New beta version of Bet Angel v1.60.0 - Now on general release

tlkjb

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:37 am
Top left quadrant of the screen, tick box, 'Refresh every' - Use drop down menu, it's the top item on the list.
Thanks, I couldn't find it either

For me it's just a bit strange that you don't have this option also in the "Settings" - "Communications"
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

tlkjb wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:08 pm
Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:37 am
Top left quadrant of the screen, tick box, 'Refresh every' - Use drop down menu, it's the top item on the list.
Thanks, I couldn't find it either

For me it's just a bit strange that you don't have this option also in the "Settings" - "Communications"
The setting affects the refresh of the main trading screen and not the whole application so it made sense to add it to the refresh pick list on the main screen.
Vovsen

Woahh nice theres a new update - thank you so much!!

And this opening of multiple ladders with one click is genious, been hoping for some solution to this for years.

Two quick questions/feedback:

1. Dealing with Ladder Windows via Guardian
Is there a reason why I cant change the behavior so that when I click on a market in Guardian,
it will automatically sync with my current Ladder Window with the market I have clicked on in Guardian,
or could it be possible to doubleclick the market in Guardian and it opens in a New Ladder Window,
or that double clicking the market in Guardian, Opens the Ladder in BetAngel Screen, instead of it opening the One-Click Screen and having to click on Ladder?
I have not found a good way to do this, and it is tiring and slow to drag and drop all these markets into my Ladder Windows.
Sometimes I have 30 markets starting at the same time and just want to switch between specific ones, and the next market cycle feature is too slow for that.
Also the BetAngel screen top Header takes up alot of uneeded space that I prefer to use Ladder Windows, and use shortcuts instead for bet settings.

2. More Guardian Alerts instead of Custom Columns
Is it possible you can increase the number of Guardian Alerts Columns from 5 to more than that, like you did with History Lists?
Right now there is 5 Guardians Alerts and 2 WL Alerts that are better/easier in alot of ways than Custom Columns
I really would like atleast 8-12 of these Guardian Alert Columns, or even more as they are much easier to configure than Custom Columns,
and can do things in a way I cant do easily with Custom Columns or are way more complex to setup through bot rules,
And its also much easier to import/transfer these between my Laptops and VPS, than having to import all the custom settings/formats for the Custom Guardian Columns, that I have a long list of.
Basically my whole screen is full of 50+ Guardian Custom Columns that I would like to convert to Guardian Alert Columns instead.

Those have been my main issues for a while now, hope this feedback can help improve it for others as well.

Thanks again, as always this is great work!

EDIT: Sorry that got a bit longer than I expected, but needed to explain the full context
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Vovsen wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:32 pm

And this opening of multiple ladders with one click is genious, been hoping for some solution to this for years.

The easiest way would be to setup a keyboard Shortcut to spawn a new Ladder Window. So in this example, I highlight the market in Guardian, press Ctrl+L and the market is loaded into a Ladder window.
ladderShortcut.png
Vovsen wrote:
Each in-built column that is added to the Guardian market list (whether visible or not) increases the CPU & memory overheads, so unless there is a lot of demand for more in-built Alert columns that isn't something we'd want to add. Although the setup of a custom column takes longer, they are a much more efficient use of the column as each one can serve so many purposes.
Which particular feature of an Alert column do you use that a custom column cannot satisfy?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vovsen

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:03 pm
The easiest way would be to setup a keyboard Shortcut to spawn a new Ladder Window. So in this example, I highlight the market in Guardian, press Ctrl+L and the market is loaded into a Ladder window.

ladderShortcut.png
Thank you for your response, yes that is feature I have tried and stopped using because:

The context for the use case here is navigating many market ladders quickly and casually. I only need to quickly glance the ladders for markets in less than a second to know if its tradeable, and quickly move on to a specific other one, for example in a list of at least 30 Guardian Markets, but on average its probably more like 80 Guardian Markets, when there are markets starting a bit later and if you also have other sports in Guardian, while getting Alerts on various markets.

