settings allows the placing bet countdown to be shown directly on the ladder when an in-play delay is active

I like that although the countdown always seems to take forever, lol

•A new 'Mouse cursor mode for bet placement' picklist has been added to the General page of Ladder Settings – it optionally allows the mouse to change price cells between down & up clicks during bet placement.

Not quite sure what this is - is there anywhere to see an example of this please?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:48 pm
...would it be possible for the saddle cloth column to be made into a 3-digit alpha-numberic box which could then be used in markets which are not auto-filled? (I would find this most useful - I currently need to change the stakes to order into a desired order, but saddle-cloth numbers would be most useful).
No it can't, but why not add a custom column with an editable stored value.... that can be text or numeric.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:53 pm
•A new 'Mouse cursor mode for bet placement' picklist has been added to the General page of Ladder Settings – it optionally allows the mouse to change price cells between down & up clicks during bet placement.

Not quite sure what this is - is there anywhere to see an example of this please?
Normally you have to click and release the mouse button in the same price cell on the ladder for it to action the bet.
With the new setting, you can click on one price.... hold the mouse button down... move up and down to other prices... and release it on a different price cell and the bet will still be placed (at the new price). Bit easier to place an accidental bet, which is why it's switched off by default, but we've been asked for that option a few times so added it.
Tuco

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:59 pm
Tuco wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:53 pm

Normally you have to click and release the mouse button in the same price cell on the ladder for it to action the bet.
With the new setting, you can click on one price.... hold the mouse button down... move up and down to other prices... and release it on a different price cell and the bet will still be placed (at the new price). Bit easier to place an accidental bet, which is why it's switched off by default, but we've been asked for that option a few times so added it.
thanks got it - so in that mode the bet is only placed in the price cell when you release the already clicked mouse - what happens if you release in a non-price cell? does it scrub the bet?

thanks - just tested this - I like the fact that after the down-click the price cell is highlighted with a border to show which price cell you are in and this border moves as you change the mouse position prior to the mouse release so you know which price cell you are releasing in.

In answer to my question above, if you stray outside of the odds column cells with the cursor between the mouse down-click and release, the bet is scrubbed even if you return to the original price cell before release - question answered - thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”