Using the Different Staking Methods

Dallas

When it comes to ‘Staking Methods’ you’ll notice there is five different ones to choose from, each has their own purpose and depending on your strategy or style of trading these can be very useful when used right so hopefully by the end of this thread you’ll know how to use them and be able to take full advantage of each method available and may even try something new.

By Liability Banner.jpg

The most common one is of course the ‘Fixed Stake’ method, this works exactly as you would expect – you choose the stake you require from the staking area on the ladder or one-click screen and that amount is placed at the odds when you place a back or lay bet/trade.

For the four remaining ‘Staking Methods’ the stake chosen from your staking area now becomes your ‘Seed’ stake and the actual amount placed into the market will be calculated by Bet Angel on the ‘Fly’ at the time of each bet placement to realize the ‘seed’ value for the method chosen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

By Liability (Lay Only)

Let’s start with the ‘By Liability (Lay Only)’ method. Firstly, any back bets placed still work the same way they did with the ‘Fixed Stake’ but with this method time you are choosing the liability for your lay bets. This is a particularly good option to use if your trading/laying on fast moving volatile markets like the in-running horse racing markets, by now choosing the liability your willing to accept for each lay bet before placing it you can confidently lay at ANY odds and know exactly what your potential loss would be.

In this example, I only want to risk £25 when placing a lay bet - no matter what odds I place my lay at. So, with the ‘By Liability (Lay Only)’ staking method selected the only other thing I need to do is select my ‘Seed Stake’ of £25 from the staking area and that’s it! - I can place lay bets at any odds I want and Bet Angel will calculate the actual amount that needs to be submitted at those odds.

To illustrate this in the image below I have placed three separate lay bets each at different odds all using a £25 ‘Seed’ stake, you’ll notice how the actual amounts differ for each one so that each lay bet still realizes a liability of £25. If you were to do the calculations manually (odds minus 1 multiply by bet amount) you can confirm they each add up to £25.

2.6*£9.62 = £25
2.35*£10.64 = £25
2.25*£11.11 = £25

By Liability Ladder.jpg

It works the same way on the one-click screen where in the image below I have also chosen a £25 ‘Seed’ stake and placed two random lay bets on the grid interface, the actual amounts calculated and submitted by Bet Angel can be seen in the unmatched bets area at the bottom of the screen and if you wish to check it the same calculation can be used to confirm these amounts placed will realize a £25 liability at the odds it was placed at.

By Liability Grid.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

By Liability (Back & Lay)

Next, we have ‘By Liability (Back & Lay)’ The first thing to note with this staking method is that the lay bets still work the same way as the method above so there’s no need to detail that again. So what does ‘By Liability’ mean when placing a back bet?

The simplest way to put it is it’s the target profit you want to achieve - or to put it the more technical way the liability of your back bet is the same liability the person who takes your bet with their lay bet is accepting.

This particular staking method is especially popular with football traders who are trading across multiple markets and are not too worried about the exact odds they place their bet at so long as the profit from the bet is the amount they require so it saves a lot of manual calculations working out what stakes to place at what odds in the match odds market to cover a trade in the CS market etc.

So for this example, I want to make a £40 profit no matter what odds I place my back bet at. So with the staking method ‘By Liability (Back & Lay)’ selected next I pick my ‘Seed’ stake of £40 from the staking area. I can now go ahead and my place back bets at any odds I want and Bet Angel will calculate the actual amount that needs to be submitted at those odds so that I would win £40. Obviously the higher the odds I back at the lower the actual amount placed will need to be and the lower the odds I back at the higher the actual amount will be.

To illustrate this in the image below I have placed two back bets at different odds using a £40 ‘Seed’ stake, and again you’ll notice how the actual amounts differ for each one so that each back bet would return a profit of £40. Just as last time if you were to do the calculations manually (odds minus 1 multiply by bet amount) you can confirm they each add up to and would return a profit of £40.

2.75 multiplied by £14.55 = £40
2.60 multiplied by £15.38 = £40

Also in the image below, I have placed two further random lay bets and just as in the previous post and the software has calculated and placed the amounts needed to realize the £40 liability as per the staking method and ‘Seed’ stake used.

By Liability B&L.jpg

I can perform the same task when trading on the the one click screen, in the image below using a 'Seed' stake of £40 for both back and lay bets I have placed two random bets on each side (I could of clicked on any odds), the actual stakes placed were calculated on the 'fly' and can be seen in the unmatched bets area at the bottom of the screen so as to achieve the 'Seed' stake value used.

By Liability B&L Grid.jpg
Dallas

By Book %

When using the Book% as your staking option it works simply by dividing the ‘Seed Stake’ you have selected by the odds you place the bet at. It doesn’t matter if this is a back or lay bet the calculation is done by the software on the fly at the time of its placement.

So, if you selected a £100 ‘Seed Stake’ and placed a bet (back or lay) at 5.0 the actual stake used would be £20
£100 divided by 5.0 = £20
Or if you used the same seed stake and placed a bet (back or lay) at 5.5 the actual stake placed would be £18.18
£100 divided by 5.5 =£18.18

Book%.jpg

A neat trick to using this staking option is if both bets get matched you will have also greened up without the need to place a 3rd greening bet. So, using the example above if both sides get matched an equal green profit of £1.82 on all selections will of been achieved.

Book% 2.jpg

If using this staking method with 'Global Settings enabled and ‘offset bets’ selected if both bets are matched you will still leave all the profits on just that selection, just as using ‘offset bets with greening’ will also still green you up if both sides are matched.

Return to “Bet Angel - FAQ's”