Imagine for example constantly opening, closing and switching Ladders 100+ times in less than 10 minutes when there is teamnews for 50+ matches starting at the same time, or if some Alert has triggered for a given market in Guardian. I will be using Dallas new template for this when there are certain Over 1.5, 2.5 etc. markets starting at the same time, however mostly I am switching between all Football leagues Match Odds Ladders, and only need to open one Market in a Ladder at a time. Especially on Saturdays. At the same time I am avoiding to type out other profitable use case scenarios to not reveal edges in relation to my previous posts.

-The suggestion you wrote opens a New Ladder Window, instead of opening the market in the Ladder Window I already have open. After that I would have to close the original Ladder Window I had open, requiring an extra click, and repeat that process for every market, which turns into a lot of extra unnecessary clicks very quickly.

-It requires you to have your other hand on the keyboard, and is a lot of extra keyboard input very quickly, instead of a casual one-click with the mouse and having your left hand free to relax or having a phone call, snack or smoke, without moving your hand to or greasing up the keyboard.

-Dragging and dropping the market into my current Ladder Window is currently the best casual and quick way to navigate Ladders across so many markets. While having the best overview of as many ticks of the ladder as possible, but drag and drop takes maybe around 100 MS slower to do, moving your mouse back and forth between Guardian and the ladder, rather than just clicking once, and then right after clicking on a different market in a list of many markets in Guardian. This also turns into a lot of wasted time very quickly.

-The last current option available in Guardian, of right clicking the market and then choosing the option to open in a New Ladder Window is mostly worse than drag and drop, and often there is a missclick when trying to be really fast.

-It seems counter intuitive that Ladders are not as easy and quick to open as One-Click Screen, since Ladder is by far the more detailed and important info, which is also evidenced by other software all having ladders, and some of the greatest traders here in general using and recommending Ladders above all else. As well as the fact that there are more posts and views in the Customization part of this forum, for the Ladder section.

-Double clicking the market in Guardian opens the One Click view in the Bet Angel Screen, and then you have to move your cursor and click on the Ladder tab an extra time afterwards.

It would save an incredible amount of time very quickly, and not feel so much like a chore if there were any or all of these options/behavior settings:

1. Allow a setting for you to click once on a market in Guardian and it opens the market in the Bet Angel Screen Ladder (Sync mouse click with Bet Angel Screen Ladder)

2. Allow a setting for you to click once on a market in Guardian and it opens the market in the Current Ladder Window (Sync mouse double click with Last Used Ladder Window)

(Both 1 and 2 is needed for differing scenarios. 1. would be for slight faster refresh by not having other Ladders open, and the 2. would be ideal for when having multiple Ladders from different markets open, or when you need a bigger ladder overview than the Bet Angel Screen can provide due to the top header not being minimizable and taking a lot of space, compared to the extra Ladder ticks you can fit into a Ladder Window.)

3. Or allow us to choose the behaviour above ourselves when double clicking, although only clicking once to open a Ladder in either the Last Used Ladder Window, the Bet Angel Screen or in a New Ladder Window,, would be highly preferred.

4. Allow us to reorder the Bet Angel Screen tabs, so that instead of opening the One Click Screen first, it opens the Ladder instead.

I have been in great need of this since the first day of getting Bet Angel years ago, and it is actually frustrating/reminding every time I open a market that it could be faster and I am potentially missing out on profit or getting a loss because of it. I spoke with non BA users who would be interested in becoming subscribers should this become faster.

Dallas new template is a great help on certain markets/days, but is much more rare to use for me personally, or when there is only a couple of matches such as with World Cup right now.

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:03 pm

Each in-built column that is added to the Guardian market list (whether visible or not) increases the CPU & memory overheads, so unless there is a lot of demand for more in-built Alert columns that isn't something we'd want to add. Although the setup of a custom column takes longer, they are a much more efficient use of the column as each one can serve so many purposes.
Which particular feature of an Alert column do you use that a custom column cannot satisfy?
Okay I see, was not aware that it would impact performance despite not being in use. However they became much more useful to me recently after you guys added the option of having them show Stored Values and you increased the number of History Lists.

