New beta version of Bet Angel v1.59.0 - Now on general release

Tuco

A variation of the price-cell border that I've often thought would be good - in the in-play trader if the selection name could become bold (before you've clicked) when you are in that selection cell just to visually confirm that you are in the correct active cell - alternatively if the entire cell could highlight in a colour that would be another way to highlight the active selection cell and help avoid any mistakes.
Tuco

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:42 pm
Tuco wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:58 pm
English Premier League - Rock Bottom 2021/22

Betfair have SETTLED and REMOVED Man City & Liverpool from the above market which now has 18 selections.

BetAngel v1.59.0_b1 still shows 20 selections including Man City & Liverpool though you can't place any bets on Man City or Liverpool - if you try and place any bets a message at the bottom says: "That runner does not exist in the market"
They haven't removed the selections, they've just marked them as LOSER. We now keep Winner, Placed & Loser in the display so that people can see the win status after the event, but hadn't realised this is what happens to longer term markets. We'll look into it and hopefully will be able to remove the selections until the market is fully settled.
we can currently choose the number of ladders between 1 and 18 to be displayed in a market but we cannot do the same on the one-click screen - it would be good if we could choose to temporarily remove selections from a one-click screen thus saving CPU resources - change markets and then go back to the original market would return to all selections displayed on the main screen or close a spawned one-click scereen and re-spawn the same market would display all the selections again might be a way of achieving this.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks for the suggestions for new features, but could you raise them in their own threads in the suggestions area so that this thread stays focused on understanding this release, any bugs found and their fixes.
That also means we can properly track '+1' support for each of the suggestions to see which can be justified against the cost of development.
Derek27

The software I was using before BA used to sound like a machine gun when penny shavers were firing their pennies at my waiting bet, so it's nice to have that 'prevent repeat alerts' sound setting in this new version. :D
sniffer66

Not sure if its by design now, or a minor bug but if I load a coupon and apply a baf to the results, when I reload the coupon and select "Clear Guardian and Watch List", the baf is still applied to any matches that remain from the previous days "Find Markets" results.
Typically I do this for 25 hours on the days footy, so there's the odd match remaining from the previous day.

I'm sure previously applied baf's used to be removed in older versions
PeterC

I've noticed when monitoring the lower area in Guardian that the Unmatched Bets tab doesn't correctly reflect my unmatched bets
It doesn't matter how much I switch between windows or refresh or take any other action, unmatched bets do not appear here
Example below where unmatched bets are correctly shown at the bottom of the main screen...

Also, the Matched Bets tab in Guardian seems to need a nudge to display all matched bets (I can achieve this by ticking then unticking the Average Odds checkbox)

2022-03-17 13_41_19-Bet Angel - Guardian.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks sniffer66 & PeterC - it'll be next week until we can try to recreate those issues, but we'll look into them and come back if we need further information.
Tuco

Tuco wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:58 pm
...don't know whether it's deliberate, but v1.59.0_b1 is not removing selections from a market when they have been removed by Betfair - there are many examples of this that I've come across over the past couple of days, but here's a couple:

English Premier League - Relegation 2021/22

Betfair have SETTLED and REMOVED Liverpool from the above market which now has 19 selections.

BetAngel v1.59.0_b1 still shows 20 selections including Liverpool though you can't place any bets on Liverpool - if you try and place any bets a message at the bottom says: "That runner does not exist in the market"

...is this a bug or a deliberate piece of code?

another example:

English Premier League - Rock Bottom 2021/22

Betfair have SETTLED and REMOVED Man City & Liverpool from the above market which now has 18 selections.

BetAngel v1.59.0_b1 still shows 20 selections including Man City & Liverpool though you can't place any bets on Man City or Liverpool - if you try and place any bets a message at the bottom says: "That runner does not exist in the market"
...if you are using the ladder interface with one of these markets with "runners that do not exist in the market" (see Champions League Winner, Europa League Winner etc...), if you click the "1-2-3 Reorder the selections in the ladders ascending order" button, it will start with the runners that do not exist in the market, meaning you cannot use that re-order feature in such markets on the ladder :(

The way forward is to be able to choose to remove selected runners from the market in both the ladder and one-click interfaces :)
Denetopliss

I'm not sure if its something I am doing wrong, but the restricted refresh in Guardian doesn't seem to be working correctly.
It only seems to refresh the market in play and the following one. Changing the seconds before and after start time seems to have no effect.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:17 pm
...if you are using the ladder interface with one of these markets with "runners that do not exist in the market" (see Champions League Winner, Europa League Winner etc...), if you click the "1-2-3 Reorder the selections in the ladders ascending order" button, it will start with the runners that do not exist in the market, meaning you cannot use that re-order feature in such markets on the ladder :(
The bug that leaves winners & losers visible in markets that haven't yet been settled was logged when you first reported it. Fixing that will remove them from each screen including the ladder.
Trader Pat

Denetopliss wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:57 am
I'm not sure if its something I am doing wrong, but the restricted refresh in Guardian doesn't seem to be working correctly.
It only seems to refresh the market in play and the following one. Changing the seconds before and after start time seems to have no effect.
Hard to tell from just a description.

Post a screen grab of your market list and refresh settings and somebody should be able to help you out.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Denetopliss wrote:
Just tested it and it's still working ok here.
Could you give an example of the markets you've got loaded and the Restricted Refresh settings you are using. If you could upload a screenshot showing those settings and the Guardian Markets List showing the market name, Last update & Start time columns, that might help spot the issue.
Denetopliss

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:35 am
Denetopliss wrote:
Just tested it and it's still working ok here.
Could you give an example of the markets you've got loaded and the Restricted Refresh settings you are using. If you could upload a screenshot showing those settings and the Guardian Markets List showing the market name, Last update & Start time columns, that might help spot the issue.
I've just realised that it was my mistake :roll:.... however, could you check that its possible to store the selections win status as text, when restricted refresh is selected? It was that I was having a particular issue with.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Denetopliss wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:44 pm
I've just realised that it was my mistake :roll:.... however, could you check that its possible to store the selections win status as text, when restricted refresh is selected? It was that I was having a particular issue with.
Yes, just tested it and It works with restricted refresh ticked, as long as the market settles inside the restricted refresh time window. i.e. The Automation rule that will be setting the text SV with Win Status will only run if the market is allowed to get a refresh.
You also need to have 'Allow trigger when market suspended' ticked on the General page of the Automation rule that sets your Stored Value because the market will be suspended when settlement comes through.
Denetopliss

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:15 pm
Denetopliss wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:44 pm
Yes, just tested it and It works with restricted refresh ticked, as long as the market settles inside the restricted refresh time window. i.e. The Automation rule that will be setting the text SV with Win Status will only run if the market is allowed to get a refresh.
You also need to have 'Allow trigger when market suspended' ticked on the General page of the Automation rule that sets your Stored Value because the market will be suspended when settlement comes through.
I think I've got it working okay now. I didn't realise that the automation would stop immediately after the win status is set.
I've just set any subsequent triggers to be always armed and that has done the trick.
Thanks for your help

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”