Green Up for a Profit or Loss Amount not Number of Ticks?

toyouall

Looking for a bit of help as i have had a go at this but no joy.

I'm looking at a strategy of backing horses before the off and laying back off in-play. What i want to do is automate this during the day with the lay bet also being placed before the off and keep the bet when going in-play (i know how to automate the keep in play function so the bet is ready to be taken in the market which i have worked out already).

so i want to back for say £10 then lay off at odds which will give me £3 greened profit for example. Automation only seems to allow lay off at so many ticks.

Cheers,

Tommy
Dallas

Place your back bet (or lay bet) as normal but instead of using a lay bet use the "Green All Selections" rule type.

General Tab
Green all Selections
Arm 00:00:01 after event goes in play (or whatever time you want the rule to be active from)
Till 00:10:00 after event goes in play (or what ever time you want the rule to be active till)

Parameters Tab
None

Conditions Tab
Green all profit condition
Greater than £3

(You can even back multiple runners/selections and will still be greened up as soon as the profit target you set is reached - and it works the same if your laying first)

If you wish to close when a loss is reached you would set the condition as

Conditions Tab
Green all profit condition
less than -£3

If you wish to use both you need to nest the two conditions in a group with the requirement that 'One or more conditions in the group must be true'
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gro ... tions.html

A automation bot with both a profit and loss rule is available to use from the shared files library which you can customize to your own values and/or copy its contents into your existing automation file
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43&t=11407

NB Whenever using a Greening Up rule i would always suggest setting it to trigger 3 or more times, and if using in-play then ensure the rearm time is longer than the in-play delay, so for horse racing i would use 3 secs
Dallas

It can sometimes be confusing when to use less or greater than when setting profit or loss conditions. The best way to remember it is to visulize it as a ladder and remember greater is higher and less is lower

So if you wanted to set a rule to trigger if a loss is worse than -£3 you would use
'Less' than -£3 (less being any figure lower than -£3)

Return to “Bet Angel - FAQ's”