micro chart

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
eatyourgreens

Hi all, hope you are all well! :-)

I was recently watching the micro chart on the one click screen, I was on a greyhound race and I was watching the chart on a mid-priced dog about 4/5 minutes b4 off time.
The chart was up and down more times than a tarts knickers, then I noticed that the volume traded on that selection was 0, how can that be? could it be because of cross matching?
Sorry if this is a silly question, I am still learning about the markets and the way they behave :-)
Thanx any advice and goodluck to all!
gazuty

The chart represents the available price, not the last traded price.

So a bot probes for orders and tests the market, the chart moves around, even if the price is not hit.
eatyourgreens

Thankyou for your reply Gazuty,
So does that mean that if the tart is pulling knickers up the lay price has drifted, and when they are down the back price has shortened?...........because if I remember correctly (doubtful at my age!), neither price moved.
Underneath the bonnet of the betfair exchange, do orders get matched at prices we dont see? like, if an offered back price was 4.1 and an offered lay price 4.2, behind the scenes cross matching could match at 4.15?
thanx again
ShaunWhite

eatyourgreens wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:23 am
do orders get matched at prices we dont see? like, if an offered back price was 4.1 and an offered lay price 4.2, behind the scenes cross matching could match at 4.15?
I'm not sure where 4.15 comes into it? Cross matching is matching across different selections or markets. Eg A lay on Player A and a back on Player B, or a lay on dog A and backs on the others.
https://www.betfairtradingblog.com/betf ... -matching/
gazuty

OP for additional clarity - you and I are talking about the "micro chart" in bet angel. That micro-chart is simply showing the current available back price (ie the highest unmatched lay bet available for another person to match by backing at).

Matched bets are not the determinant of the micro chart. In fact if a bet is matched on a selection the micro chart doesn't change on that selection unless the backing activity exhausts all of the available back price and drops it to the next level.

Hence what you are seeing when the micro-chart is moving about on the selection but there is no matched betting activity in the selction - in your language - is the tart flashing her wares, giving you a peek, without doing the business.

There are bots that probe and test for available action. That is what you are seeing.
eatyourgreens

Thank you both for replies,

I am not sure where the 4.15 come from either, that was a poor example on my part,sorry.

And yes, I am refering to the BA micro-chart.

Just to help me on my way, and to give me more ideas on how to loose money, am I right in assuming (from previous replies) that the micro chart is only determined by the available back price? i.e a selection is at 4 to back and 5 to lay, it then moves to 4.1 to back and 5 to lay (chart goes up) ....it then moves to 4.2 to back and 5 to lay (chart goes up again).........next it is 4.2 to back and 4.9 to lay, chart stays the same?, does not come down?
thanx again :-)
gazuty

eatyourgreens wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:05 am
Thank you both for replies,

I am not sure where the 4.15 come from either, that was a poor example on my part,sorry.

And yes, I am refering to the BA micro-chart.

Just to help me on my way, and to give me more ideas on how to loose money, am I right in assuming (from previous replies) that the micro chart is only determined by the available back price? i.e a selection is at 4 to back and 5 to lay, it then moves to 4.1 to back and 5 to lay (chart goes up) ....it then moves to 4.2 to back and 5 to lay (chart goes up again).........next it is 4.2 to back and 4.9 to lay, chart stays the same?, does not come down?
thanx again :-)
You got it.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”