Then I would only ask for just 1-4 Guardian Alerts more at most, which would be great for the following as an example:

Match Odds
3 Guardian Alerts that constantly show the current back prices of Betfair Row1 Row2 and Row3
+
3 Guardian Alerts that constantly show a stored value for a History List of Betfair Row1 Row2 and Row3
+
3 Guardian Alerts that constantly show or flash an Alert or stored value of Betfair Row1 Row2 and Row3 for a History List or other calculated stored value, for example Volume, Book%, Volume % Increase or other Calculations/Alerts like for example a spike or reversal alert, or to show the selection name.
=
9 Guardian Alerts in total

If that is too much for you to add for performance reasons, I really hope that I can just get 1 more Guardian Alert option so there is a total of 6 available, so I can have atleast have the 3+3 for each row in the Match Odds market, and then I will have to try and fit the rest into Watchlist Alert 1 and 2, although I am struggling to find room there.

It is also relevant for other markets like Horse Racing, or other Winner Markets, I could rank the first 9 selections, so that it atleast covers 8 horse markets and show Guardian Alerts for those, and the custom ranking is also a key part for other reasons.

The rest I will then handle through Custom Columns, fully understanding the issue with performance now.

This could be used as work around for not having the option to get the Micro Chart in Guardian, so you can easily glance in Guardian to see movement as an example, that I suggested in the past, but that was not possible and understandably so.

However it is especially due to the following advantages of Alerts vs Custom Columns as you asked for:

- Guardian Alerts can easily be auto cleared, and overwrite previous alerts, without having to create extra automation rules and Custom Columns for each and every scenario, and in my case there can be quite a lot of those.

- They can now easily be configured to contain other Stored Values or the Selection Name, instead of having to setup up Stored Values for this in extra automation rules and Custom Columns.

- They can flash in different colors

- Importing Custom Column formatting takes much longer, than using variations of Guardian Alerts for different colours, basically you do not even have to import, since it is contained within your automation file. Having to import 50+ Custom Columns, and then the Formatting Settings afterwards, one by one at a time, takes a long time when switching workstation/VPS or updating between several workstations, rather than just importing the automation rule with a single click.

- They are easier to keep track of and know what they are doing than the Custom Columns, because you can write Notes for them in the automation rule, but you cannot write Notes in the Custom Columns Settings/Formatting.

-You cannot sort the list of Custom Columns in the Custom Columns Settings, but can easily sort your automation rules.

-As an example if you are using the Watchlist, and the Watchlist Alert 1 for PnL, Watchlist 2 for Scorelines, And Guardian Alert 1 - 3 for calculations, then you can only use 2 more, whereas you probably need 3 more to cover the 3rd selection.

-I believe you cannot use Custom Columns in the Watchlist as far as I know. So instead I have to only use Guardian and Ladders.

I should have probably made a video of this instead to show the full context, and I am definately missing some other issues and points of feedback that I cannot remember at this moment, and left a few out that I would prefer not to write publicly.

I am very passionate about the user experience leaning more towards casual and lazy trading, but still focusing on better overviews, fast transitions between markets and workstations, and would be more than happy to provide further feedback.

Although I know you have your hands more than full of suggestions, I thought this would be close related to the new increase in History List and Dallas template of opening multiple markets, and it that it might be a quick fix.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and again, I am sorry for the long post but the Ladder thing would actually change my world and the extra Alert would be chefs kiss.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks for the detailed reply - probably best to raise the two requests as separate posts in the suggestions area and get some support from others. If we were to double the number of Alert columns we'd have to stress test to make sure it doesn't have any detrimental performance impact, so it'd need some support from others to justify that.

With regard to the ladders, considering your intention is just to browse the markets in Guardian and to reuse the same Ladder window, have you looked at the following keyboard shortcuts:

'Select the next market from Guardian / Watch List'
'Select the previous market from Guardian / Watch List'
'Select the next event from Guardian / Watch List'
'Select the previous event from Guardian / Watch List'

Each have a few customisation options.

One good usage is if you have a ladder on the Match Odds market, you can go back & forth between matches looking at the other Match Odds markets (even if you've got other types of markets in between them in Guardian). So you can dedicate ladders to certain market types and just use keys to navigate the matches (by going to next and previous Event). You never even have to click on Guardian beyond initially loading the matches (which can be done with a coupon).

A few of us use gaming mice which have extra programmable buttons; you hover over the ladder, click the mouse button that sends the next event keyboard shortcut and that's it, the next match is in front of you. It's a really quick way to handle loads of markets and all done with the mouse.
Vovsen

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:58 pm
......It's a really quick way to handle loads of markets and all done with the mouse.
Thank you again for the great support as always!!

