Advantages of betangel?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
Georget79

Hello all,

I'm new here and for a while I've been using geeks toy to try trade pre race, but yet to become profitable.

I might give betangel a try but wondered what, of any, advantages there are of using betangel to trade pre race over geeks toy?

Is it simply a case of some people find different platforms easier to use, or are there some real advantages anyone can think of that could help someone improve using betangel?

Many thanks
Frogmella

To answer that, people would have to have detailed knowledge of both applications. It would surprise me if many people migrate between them particularly as it takes so much effort to master everything that Bet Angel can do. Why would you want to start the learning curve all over again?
As a general principal I would say that if your trading is unprofitable using Geeks Toy so it will be using Bet Angel until you change your approach.
Dallas

Georget79 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:24 pm
Hello all,

I'm new here and for a while I've been using geeks toy to try trade pre race, but yet to become profitable.

I might give betangel a try but wondered what, of any, advantages there are of using betangel to trade pre race over geeks toy?

Is it simply a case of some people find different platforms easier to use, or are there some real advantages anyone can think of that could help someone improve using betangel?

Many thanks
There is such a range of additional features Bet Angel Pro has to offer which aren't found in GT or any other software

As a general guide the following features/tools on this review page are not available in GT;
2, 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bet ... eview.html

In addition to those there are also the following
Customizable market overview
Customizable ladder screen
customizable one-click screen
customizable In-Play Trader
quick bets
coupons
TPD Integration

There will be many more options and features BA offers but those are the bulk of the main ones

TBH the sheer number of additional features Pro has packed into it its a bit of an unfair comparison, if you look at Bet Angel Trader that is more in line with GT and other software offering a similar set of features.
eightbo

Use both products.

First of all, GT is never updated in a meaningful way, i.e. only seem to make changes when they absolutely must.
There are several bugs, for example their stop loss isn't working consistently, meaning you can't rely on on it trading on any real size as you'll get double orders and stuff. I think we can all agree, stop loss is such a basic feature for a trader so it just shows their lack of interest imo.

It has been that way for years, while BA continues to regularly add useful features over time, which means the gap between BA and GT has been continually growing imo.

It's a complete landslide for BA overall in comparison, especially with the automation capabilities, however objectively for me GT does seem to perform better with the 20ms refresh on manual from my observations (more visual info updates frame by frame, if I recall correctly it was specifically the LTP data), and GT can be set up in a very lightweight way which can be useful, especailly if on limited screen space, but I have not fully compared this with BA recently so this might not even be relevant anymore.

I would suggest exploring BA trial if you haven't already. Make sure you have some time set aside to get around to a lot of the features in that trial period, because there really are a lot. And make use of the video tutorials etc. on youtube.

I feel GT is a dying product, but is still usable, however has many limitations.
As such, my honest opinion: BA is a must for all serious traders in 2022, while GT is only optional.
stratmaker10

I subscribe to BF Bot and Bet Angel

Preference wise I prefer BF Bot over Bet Angel - it just has little things like auto loading markets and stuff you have to do everyday in BA you do not have to do with BF

the only other difference is excel .. but really you can build this stuff using rules anyway - so its bit overhyped in a way.

really it depends on what you need to be honest

Also the forums here - its funny - you ask a simple question and you are given a tonne of links to things that do not answer your question - you really got to sort through it to get where you need to be ... probably too - in the videos for Bet Angel - its funny I find them next to useless and I will tell you why.

Many people are wanting very specific strategies or controls but when you watch a video - its almost pointless to do the video and say well there is more to it than this look for more videos or read this or that... its like ok thats 42% of the easiest stuff I need - but the 58% of the real important stuff is not there and there is no real answer.

This I guess is the difference between making money and losing money - and being successful and not successful... so either its not figured out yet - or they do not want to give away the answer.

Trial everything - find the one that does what your looking for - and do not believe the hype thinking these products are going to print you money ... you need a fairly solid idea to build around to be profitable.

(( when I came here I thought Bet Angel would blow everything else away - this was my impression - as a user now - well I know that is not the reality ))
Derek27

stratmaker10 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:28 pm
I subscribe to BF Bot and Bet Angel

Preference wise I prefer BF Bot over Bet Angel - it just has little things like auto loading markets and stuff you have to do everyday in BA you do not have to do with BF

the only other difference is excel .. but really you can build this stuff using rules anyway - so its bit overhyped in a way.

really it depends on what you need to be honest

Also the forums here - its funny - you ask a simple question and you are given a tonne of links to things that do not answer your question - you really got to sort through it to get where you need to be ... probably too - in the videos for Bet Angel - its funny I find them next to useless and I will tell you why.

Many people are wanting very specific strategies or controls but when you watch a video - its almost pointless to do the video and say well there is more to it than this look for more videos or read this or that... its like ok thats 42% of the easiest stuff I need - but the 58% of the real important stuff is not there and there is no real answer.

