New beta version of Bet Angel v1.59.0 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We are pleased to announce that a new beta version of Bet Angel Professional is available v1.59.0 beta2

Download it from here: - https://www.betangel.com/securedownloads/BAP_1_59_2.exe

Bet Angel VPS only version: - https://www.betangel.com/securedownloads/BAPSE_1_59_2.exe

Edit: 28th March for release of beta2
Edited: 12th April to update download links ready for general release.
Edited: 4th Oct to update links to v1.59.2

We have tested this in alpha over the last few weeks and any bugs found have been fixed. We feel it’s ready for beta release to the community ahead of its formal public release.

As with all betas, please gain confidence with the version before using full stakes. If you spot any issues, please post them to this thread.

In this version we have added Markers to In-play Trader to allow you to trade from your own custom indicators, added new Sound Alerts for bet matching, enhanced the Market Overview to support history lists, added three new TPD data items, added the Win Status of a selection in various places throughout Bet Angel, made additions to Automation including a ‘Bet Angel’ level of Stored Value. Also a number of customer ideas and suggestions have been implemented. All changes are detailed below.

Features of v1.59.0

In-play Trader
  • In-play Trader now supports Markers where you can overlay extra custom indicators on to the selection’s row.
    • Markers can be placed on the x-axis by price or percentage (either entered directly or via Stored Value)
    • Marker styles can be bars, lines, circles, squares, or jockey silks. Sizes, colours and relative position to the centre line can be adjusted as required.
  • As with other screens, customisation will be saved to a named profile and the new in-play trader profile editor can be accessed via the Settings menu or by right clicking on the toolbar.
    • As well as defining markers, the profile also provides override options for the standard toolbar items. So you can quickly switch from one in-play style to another
    • Note: Some toolbar items have been moved into the Settings menu to save space.

Sound Alerts (via Bet Angel Settings)
  • New sound alerts for partial matching and complete matching of a bet
  • In-play / Suspended / Countdown / Bet Matched alerts now have options to monitor all trading screens and Guardian markets if you want to extend the alerts beyond the main trading screen

Market Overview chart
  • New settings to support the plotting of a chosen History List rather than just the back / lay price
    • By using Automation to populate a History List you can now use the overview chart to give a view of your own custom indicator across the whole field.
    • Various new menu item options have been added to support the display of History Lists and to define a fixed y-axis scale if required.

Total Performance Data
  • TPD Information category has been added to the One-click custom columns and the Ladder’s Additional Information area
    • Allows some of the standard TPD information to be displayed on those screens without having to use Stored Values. Stored Values should still be used if you wish to calculate averages or derive your own complex indicators from TPD values
  • The TPD ratings Velocity Fluctuation, Velocity Error & Cadence Error have been added.
    • In each case the ratings are relative to the field as a whole and the lower the value the better for a runner. TPD recommend that the values should be used in the early and middle stages of the race (perhaps to lay a runner that has high ratings) rather than during the final sprint to the finish. Velocity Fluctuation measures the consistency of the velocity of the horse. Velocity Error (also known as ‘Off Par’) measures how well a horse a running to the par of the course. Cadence Error measures the regularity of the horse’s rhythm.

Win Status
  • The Win Status of a selection will be set by betfair as the market is closed and this can now be displayed on a one-click custom column, in the Ladder’s Additional Info area, on the Guardian markets list & in a Watch List (both as custom columns). It can also be sent to Excel and used in Automation.
  • The Win Status will also be appended to the Profit and Loss Report generated by Guardian on Market Closure

Automation
  • New 'Bet Angel' level of Stored Values – the named Stored Value will be shared across every market used in this instance of Bet Angel
  • ‘Stored a value’ & ‘Stored Value condition’ pages of the Automation Rules Editor: a 'Price of a selection' subcategory has been created to tidy-up the picklist and allow 2nd & 3rd best prices to be offered as price options
  • ‘A selection’s Win Status’ and ‘The market type’ have been added as value types for the Store a value as text page.
  • Two new conditions in the Automation Rules Editor:
    • ‘Market Type’ – used to test the type of market running the rules (WIN, MATCH_ODDS, OVER_UNDER_xx etc)
    • ‘Market Status’ – used to test if the market is open, suspended or closed. Note the new tick box below!
  • A new tick box has been added to the General page of the Automation Rules Editor: ‘Allow trigger when market suspended’ – normally automation rules do not trigger when the market is suspended or when the market is closed (settled), but now that you can use the Win Status of a selection with Stored values and have the Market Status condition, this is a necessary addition.
  • The 'Switch to This Market' rule type has been renamed as 'Display a Market on a Trading screen' with many new parameters to display market (or another market type from the same Event from Guardian) in a specific window. Also includes the ability to start a Servant on the new window.
    • This is very powerful and could be used in a number of ways, but one idea was to have a Servant that automatically loads various sub markets of a football match on to secondary ladder screens when activated by Match Odds on the main screen

Ladder
  • A new setting ‘Bet Placement - In-play Delay Countdown’ on the Unmatched Bets page of Ladder Settings allows the placing bet countdown to be shown directly on the ladder when an in-play delay is active.
  • A new 'Mouse cursor mode for bet placement' picklist has been added to the General page of Ladder Settings – it optionally allows the mouse to change price cells between down & up clicks during bet placement.
  • ’Suspended Indicator’ has been added as a preset item to the Ladder’s Additional Information area settings. Note: Although displayed as text, the item has a value of 1 when suspended so that Value Based Colouring can be used.
  • The Jockey Silk can be added as an item in the Ladder’s Additional Information Area. It’ll also be sized based on the row height. So is a great way to see a large prompt of the current horse at the top of the ladder.

