New Bet Angel Professional Beta 1.37 - API NG

Tuco

This morning at 08:04am I received a read confirmation to the email I sent last night which I will happily forward if necessary which is why I'm surprised the email had not yet been received. Anyway it has also now been forwarded to [email protected] so this should help clear things up.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks for those, we've just replied. The first thing to eliminate is a system clock issue. Make sure the date / time & timezone are correct on both PCs. That could explain why some of the matched bets are missing.
Tuco

I've just looked on the old betfair site and it says the first bet I placed on this market was bet id 43546694398 matched on 16-Nov-14 at 21:11, but on BAP under the matched bets tab the first matched bet is bet id 44025404397 matched on 30-Nov-14 at 19:42:22 so there is a discrepancy there. I've just looked in Guardian and it says I have exactly 1000 matched bets in this market - I know there are considerably more so this is another issue and perhaps where these problems and issues lie. Both laptops are (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London and are within 1 second of one another. At night I always exit then close down both laptops.
Tuco

So perhaps it resets the matched bets to a maximum of 1000 when the market is opened? I'm over 1000 again now so will re-boot laptop 2 to see what it says - brb
Tuco

Re-booted laptop 2 and the matched bets has been reduced in number to 999 which is the latest 999 bets so all the older ones have now been removed from the calculations, hence the difference between the 2 laptop screens and hence the difference with the old betfair website. So the new Betfair API is only good for 999 bets and beyond that is inaccurate in any given market.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The API does have a maximum limit of 1000 bets in a request. Bet Angel is written to build up the bet history (in blocks of 999 at a time), but what you've seen suggests that isn't working properly. We'll investigate further.
Tuco

Many thanks - we'll get to the bottom of this :)
Euler

Hi Tuco, I understand this has been resolved now?
Tuco

Good evening Euler :)

Yes I'm pleased to confirm that all is now OK with regards to the 'net stakes' and 'P&L trading column' and 'one-touch greening' button (which naturally I choose not to use, but its nice to see its value.)

All the best, Tuco
Tuco

Good morning chaps - just wanted to re-confirm the latest BAP version is still running fine to date :)

This morning when browsing the forum I came across the BAP v1.36.0 beta version which I tried to install, but of course with the API changes it came up as being expired.

I was certainly one who requested the ladder should show the LTP and I note the comments from other trialists. I would still like this additional ladder info so perhaps there could be a 'switch on /switch off' option on the ladder page or in the ladder settings would be a good compromise. I understand that in a quick moving in-play scenario one may want to switch this feature off, but in all other circumstances I for one would find it most useful.

Hopefully this modifed version of this feature could be introduced with the next BAP release?
Euler

It should be in there but switched off at the moment.
Tuco

Thank you Peter - yes it is there, right in front of my eyes in the edit settings area of the ladder - looks absolutely perfect, thank you Sir :D
Tuco

Just to add, the corrected BAP is running fine, except as previously mentioned the LTP's are still wildly inaccurate and unreliable. If you look at the SPOTY graph on the 'old' BF site you will see that Jo Pavey was last matched at 40.0 and you will see that it has been months since she has been matched at 150 or above, yet the 'new' BF site and BAP show her LTP to be 150 making this set of LTP data wildly inaccurate and sadly unusable.
Euler

Betfair have promised to address this.
LeTiss

They should fix it ASAP

I suspect there's 1 or 2 bots that have misfired because of that, as LTP is an option on BA automation

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”