This I guess is the difference between making money and losing money - and being successful and not successful... so either its not figured out yet - or they do not want to give away the answer.

Trial everything - find the one that does what your looking for - and do not believe the hype thinking these products are going to print you money ... you need a fairly solid idea to build around to be profitable.

(( when I came here I thought Bet Angel would blow everything else away - this was my impression - as a user now - well I know that is not the reality ))
If you want to build something really complex, Excel integration with BA is invaluable. You can do anything in a structured, easy to read VBA module.

As for the videos, they're designed to point you in the right direction, give ideas and something to work on. Nobody can teach success in a video or anywhere else. I've picked up a few ideas from Peter's football trading videos but it took tens of hours of experimenting and hard work to establish profitable strategies.
stratmaker10

I could make a video in 2 minutes and show you how to make $300 a day using any Betfair tool you want to use

but I do not because I do not even want to give a hint on how to do it.

That is what I am saying - the videos produced here are more marketing than problem solving/strategy building --> making money.

Anyway mine is one opinion and as always when you express opinions more often than not people want to shoot down anything you say.
Euler

There are tons of videos on strategy development and so on. YouTube tends to only show popular videos and the strategy based ones never seem to get as many views, so you probably haven't seen them. They are designed to push you in the right direction rather than lay it on a plate.

Besides there are tons of other resources.

There are some things, such a 'staking strategies' that Betfair and best practice advise us against implementing. So there will always be differences and things that will not be encouraged.
jamesg46

stratmaker10 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:54 pm
I could make a video in 2 minutes and show you how to make $300 a day using any Betfair tool you want to use

That is what I am saying - the videos produced here are more marketing than problem solving/strategy building --> making money.

Anyway mine is one opinion and as always when you express opinions more often than not people want to shoot down anything you say.
You make that video and I’ll post a strategy that guarantees a profit. Put your ego where your mouth is.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:42 pm
but it took tens of hours of experimenting and hard work to establish profitable strategies.
"Tens" !? I don't think anything can be described as hard work that takes 'tens' of hours.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:32 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:42 pm
but it took tens of hours of experimenting and hard work to establish profitable strategies.
"Tens" !? I don't think anything can be described as hard work that takes 'tens' of hours.
Put away your digger and dig with a spade for ten hours. ;)
Derek27

stratmaker10 wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:54 pm

Exactly. You don't want to give away your methods so you can only teach people to discover their own in a video.

All of my strategies rely on my judgement and experience so I wouldn't be able to give away a cash machine however long the video was.
alexmr2

Other software is ok for messing around on to practice manual trading but serious traders should have Bet Angel to make their life easier and give themselves an extra advantage in an already competitive game. Most other platforms aren't updated these days and don't have as many features or as good support as BA.

I came from other software and admit that adjusting to a different interface can be difficult at first, but you can customise BA to look how you want once you get used to the settings. Even in the worst case that you still prefer another softwares interface you can still use BA's automation, semi-automation or data logging in the background which for any serious trader would pay for itself
stratmaker10

it is pretty funny really these types of threads bring out all sorts of people as well as the nut jobs.

I think what I was referring too - was I go to youtube and watch a BA GH strategy video - it says look for track/box bias to build a strategy around .. that would take thousands of bets to formulate and bet and would be above most peoples bankroll to squeeze out a relatively small profit

because there is no real strategy behind it - other than a tendency for an event to occur but it could have a long losing streak for you to handle - which limits your bet size -- then you have to keep in mind the overall market size of GH in the first place .. if you bet too large you influence the market yourself.

As far as me doing a video giving away how I build strategy - the thing is I have nothing to prove - why would I go and just give away the secret to building winning automated strategy - when I look here and there is nothing really like it available and no thought process towards building that type of strategy.

Most of the strategy here is built around trading the market - this does not interest me to put $200-$300 into the market to make $5-$6 per race assuming you can find enough instances for this to be profitable.

Bet Angel really covers 80% of what you need but it lacks that finished polish to make it really good -- but I do take the point someone made - that you gotta work to customize it alot to get it close to what your used too with other software.

** as far as the offer for winning strategy or whatever that was - I got no interest because if your here in this forum using these ideas to build your strategy then obviously I do not know you or your ideas but your just a minnow - and I doubt it would be worth my time. The only person who makes you sit up and take notice when they say something is Dallas.

If I was Bet Angel and I wanted to really push my product to the top of the list - I would focus on one idea - and build it out start to finish and give users a chance to make some money ... just my opinion and as we know everyone has one of those.
wearthefoxhat

The In-Play trader is unique and is on par with even the latest TPD software. (at 20ms)

The dutching tool is super quick and efficient.

Without fully comparing the ladders with GT, can't really say, but probably not much in it overall.

Did I mention the automation .baf options - servants - excel integration?...

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”