Other changes
  • Saddle cloth colours added as silks for Greyhounds and US Racing
  • Support for coupled saddle cloth numbers in US Racing (1A, 2B etc), also works with TPD so that each runner is paired with the correct race data
  • GBP minimum currency limit reduced to £1, so that the multi-step bet placement process won’t need to occur for stakes between £1 & £2
  • Suspended indicator on One-click & Ladder screens now show ‘Closed’ text when the market is closed and settled
  • Additional optimisations applied to Guardian to reduce CPU usage when holding hundreds of markets
  • In the Guardian Markets List custom columns and the Watch List custom columns editors, the sort to be used when choosing a selection 'by position' is now an option. This means the display isn’t forced to be using the same sort as used by Automation.
  • Spawned One-click and Ladder screens are now numbered in the title bar to help keep track of which window is which

Beta 2 changes
  • 'Display a Market on a Trading screen' Automation rule now has the ability to move the mouse on the displayed screen and trigger a keyboard shortcut at that location
  • In-play Trader, new options have been added to the toolbar picklist so that price gaps can be skipped when using custom ticks to set the betting price for a mouse click
  • The colour of the Bet Placement indicator can be changed (via Display page of Bet Angel Settings)
  • bug fix to Guardian Markets List to ensure Automation Rules are cleared when the Coupon's 'Clear Guardian and Watch List' option is used.
  • bug fix to unmatched & matched bets display in Guardian. Some customers found the screens weren't always updating, we have fixed the issues that we were able to recreate.
  • bug fix for when markets are partly settled but still open for betting, betfair hides the selections marked as Winners & Losers, but Bet Angel was not hiding these in beta1.
  • bug fix on the Market Type condition page, it was not resizing properly when the editor was resized
Trader Pat

Lots more goodies to get stuck into!

You guys outdo yourselves with every update.

👍👍👍👍👍
petricamoise

Great update! Thank you

"Bet Placement - In-play Delay Countdown" can the colors be changed for this countdown? Can`t seem to find it.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

petricamoise wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:48 pm
"Bet Placement - In-play Delay Countdown" can the colors be changed for this countdown? Can`t seem to find it.
No, it just uses the standard red and white colouring of the placing bets indicator from the Unmatched Bets area.
If enough people want that to be configurable, I guess we could add a colour setting.
petricamoise

That will be great. For an inplay scalper it`s too bright for my eyes seeing that so often.
sniffer66

Great stuff. Thanks !
tlkjb

Thanks Bet Angel.

With the new "Bet Angel" - Stored Value level: When having a lot of markets running at same time, should you use this as little as possible? (for performance)
sniffer66

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me , that by using a combination of values from the new automation updates, it would now be possible (for someone silly enough) to implement recovery staking. If you know you've backed a selection, and you know it's lost, you could increment a BA level stored value to use as a stake SV in your next market.
Korattt

well done team
Dabbla

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:13 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me , that by using a combination of values from the new automation updates, it would now be possible (for someone silly enough) to implement recovery staking. If you know you've backed a selection, and you know it's lost, you could increment a BA level stored value to use as a stake SV in your next market.
I have tried to make a martingale with the new features but didn’t get very far. Although I suspect its possible.

I decided making snowmen race would be a better use of my time.
SNOW1.PNG
:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
petricamoise

"If you spot any issues, please post them to this thread."

Not quite an issue, but an annoyance. I`m trading football, inplay. When the market is closed the "partial match" sound plays for like 10-15 times (I usually have 4-6 ladders open) altough I have no open bets, all are matched. It plays also several times if only the main window is open.
It does also sometimes during the match after a suspension/unsuspention. Noticed that after a red card, played for several times.
Euler

We have had one other report of this, so will investigate and look to correct this.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

tlkjb wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:03 pm
Thanks Bet Angel.

With the new "Bet Angel" - Stored Value level: When having a lot of markets running at same time, should you use this as little as possible? (for performance)
No, it'll be fine as it's only holding one value per name used and is extremely quick to extract.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

petricamoise wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:07 pm
Not quite an issue, but an annoyance. I`m trading football, inplay. When the market is closed the "partial match" sound plays for like 10-15 times (I usually have 4-6 ladders open) altough I have no open bets, all are matched. It plays also several times if only the main window is open.
It does also sometimes during the match after a suspension/unsuspention. Noticed that after a red card, played for several times.
We think we've worked out what's causing that and yes it would have only occurred in a football match on a suspension - we've patched today's release with the aim to fix the repeated alert asap, so please download/install again from the link in the first post and let us know how you get on.
If it still happens we'll dig deeper and spend more time investigating the issue.
PeterLe

Cracking update. I was planning to go on a long early morning bike ride tomorrow, but that's been cancelled by the new version as Ill be playing with that now :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”