I did try the keyboard shortcuts as you suggested (and with my MMO gaming mouse) but my wall of text probably obscured it a bit/I should have pointed that out better :)

Fully understand and see how to approach this now - will try in the Suggestion section instead

(Sorry that I hijacked this thread)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Vovsen wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:12 pm
I did try the keyboard shortcuts as you suggested (and with my MMO gaming mouse) but my wall of text probably obscured it a bit/I should have pointed that out better :)
No it's ok, I did see in the text that you tried my first suggested keyboard shortcuts - in the second reply I was suggesting a different set of shortcuts, ones that wouldn't spawn a new ladder window but instead will quickly switch the market in the current ladder window. Still might not be exactly what you want, but worth a try as they are very quick and are something that the current version supports.
annuity

Vovsen wrote:

Is there a reason why I cant change the behavior so that when I click on a market in Guardian,
it will automatically sync with my current Ladder Window with the market I have clicked on in Guardian,
or could it be possible to doubleclick the market in Guardian and it opens in a New Ladder Window,
or that double clicking the market in Guardian, Opens the Ladder in BetAngel Screen, instead of it opening the One-Click Screen and having to click on Ladder?
I have not found a good way to do this, and it is tiring and slow to drag and drop all these markets into my Ladder Windows.
Sometimes I have 30 markets starting at the same time and just want to switch between specific ones, and the next market cycle feature is too slow for that.
Also the BetAngel screen top Header takes up alot of uneeded space that I prefer to use Ladder Windows, and use shortcuts instead for bet settings.
If you have a whole screen spare where you can display the ladder and not needed to view other things, what you could do is pop out the ladder screen and then pin it so that when you double click on a market in Guardian instead of going to the one-click screen and then having to click on the ladder it will update that market on your pinned ladder screen. Hope that helps/makes sense.
Dabbla

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:58 am

Ladder
  • Following customer requests, each ladder can now display upto two Bet Information Areas - their relative position can be set in the same way as other ladder areas.
  • They can be configured to show Matched and/or Unmatched bet information about the selection
  • The display is very configurable (font / sort order / bet alignment etc) so you should find a setting that meets you needs.

Would it be possible to add the bet status to the Bet Information Areas ?. e.g keep , cancel , sp.

Also, some right click options that would effectively do the same as the unmatched bets tab.

Did we have the option to add 1 Bet Information Areas to the ladder before this update ? or is this a totally new feature?
PeterLe

I just noticed that the API documentation has been provided

https://www.betangel.com/api-guide/

I missed that the opening post had been edited by BA with the ink
Just in case anyone else was waiting for it...
Regards
Peter
Derek27

Thanks. I was so eager to take a look I forgot you have to install the new version first!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:57 pm

Would it be possible to add the bet status to the Bet Information Areas ?. e.g keep , cancel , sp.

Also, some right click options that would effectively do the same as the unmatched bets tab.

Did we have the option to add 1 Bet Information Areas to the ladder before this update ? or is this a totally new feature?
It's a totally new feature.

What right click options were you wanting? I'm assuming that you mean the ability to change the persistence between 'keep / cancel / take sp'.... seems a good idea & shouldn't be too difficult ( that's probably tempting fate! ).
Dabbla

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:44 pm
Dabbla wrote:

What right click options were you wanting? I'm assuming that you mean the ability to change the persistence between 'keep / cancel / take sp'.... seems a good idea & shouldn't be too difficult ( that's probably tempting fate! ).
If you could right click and keep individual bets, keep all bets for example, that would be handy.
In my normal setup, I just have the buttons showing on the unmatched tab , so when it comes to changing a bet, I have to mess about resizing it. With this new update it makes everything a little more streamlined.
Thanks
Derek27

Dabbla wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:04 pm
Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:44 pm
Dabbla wrote:

If you could right click and keep individual bets, keep all bets for example, that would be handy.
In my normal setup, I just have the buttons showing on the unmatched tab , so when it comes to changing a bet, I have to mess about resizing it. With this new update it makes everything a little more streamlined.
Thanks
+1, and same here. I minimize my unmatched bets screen. It would be really handy if you could change the persistance of bets on the ladder.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”